Mickey Bars ºoº ... what else is uniquely Disney?

Fºoºz

DIS Veteran
pixiedust:I read in another post that Mickey Bars are free when ordered from room service ... :yay:

Is there anywhere else you can get Mickey Bars :mickeybar ? Are they really yummmy ... ??

What else can you expect on a Disney cruise ...

• Is there Disney themed :smickey: stationery that you can get from the Front desk to write letters etc
  • As a Disney first-time cruiser :sail: , do you get a lanyard with your cruise package ... or can you get one from the Front desk
  • Is pin-trading very active onboard the ships ... or is it mainly with the Cast members
  • If you make purchases aboard the ships, does Disney offer S&H services so you can ship those items back home :teleport:
  • How good are the onboard discounts if you book a future Disney cruise
  • Can adults tour any of the teen/children areas when you first board to see what they are like (our little boy at home is the four-legged kind :goodvibes :goofy: )
  • Just curious, are turkey legs that you get at WDW (at least when we were there 10 years ago) avail?
  • Are there "personalized" Disney items available, like the Mickey Ears
  • Are the movies avail on your TV :happytv: in your stateroom mainly Disney/family movies
  • Does anyone have the inside dimensions of the stateroom fridge ... wondering if I can fit several of the small-size aluminum beverage bottles :drinking1 inside
  • Are bridge / behind the scenes tours avail?
  • I know this is subjective, but is Palo as romantic :flower3: as Remy's in celebrating a special occassion?
  • Am anticipating a wonderful time aboard the Fantasy because it is Disney ... but do you find that others aboard really immerse themselves in the Disney spirit ... that fellow passengers tend to dress up more in Disney style? We will be participating in FE exchanges and decorating our stateroom door with magnets and are looking forward to that ... I guess DW and I are "anticipating" a Disney experience - it's like the difference between staying at a hotel off-site and staying at a Disney resort ... in both instances you get to visit Disney ... but staying on-site just provides a unique experience / atmosphere that I don't know how to describe ... I'm hoping that B2B cruises will provide that pixiedust: experience as we celebrate our 20th together:hug:. Last night my DW remarked how excited she is :cloud9: about our forthcoming trip so I just want to take that extra step to make it as special for her as she is to me ... yes I did have a sappy moment :sad2:

Our DGD got a Mickey bar for dessert every night at supper in the MDR. She seemed to think they were wonderful. ;) I don't think they have turkey legs or personalize Mickey ears but we didn't look for this either. We had stationery in the desk in our cabin. The TV programs are largely Disney or stations Disney is affiliated with. First time cruisers don't get lanyards but can always buy one on board or before you leave (much cheaper). There are limited pin trading events scheduled and the cast members will trade but we didn't see much pin activity. That could vary depending on who is cruising. We saw a lot of little girls dressed as princesses and some Disney shirts but we were on the Wonder in Alaska so people were wearing coats a lot. I can't speak to your other questions but I'm sure others will. Have a great trip!

Fºoºz;44056334 said:
pixiedust:I read in another post that Mickey Bars are free when ordered from room service ... :yay:

Is there anywhere else you can get Mickey Bars :mickeybar ? Are they really yummmy ... ?? The dining rooms. They're not on the menu, but you can ask for one and they'll bring it! :goodvibes I like them, but DH isn't a fan, he says the chocolate is too rich.:confused3 I didn't know such a thing existed! :rotfl:

What else can you expect on a Disney cruise ...

• Is there Disney themed :smickey: stationery that you can get from the Front desk to write letters etc There are a couple of sheets and envelopes in your room, but not much. Never tried asking for more, but they'll pretty much give you anything else, so I don't see what harm it would be to ask! There are also a couple of DCL postcards in your room.
  • As a Disney first-time cruiser :sail: , do you get a lanyard with your cruise package ... or can you get one from the Front desk No, you don't get a free lanyard unless you've cruised with DCL once before. There are ones available for purchase, though. I'd rather get one before I left home - it's cheaper! - unless you specifically want a Disney Cruise Line one.
  • Is pin-trading very active onboard the ships ... or is it mainly with the Cast members It depends on who's on board. I wouldn't call it active, it's definitely less than you'd see at the parks. But there's been a pin trading event scheduled on each DCL cruise I've been on.
  • If you make purchases aboard the ships, does Disney offer S&H services so you can ship those items back home :teleport: Unfortunately not. I have heard, though, that there is a shipping store (UPS maybe?) close to the port that's a good option; maybe someone else could give you more info. I always just take a duffel bag inside my suitcase to use for the "stuff" one tends to accumulate on a vacation...:rolleyes1
  • How good are the onboard discounts if you book a future Disney cruise IMHO, very! You get 10% off the price of the future cruise, your deposit is only 10% of the cruise price instead of 20%, and you get onboard credit for that future cruise based on its length and your castaway club status. Definitely worth it, in my mind.
  • Can adults tour any of the teen/children areas when you first board to see what they are like (our little boy at home is the four-legged kind :goodvibes :goofy: ) I don't know...I've wondered that myself, but never tried. There are some hidden Mickeys in those clubs and they're the only pictures that I knowI'm missing from my HM album. :rolleyes:
  • Just curious, are turkey legs that you get at WDW (at least when we were there 10 years ago) avail? Pirate night buffet, they were available. Haven't seen them otherwise.
  • Are there "personalized" Disney items available, like the Mickey Ears No Mickey ears. :sad2:
  • Are the movies avail on your TV :happytv: in your stateroom mainly Disney/family movies Yes, they're mainly family films.
  • Does anyone have the inside dimensions of the stateroom fridge ... wondering if I can fit several of the small-size aluminum beverage bottles :drinking1 inside I'm sure someone has dimensions. But we were able to fit 3 bottles of wine in there...:rolleyes1
  • Are bridge / behind the scenes tours avail? There are some special tours, but pretty much all the behind-the-scenes stuff has been eliminated. Some people still say they've done them recently, but there seems to be no real rhyme or reason how they're determining what to offer on each sailing that I can tell.
  • I know this is subjective, but is Palo as romantic :flower3: as Remy's in celebrating a special occassion? I can't compare the two, as I've only cruised the classic ships, but Palo is fantastic and we really enjoyed it.
  • Am anticipating a wonderful time aboard the Fantasy because it is Disney ... but do you find that others aboard really immerse themselves in the Disney spirit ... that fellow passengers tend to dress up more in Disney style? We will be participating in FE exchanges and decorating our stateroom door with magnets and are looking forward to that ... I guess DW and I are "anticipating" a Disney experience - it's like the difference between staying at a hotel off-site and staying at a Disney resort ... in both instances you get to visit Disney ... but staying on-site just provides a unique experience / atmosphere that I don't know how to describe ... I'm hoping that B2B cruises will provide that pixiedust: experience as we celebrate our 20th together:hug:. Last night my DW remarked how excited she is :cloud9: about our forthcoming trip so I just want to take that extra step to make it as special for her as she is to me ... yes I did have a sappy moment :sad2:

I wouldn't say people "dress up" Disney. You'll see a VERY wide range of dress. Sure, there's lots of Mickey shirts, and pirate night is a real hoot with tons of people getting into the theme...but I wouldn't say it's really Disney themed dress all day, every day. But we have always felt that same Disney magic on a cruise! :wizard:

Enjoy and happy anniversary!!! :cheer2:

I'll just address a few as the my answers would just be repeats.

Fºoºz;44056334 said:
[*]As a Disney first-time cruiser :sail: , do you get a lanyard with your cruise package ... or can you get one from the Front desk
As others said, No. However, I thought there was a reasonably priced DCL lanyard with key pouch (or whatever you call those plastic things clipped to the end) included. I looked for one of these in WDW and the lanyards and pouches were always priced separately. However once we got on the ship I saw the DCL one for about $9. Which I thought was reasonable. So if you can find it on eBay or clearance in the Disney shops beforehand, great job. But if they keep that one for the Fantasy I don't think you'll be taken to the cleaners.

[*]Is pin-trading very active onboard the ships ... or is it mainly with the Cast members
I didn't notice it much, but I do believe there was a few times listed in the navigators for events. You might want to check over those to see if is a normal occurrence. http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-stateroom-navigator.htm

[*]Can adults tour any of the teen/children areas when you first board to see what they are like (our little boy at home is the four-legged kind :goodvibes :goofy: )
I believe you can tour during the Open House on embarkation day. I didn't do it myself but I can't imagine they would turn away adults without kids since there is no kids programming at that time (where kids would be without their parents). So it can't hurt to try :)

[*]Just curious, are turkey legs that you get at WDW (at least when we were there 10 years ago) avail?
Didn't notice them anywhere, but we were on a shorter sailing. We did the pirate night buffet and didn't see them.

[*]Does anyone have the inside dimensions of the stateroom fridge ... wondering if I can fit several of the small-size aluminum beverage bottles :drinking1 inside
I don't have the dimensions, but I don't think you'll have a problem. They are tall so we stacked. We had 6 bottles of beer, 4 cans of soda, large/tall bottle of Vodka, large/tall bottle of Rum and 6 bottles of water. The shelves in the door provided extra space.

[*]Am anticipating a wonderful time aboard the Fantasy because it is Disney ... but do you find that others aboard really immerse themselves in the Disney spirit ... that fellow passengers tend to dress up more in Disney style?
It reminded me of the parks, how the varied dress you'll see there. Some in full Disney to more normal vacation clothes. Lots of good Pirate night costumes but also some really nice 'Formal' night attire (Dream doesn't have a true Formal night). So it was a nice cross between a Cruise atmosphere and the Parks.
[/list]

When we attended the DVC event onboard the gave out lanyards there I believe.

Anyone can visit the Kids' Clubs during Open House. I toured them on my last Disney Cruise - they were really neat! I wish I had kids to take on the ship!

I just want to take that extra step to make it as special for her as she is to me ... yes I did have a sappy moment :sad2:
[/list][/QUOTE]

How about ordering a basket or something from Shirley to be put in your stateroom filled with all kinds of special things for her, to show her how special she is to you.

:littleangel:

Our DGD got a Mickey bar for dessert every night at supper in the MDR. She seemed to think they were wonderful. ;) ...

• Originally Posted by Fºoºz
    I read in another post that Mickey Bars are free when ordered from room service ...

Is there anywhere else you can get Mickey Bars ? Are they really yummmy ... ??
The dining rooms. They're not on the menu, but you can ask for one and they'll bring it! I like them, but DH isn't a fan, he says the chocolate is too rich. I didn't know such a thing existed!
I'm just imagining now the rich smoothy chocolatey taste as you bite ... into an ear ... :lmao: ... was hoping one could pop by somewhere and grab a Mickey Bar whenever you wanted one ... heard that there is a soft-serve icecream area ...

Does anyone have the inside dimensions of the stateroom fridge ... wondering if I can fit several of the small-size aluminum beverage bottles inside
I'm sure someone has dimensions. But we were able to fit 3 bottles of wine in there...

I don't have the dimensions, but I don't think you'll have a problem. They are tall so we stacked. We had 6 bottles of beer, 4 cans of soda, large/tall bottle of Vodka, large/tall bottle of Rum and 6 bottles of water. The shelves in the door provided extra space.

Guess there must be enough room for me to store some boring chilled bottles of water and juice ... :rotfl2:

Is pin-trading very active onboard the ships ... or is it mainly with the Cast members
It depends on who's on board. I wouldn't call it active, it's definitely less than you'd see at the parks. But there's been a pin trading event scheduled on each DCL cruise I've been on.

I didn't notice it much, but I do believe there was a few times listed in the navigators for events. You might want to check over those to see if is a normal occurrence. http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruis...-navigator.htm

In re: to the pin-trading, I'm more of a collector than an active trader. I love giving away pins more than receiving ... remember the fun we had during the Millennium Pin trading @ WDW in 2000. Not sure if it is that popular anymore, particularly with the current younger kids. Anyways, thank you both for your detailed responses ... much appreciated. :thumbsup2

Anyone can visit the Kids' Clubs during Open House. I toured them on my last Disney Cruise - they were really neat! I wish I had kids to take on the ship!

That is great - would love to see how much fun the kids areas are ... I'm still a kid at heart ...

How about ordering a basket or something from Shirley to be put in your stateroom filled with all kinds of special things for her, to show her how special she is to you.

:littleangel:

I knew there was someone out there outside of Disney that did baskets but could not remember the name ... thank you.

Fºoºz;44067138 said:
I'm just imagining now the rich smoothy chocolatey taste as you bite ... into an ear ... :lmao: ... was hoping one could pop by somewhere and grab a Mickey Bar whenever you wanted one ... heard that there is a soft-serve icecream area ... Boy, is there ever...DH probably ate half the ice cream they brought on board for that soft serve machine during our last cruise. He decided the cups were too small for him, so he went to the drink station and grabbed one of THOSE cups for ice cream so he didn't have to make extra trips.:rotfl2:

I knew there was someone out there outside of Disney that did baskets but could not remember the name ... thank you.

Shirley's is The Perfect Gift,
http://www.theperfectgift.cc and they also have a facebook page, if you're into that.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter