• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey's Christmas Party or New Years Eve

jcf

DIS Veteran
One trip left for the year, if they only continued Mickey's party through the end of December!!!!!!!

BTW, I wish I knew how to do the vote thing.

Never been at NY's but family went to MVMCP last Dec and it was GREAT! We booked 11/30-12/5 at SSR just this morning with our incentive points from KV. Can't wait.

If you've never been to MVMCP, you have missed a TREAT. I'm sure people will say the same thing about NYE. :)

How can you lose? It's DISNEY WORLD! :cool1:

The weeks leading up to Christmas are not as crowded as Christmas week. There would be tons of upset guests who would be locked out of the MK for a hard ticket event during that time. With the parks being so busy, lines get way long and the parks are open later, probably to give all the guests a better access to the attractions. Plus there usually aren't discounts, prices are higher at the resorts.

Also, New Years Eve is a blast at the parks. Crowded, but fun. MVMCP is also fun, but not like NYE.

Also, New Years Eve is a blast at the parks. Crowded, but fun. MVMCP is also fun, but not like NYE.

We (DW, DD and I) have enjoyed both MVMCP and NYE and I have to say I loved both. I do have one recommendation for you though. If you plan on staying in the parks (EPCOT or MK) try to book at a resort on the monorail or within walking distance of the park. We stayed at OKW and were at Epcot on NYE and it took us nearly 3 hours to get a bus back to the resort. :sad1:

Just my observations.

We've done MVMCP and had a ball. However, the NYE party is only offered once a year, so why not do that this time and save MVMCP for a visit in the future?

FWIW, we were there the week before Christmas (our schools were out the full week before one year) and practically had the MK to ourselves that evening. We walked onto everything! DS (12) and I rode Thunder Mountain and climbed the big hill as the fireworks finale was going off. I can't tell you how amazing that was. We still talk about it!

Whatever you decide, you'll have a ball! :thumbsup2

I think you posted on another thread about this, you wanted to be able to get on the rides. If that is important, I don't think you want to go for NYE.

I've mulled NYE over, the party at SSR sounds fun, but will probably consider this in a few years when my youngest is older. If you don't want him to stay up, he's up. If you want him to stay up, he wants to go to bed. :headache:

MVMCP. No way would I waste my points going over a holiday. I'm such a point hoarder that I won't go any later that December 15th. Not Mickey himself could convince we to use that many points in one shot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter