Mickeys BYBBQ or Hoop de doo?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by DanaMark3boys, Jan 25, 2013.

1. DanaMark3boys

DanaMark3boys Earning My Ears

Hi
    I am coming in April with my husband and 3 sons ages 8,6 and 1.
    We have always done all the character dinners but wanted to try one of the "show" types.
    We have never done either one so I was wondering with 3 boys at these ages which one would be best.
    Thank you!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. willowsnn3

willowsnn3 Tagless not by choice but by circumstance

I would recommend the BYBBQ. With the little boys at least they will be able to get up and move around & not have to stay seated thru the whole show. There's plenty of dancing with the characters but it is usually not one on one interaction. Lots of fun. We love it & were bummed that we couldn't get an ADR there on our last trip.

4. pauly's girl

pauly's girl Mouseketeer

I agree with PP with the ages of your boys the BYBBQ will most likely be the way to go. They get to move around and dance with the characters.They also teach country line dancing. My kids were about that age when we went and they loved it. When they are older though I would recommend doing HDDR it is a fantastic show that'll keep you laughing!!! Hope you have a great vacay!! :cool1:

5. grace&philipsmom

grace&philipsmom DIS Veteran

While we have never been to Hoop de doo, my kids always insist on returning to MBYBBQ on every trip. They enjoy watching the rope tricks, and dancing with the characters.

6. DanaMark3boys

DanaMark3boys Earning My Ears

Thank you all so much for the helpful info!! I hope i am not too late to get a res.
    we always book our trips last minute;)

7. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper Was a HokeyPokey addict, but turned myself around.

1) HDDR.
    2) In my opinion, BBQ is a rip-off for the price.