Mickey light post directions

Thia is the one we made:
DSC00755.JPG

Thank you everyone! We are just starting our Mickey camping gear and this will be great!! Of course my dh does not understand my addiction-and will probably :rotfl2: about this one too-but oh well! I think I need one for our house and our up coming house on wheels!!

Disney Campers said:
Thia is the one we made:
DSC00755.JPG

Disney Campers, would you mind telling me what size globes you used for your light I started making ours and I bought 8" for the head and 6" for the ears.

Thanks,
Chris

this is great!! what a fantastic way to have Disney Magic at your house!! :banana: thanks so much for posting this. my honey do list will just have to wait... i think that this is a project i will WANT to tackle :goodvibes

Daddyscooltv were did you get your globes? I've had a difficult time finding the plastic ones.
Thanks

I purchased the globes at lowes, not sure of the size, they had 2 sizes and the proportion was just perfect in my eyes, hardest part was cutting the hole in the big globe,

It wasn't that hard at all really, the hardest part for me was to figure out where to cut the holes for the ears ...getting them straight and evenly spaced apart. The rest was just going to home depot and finding the right pvc fittings to put it together.

How much did the parts cost y'all in total? We've started assembling the needed material and so far we are just around $60.

Thanks

We have 1 more question.

We could only find the big globe without a "neck". if anyone else used a "neckless" one, how did you attach it to the post where you would be able to take off the head to change the bulb?

Thanks Again!

I didn't keep a total but I would say around $60 for the whole thing. The most expensive thing was the big globe if I remeber it was about $12.

Where did you all find the globes ???? I've looked everywhere for them. Are you using 12" and 8" ??? Or 10" and 6" ???

We found ours at the THIRD Home Depot we visited...nothing at Lowe's around here.

The big globe, 10", was $22 on clearance for $5! The 6" globes were $6.99 ea. The little ones have "necks" while the big one does not.

Now we have to figure out how to attach the big one to the post without a neck...

I used the 8" and the 6" globes I could not find any bigger than 8". I got everything at my local Home Depot.

I have the best DH around, On the Mickey lamp post, he built the post on 3/4" plywood and drilled holes in each corner to place a tent stack to anchor the light into the ground. We did have a problem with the big globe cracking while cutting the 3" hole for the ears. Thank goodness for glue - at least until I can find another 12" globe. He did not glue the pvc pipe together so we can take most everything apart for easier travel in the motorhome.

He finished the project last weekend for our upcoming trip to Ft Wilderness on November 11th for a week.

What more could a person ask for. :love:

I wondered if any of you thought about painting the inside of your globes lime green? I was thinking of drizzling acrylic paint inside and rolling it around to coat it lightly. Any thoughts on whether this would be a bad idea or not? I would probably use one of the new low wattage flourescent bulbs, and thought acrylic paint would be less flamable than spray paint or something else.

Any thoughts??

We found ours at the THIRD Home Depot we visited...nothing at Lowe's around here.

The big globe, 10", was $22 on clearance for $5! The 6" globes were $6.99 ea. The little ones have "necks" while the big one does not.

Now we have to figure out how to attach the big one to the post without a neck...

i built mine out of 3" pvc and used a 3" by 4" reducer and clear silconed the globes to the reducer so the reducer and the globes are one piece and the bulb is in the post.

I have seen a few with a color changing light inside. Does anyone know if it is just a bulb or what?!:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter