Mickey and Minnie cake pops

amypoppins

WDW veteran, Board newbie
I made my sister a cake pop bouquet for her birthday. Cake pops are cake and frosting mixed together, rolled into balls, and dipped in chocoate. Yellow cake with chocolate frosting is her favorite cake--so I made a butter recipe yellow cake with milk chocolate frosting, then dipped in dark chocolate with a little bit of black color added.

You can do any combination of cake and icings, of course, depending on your favorite. Red velvet/cream cheese, chocolate/cream cheese, white/strawberry--possibilities are endless!

The instructions for the Mickey/Minnie pops are at Disneyfamily.com--created for them by Bakerella.

The container I just got at Target's dollar spot and added some red and white polka dots, then filled 1/3 with pinto beans (for weight) and then the styrofoam. Cover with the shredded paper and voila! Mickey and Minnie's cake pop bouquet!

100_2528.jpg

100_2530.jpg

how do you mix the cake and frosting?

You make a cake like normal and let it cool completely. Then you crumble it up into fine pieces in a big bowl. Add 1/2 to 3/4 of the can of frosting and mix well.

http://family.go.com/disney/pkg-disney-recipes/recipe-bakerella-866615-disney-bakerella-mickey-mouse-cake-pops-t/

That is the link to the page at Disneyfamily.com with the detailed instructions. It's really pretty easy. Word of warning-no one can eat just one! :goodvibes

and how do you get them so even:confused3 Mine would be all blobby and yucky/lopsided:rolleyes1

and how do you get them so even:confused3 Mine would be all blobby and yucky/lopsided:rolleyes1

It's all about getting the cake broken into really fine crumbs after it's baked. Once it is completely cooled you cut it into 4 even sections. Take 2 sections and rub them together over the bowl. That breaks it down into really fine pieces. Then do the next 2 sections. Then add the frosting and mix well. You roll it into your balls and everything is nice and even--no blobby and yucky-I promise! :thumbsup2

You haven't seen me and cake decorating:rotfl2: They'll all have one ear bigger than the other, or ears bigger than the head, I bet! My stuff tastes OK, but would never win a prize for presentation:rolleyes1 Even your chocolate is al smooth and even with no drips!:worship:

These are now a new family favorite after my soon to be niece-in-law made them for our Christmas get together. My own daughter made them not to long ago and I'm just waiting for a special occasion to make them for work.

My daughter wants a Mickey/Minnie themed birthday this year. Thanks for sharing. I will definitely have to make these!

Those are SO CUTE!!

I've made the oreo truffles from the bakerella website, but my dipping chocolate never gets that smooth! What kind of chocolate did you use and how did you melt it?

Those are SO CUTE!!

I've made the oreo truffles from the bakerella website, but my dipping chocolate never gets that smooth! What kind of chocolate did you use and how did you melt it?

To follow up on this question, what kinds of dipping chocolates do others use? I've made a bunch of different cake pops recently and was using the Wilton's Candy Melts (not real chocolate). I ended up needing to add shortening to thin the melts enough for dipping. Have others had to do this?

For the Mickeys, I was worried that the ears would fall off when dipped. How much chocolate/candy "glue" was needed? Did the ears fall off much or were they pretty stable when being dipped?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter