Mickey Pomander

TiggerificSox

Halloween Disbride-to-be
Does anyone know how to make the fake flowers Mickey Pomander? (Or flower ball like I like to call it...)

This is the one I made, though not finished in this picture. I used 1 large and 2 small foam balls(that I got at walmart) inserted craft sticks to hold ears in place for shape. I hot glued flowers in place....you can use floral pins/stakes too but for me the hot glue worked.... The foam shapes were the most expensive part. have fun and good luck:goodvibes

momamandaflorals001-1.jpg

Here's mine (I'm hanging in Gazebo opening)! I did same as OP. I attached the flowers by sticking a toothpick to make a hole, and then used hotglue to glue the flower stem into the hole.

DSC01016.jpg

Ladies those came out very well! You could probably use shish-kabob squers to help hold them togtehr as well. A dab of hot glue to help reinforce should do the trick.

I love these. I just have to figure out where I would use it! Maybe put something in the back to make it stand on the buffet table!

I sent you a PM!
Really sorry I lost your message!!

Anyway, we used pins for our petals, instead of the hot glue. I figured the hot glue would melt, and I hate the stringy glue you have to deal with.
But you can do either!
The pins added a little extra sparkle to ours, and I really liked that.
We used hydrangea petals and pinned them to the two different sized balls. We ended up stuffing them with petals, so our Mickeys turned out really bushy!
We also used floral wire to hold the ears on instead of the craft sticks. Just stick the wire though the ear and position on the head, then fold it across the bottom so it won't come off. It held ours really tight!

Here's a few pictures!
gettingready2_4.jpg

weddingpics16.jpg

This one is in my siggie, but you can see my sister's pomander pretty well
weddingzane-1.jpg

Hope this helps you! Let me know if you need me to explain something better!

So I have been trying to figure out how to make these things and then this is what I came up with. For some reason I can't get the ears to stay in but I used craft sticks so anyone have any suggestions? I was going to try to glue them in but I haven't gotten to that yet. Also how did you all attach the ribbon to make the handle? Thanks a bunch for your help... as always!! ;)

BTW- a couple people stopped by last night and were suprised that I learned to make this from the "silly boards" that I spend all my time on. This will keep there mouth shut for a while! :lmao:

Photo177.jpg

I used the large craft sticks and then hot glued them inside. my handle is a ribbon loop held in place in btw the ears with pins and hot glue. I think I added some extra flowers aroiund it too to help secure in place.... yours looks GREAT! :thumbsup2 :cool1: The color is pretty!:goodvibes

I love the idea of the Mickey pompander, but I did not want to hang them anywhere, so I made some to stand up!

We made 2 large pompanders that sit on photo stands:
Front:
3413295000_1097fe1325.jpg

Back:
3413295112_14bbe5d295.jpg

As well as 2 smaller ones that will sit on a spray-painted styrofoam ring:
3413295066_839fdb8eb0.jpg

I lined the bottom of each with leaves to give it a little bit of a base, and the leaves also help to provide support to the smaller two. The 2 large ones will sit on each end of a long bar in the reception hall, and the 2 small will sit on the cake table and guest book table. Our wedding is an at-home Disney-themed.

So, just another possibility for you all!

I LOVE all of the pics! What a great idea! I just showed DF and he loves it too. I am wondering if anyone has ever done these with real flowers? Is this something the disney florist could do?

We originally priced them with Disney Floral. But I know that they were priced really high, so thats why we chose to do them ourselves.

So, yes. You can have Disney Floral do them.

We originally priced them with Disney Floral. But I know that they were priced really high, so thats why we chose to do them ourselves.

So, yes. You can have Disney Floral do them.

Do you remember approximately how much they cost through Disney Floral? Thank you!

Do you remember approximately how much they cost through Disney Floral? Thank you!

The Mickey pomander was $125 back in November. If you're at ALL crafty, I recommend making it yourself. Ours was made with real flowers (carnations), and was so heavy that the ribbon holder fell out multiple times BEFORE pictures were taken. (Like as in literally as it was being taken out of the box after it arrived) Not to mention our flower girl wasn't able to hold it during the ceremony.

Honestly, the one from Disney Floral looked more like a Wookie head, not a Mickey. And I'm not just being picky because it fell apart.

mickeymousebouquet.jpg

I went back and looked at my floral and it was $125 for us too.

BUT that was without the type of flower or color specified. So I am sure if we made the entire thing to match ours it would have at least been double the money!

Wow.. DaPookie! It does sort of resemble a wookie! I can't believe the ribbon didn't even stay in place!!

I recently got a price quote as of 11/2012 of $255 per mickey pomander at Disney Floral. Seriously, so easy to make your own. Costs about 30 dollars to make a large one. If you shop sales or Ebay I am sure you could make it for even less.

Fun post! Here's mine

mickeypomander.jpg

I definitely recommend making it yourself, it cost me $25 for everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter