MickeyAnne's Wedding Report & Honeymoon TR (Updated 9/25 - End of DLR portion)

I was on a roll there but life just got in the way. I am going to make some time for another installment now! Sorry its been so long!

Mary Poppins is there on occasion. I saw her right next to the ice cream shop in February.
Good to know for when I go back! Thanks!

Awesome update! Looking forward to hearing more!
Here it comes!

You got great pictures, love the ones of the castle :goodvibes Oh and really cute Mickey ears too!!!
I love taking pics - DH just knows to pause and wait for me to shoot away

i have just caught up with your tr and i wanna say i just love all of your details so far and i cant wait to read more
loved your dress aswell as your bridesmaids and your f/g are a couple of cuties
Keep on uploading your pics i love them !
Thanks so much! Glad you are enjoying!

Great update, I love all the shots of the parade and castle. Sorry you missed out on the monte cristo.

:cool1: For getting the "Just Married" pins. I love the hat you made too.

I'm amazed how busy Disneyland can get, out of curiosity was this a weekend? I know locals coming in make things even worse.
This was a Friday - it was crowded during the day - not even close to a WDW day though but at night was when it got totally packed

haha

Awesome update!:thumbsup2 I tell ya, you and Mike are just the cutest couple ever!:lovestruc I love the Mickey ears that you made...very cute. Is there anywhere in WDW to do that?
Thank you! I think we are pretty cute if I do say so myself :rotfl: And you have to love custom ears!!! I think you can do it in Mickey's toontown Fair???? I am not sure but I know there is a place to do it in WDW.

More more!!!!! popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: :surfweb:
I hope you aren't still eating!!!! My appologies for slacking!

As promised - Here is an update!

The next day we slept in a bit and got ready slowly. We didn't have much left to do so we didn't need to rush. Our first stop of the day was LaBrea for breakfast and COFFEE! I really am addicted to the brown stuff!

Bellies filled and caffinated, we headed to California Adventure. We took a pic of each letter for a scrapbook (that I may find time to make someday) and then went into the park. We headed straight for Paradise Pier. It was pretty at night but just stunning during the day - more pics!
Honeymoon-BigCamera079.jpg

Honeymoon-BigCamera081.jpg

Honeymoon-BigCamera083.jpg

We watched California Screamin' for a little while and decided to skip it because - eh hem - Mike's a chicken.

The line for Toy Story Mania was almost 2 hours on night one but was under an hour today so we hopped on (we would have waited even if it was two hours). It moved quicky and we entertained ourselves along the way. Mr. Potatoe head was funny and then we took pics with our 3-D glasses for a while. Time moved fast and then we were on! IT WAS AWESOME!!!! A 3-D game with a Buzz twist! You have to shoot things for points - it is carnival style games! It was so much fun but I lost! If the wait hadn't doubled by the time we got off, we would have ridded again. WDW needs this ride!
Honeymoon1-DLR283.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR292.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR293.jpg

After Toy Story, we walked the pier and Mike played a basketball game because he can't resit.
Honeymoon1-DLR295.jpg

We rode Mullholand Maddness (very jerkey) and then made our way to Grizzly Rapids. We were online behind a teenager tour group. They were loud and silly, a little bit annoying, but not unbearable. I didn't want to ride with them though - no luck there! There we were, the newlyweds, in a tube with 6 teenagers! It was funny but they took the brunt of the waterfalls and Mike and I stayed pretty dry.
Honeymoon1-DLR303.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR304.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR310.jpg

Butts a little damp we headed to get fastpasses for Soarin' and then to get a quick bite. I had been oogling chocolate covered strawberries all week and Mike wanted a hotdog so it was over to Award Wieners!
Honeymoon1-DLR340.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR346.jpg

During lunch, we decided to book another dinner for that night. We decided on Cafe Orleans so we headed to guest services and called in our reservation! I thought we would never get a reservation that late but, it was no problem. Reservation made, we went straight for the Aladdin show. I have heard great things so I REFUSED to skip it. All that I heard was right! This show was Broadway calibur and Mike and I both loved it. Go to DLR just for this show!
Honeymoon1-DLR325.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR337.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR338.jpg

After the show, we went back to Animation Academy where we learned to draw Minnies this time. Here we are waiting to draw!
Honeymoon1-DLR351.jpg

Minnie's in hand, we went to ride Soarin' (great ride) and then to find a spot for the parade. We sat right in front of the Sundial and watched the BEST parade I have ever seen! The Pixar Play Parade was just great! The characters shot water into the crowd and it was just visually gorgeous. Here are some shots.
Honeymoon-BigCamera091.jpg

Honeymoon-BigCamera099.jpg

Honeymoon-BigCamera101.jpg

Honeymoon-BigCamera105.jpg

Honeymoon-BigCamera110.jpg

Honeymoon-BigCamera116.jpg

Honeymoon-BigCamera119.jpg

Honeymoon-BigCamera123.jpg

Honeymoon-BigCamera124.jpg

After the parade it was straight back to DLP. That's up next!

Great installment!! I love it :goodvibes You do know now that TSM - Toy Story Mania is at both parks, right? They opened basically at the same time :lovestruc I just love that ride:love:

Another wonderful update!! I can't wait for the cruise portion!!
Those strawberries looked VERY yummy!! Awesome pics of the parade, especially Mater and Lightnin! Can't wait to read more!:thumbsup2

I am just on the wedding day but I wanted to ask where you got your veil! I love it & have been looking for one!

Hello ladies - thanks for all the niceness! We really did have fun and I told you I was a picture nut. I really need to make a point of updating more often - I just forget. Don't be mad at me!

Here I go...

So after the parade, Mike and I picked up and left California Adventure. We headed straight across to DLP and stopped for some more photopass shots (which I have now and can share as soon as I upload them). It was getting crowded because the night shows were nearing but we just made our way through to the New Orleans Cafe where we had made a reservation for earlier. Dinner was very yummy - I had french onion soup and crepes filled with fish, yuuum! Mike just had a salad and fries but it was good. Desert had a funky name but it was really just mickey shaped zeppoles. SOOOOO good!
Honeymoon1-DLR359.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR365.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR369.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR370.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR371.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR372.jpg

After dinner we made our way to find a spot for Fantasmic. This is something that DLP needs to work on. It is not like WDW where as there is seating - you have to find a spot on the road that connects New Orleans Square to the other lands. So people are standing like sardines while others are trying to push strollers through etc. It was not the most fun hour of our trip but we just laughed it off with eachother and waited for the show. It was very similar to WDW's show but not the same. In this case, the better show is in WDW (in my opinion at least), but it was great and I would never miss it in either park.
Honeymoon1-DLR373.jpg

Tom Sawyer's Island was the stage
Honeymoon1-DLR374.jpg

Here we are waiting for the show - it wasn't crowded around us yet, but it was so bad later on that I could barely lift my arms to take a picture.
Honeymoon1-DLR382.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR384.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR389.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR391.jpg

We were pretty tired after the show so we pealed ourselves away from the crowds and made our way through the mayhem that was Main Street (Wishes was going on at this point). We did a little shopping on our way back to the hotel but we called it a night shortly after.

The next morning we woke up very early to get to Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast. The food was good and the staff was lovely but I am going to say that Chef Mickey's in WDW is a better character experience. We definitely had fun though!
Honeymoon1-DLR400.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR401.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR402.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR404.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR406.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR407.jpg

After breakfast we went to buy some last minute things in DTD and then (after being dorky in the elevator) we checked out of our room. After check out we went to the cruise checkpoint to get our keys to the world for the ship and to catch the bus to port!!!!!! We were so excited but also a bit bummed to leave Disneyland (hence the last two shots of us).
Honeymoon1-DLR412.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR423.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR424.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR426.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR429.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR431.jpg

My next update - ITS CRUISE TIME!!!!

Can't wait to see the DCL. I so badly want to go on a mexican riveria cruise. More more!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter