Miami side trip?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by seashell724, Jan 10, 2013.

1. seashell724

seashell724 DIS Veteran

Has anyone done a side trip to Miami while in Orlando? We will be doing Disney and other local attractions for a week and then a couple trips to the gulf beaches after that. We still will have a few days and I am not sure of going to Miami would be a good option or I'd we should just do more days at gulf beaches. Thanks for any input!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

4. hcortesis

hcortesis Mouseketeer

Doing it next weekend. 6 days at the Fountainbleu and then 6 days at BCV. Hope we enjoy it.

5. JimMIA

JimMIA A little Miami humor...

As Pat said, too far for a day trip.

But there's a lot to do here, depending on when you come and how long you stay. If you give some more details and an idea of what you are looking for, I'm sure some of us from Miami can give you some suggestions.

6. seashell724

seashell724 DIS Veteran

Well we would have our toddler with us. I would for sure want to do Miami beach and I read some good reviews about the zoo but other than that I'm stumped. It would be in early Oct so I'm hoping it would still be nice weather. Some good places to eat on the beach and a few more activities would be helpful. Also I looked on TA for places to stay and would like suggestions. Doesn't have to be in the center of it all. Just want something reasonably priced I think!

7. Disneyaddictz

Disneyaddictz DIS Veteran

The palms hotel was awesome! Stayed 10 days... It's south beach but several blocks from the really crazy part...beach is amazing feels private since its not typically where the public is and I loved the servers that came out to take care of you while sun bathing...drinks..food whatever!. Beautiful grounds too! The staff was amazing and so eager to make your stay wonderful. Restaurant and concierge were some other highlights :)