Miami recommended hotels close to port

We stayed at the Hyatt House hotel (edit: same hotel as prior post) near the airport. Midweek they have "reception" with lite snacks and soft drinks, beer and wine. After flying across country, the light snacks made for a nice dinner: soup, vegies, quesadilla, cheese, crackers, fruit.

They picked us up at the airport then took us back the next morning where we caught the DCL bus to the port.

meldobbs said:
We've booked the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North for our cruise in March 2014. The place gets pretty good reviews - $129 for 2 Queen beds, and free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port.

We were there this past march, it was very nice.. Clean, friendly, free breakfast. We had a cruise pkg that included transfers and a bottle of wine. Also as members of their rewards club we got two drink coupons.

I was shocked at how expensive so many of the MIA hotels were. We are planning on staying in MIA for two or three nights before we board, and I am a little alarmed at how pricey it is there!

For spending a couple of days at the beach before going on your cruise ...

See my post (its #4) on this thread

and price is somewhat subjective (I've just gotten used to paying $150/night - and that's taken me years to get used too): I think we paid about $150 per night for an ocean view room. The dinners were around $20 each for a nice piece of fish or steak at both places.

For spending a couple of days at the beach before going on your cruise ...

and price is somewhat subjective (I've just gotten used to paying $150/night - and that's taken me years to get used too): I think we paid about $150 per night for an ocean view room. The dinners were around $20 each for a nice piece of fish or steak at both places.
And how long does it take to drive to Miami Beach from there? That place looks gorgeous. DH really has his heart on staying on MIA beach...

And how long does it take to drive to Miami Beach from there? That place looks gorgeous. DH really has his heart on staying on MIA beach...
Google Maps says its 40-45 minutes. So he want to go "sight seeing" does he:blush: Can't say that I blame him:rolleyes1, but I always assume that what I see on tv won't be there when I am.

Google Maps says its 40-45 minutes. So he want to go "sight seeing" does he:blush: Can't say that I blame him:rolleyes1, but I always assume that what I see on tv won't be there when I am.

:rotfl2: I didnt even think of that!! :rotfl:
He's one of those "I just want to be where all the action is" type of guys. Plus, we've never been to MIA before and figured if we are flying all the way across the country, we might as well stay IN the action, KWIM?
:woohoo:

... if we are flying all the way across the country, we might as well stay IN the action, KWIM?
:woohoo:

Know what you mean - because I fly out of Portland to get there (ANYWHERE!!) - so when we are "there" we want to BE THERE.

And we are almost neighbors!! 40 years ago I had cousins that lived in Kirkland - back when it was "a long ways" from Seattle.

Know what you mean - because I fly out of Portland to get there (ANYWHERE!!) - so when we are "there" we want to BE THERE.

And we are almost neighbors!! 40 years ago I had cousins that lived in Kirkland - back when it was "a long ways" from Seattle.

Yeah ITA on "being there".
Long ways from Seattle. ha ha! And come on, Pdx is not THAT bad! You have Powell's and Voodoo! he he

Anyone have some good family friendly suggestions for after the cruise? We're going to stay 3 days extra after our Feb. cruise. Looking for family friendly, with a pool, and maybe fridge?

Nightclub not necessary1 A co-worker was just there for work, and stayed in one of the hotels near the convention center. His hotel had a nightclub outside, and he was up every night until 3 with the bass beat.

We're doing the La Quinta on LeJeune for pre-cruise night. Free airport shuttle and to the cruise port! It also had good reviews on trip advisor.

Anyone have some good family friendly suggestions for after the cruise? We're going to stay 3 days extra after our Feb. cruise. Looking for family friendly, with a pool, and maybe fridge?

Nightclub not necessary1....

we had a kitchenette in our room. In the afternoons to early evening they had a guy playing guitar and singing out by the pool - he was good!! Our last day there "we all" got him to do a couple of encores!!

LOL! I mentioned this to my DH last night and he laughed at the "sight seeing" ha ha!

LOL! I mentioned this to my DH last night and he laughed at the "sight seeing" ha ha!
Glad I was able to give him a chuckle!!!

Ah Yes - Voodoo Donuts - Where the Magic is in the Hole. I have stood in line there for 45+ minute to get a donut fix - and yes it was worth it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter