Miami recommended hotels close to port

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by hawkaye19, Jul 22, 2013.

1. jrabbit

jrabbit DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Hyatt House hotel (edit: same hotel as prior post) near the airport. Midweek they have "reception" with lite snacks and soft drinks, beer and wine. After flying across country, the light snacks made for a nice dinner: soup, vegies, quesadilla, cheese, crackers, fruit.

They picked us up at the airport then took us back the next morning where we caught the DCL bus to the port.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. egesicki

egesicki Mouseketeer

We were there this past march, it was very nice.. Clean, friendly, free breakfast. We had a cruise pkg that included transfers and a bottle of wine. Also as members of their rewards club we got two drink coupons.

4. jrabbit

jrabbit DIS Veteran

For spending a couple of days at the beach before going on your cruise ...

See my post (its #4) on this thread

and price is somewhat subjective (I've just gotten used to paying $150/night - and that's taken me years to get used too): I think we paid about $150 per night for an ocean view room. The dinners were around $20 each for a nice piece of fish or steak at both places.

5. SeattleSuz

SeattleSuz DIS Veteran

And how long does it take to drive to Miami Beach from there? That place looks gorgeous. DH really has his heart on staying on MIA beach...

6. jrabbit

jrabbit DIS Veteran

Google Maps says its 40-45 minutes. So he want to go "sight seeing" does he:blush: Can't say that I blame him:rolleyes1, but I always assume that what I see on tv won't be there when I am.

7. SeattleSuz

SeattleSuz DIS Veteran

:rotfl2: I didnt even think of that!! :rotfl:
    He's one of those "I just want to be where all the action is" type of guys. Plus, we've never been to MIA before and figured if we are flying all the way across the country, we might as well stay IN the action, KWIM?
    :woohoo:

8. jrabbit

jrabbit DIS Veteran

Know what you mean - because I fly out of Portland to get there (ANYWHERE!!) - so when we are "there" we want to BE THERE.

And we are almost neighbors!! 40 years ago I had cousins that lived in Kirkland - back when it was "a long ways" from Seattle.

9. SeattleSuz

SeattleSuz DIS Veteran

Yeah ITA on "being there".
    Long ways from Seattle. ha ha! And come on, Pdx is not THAT bad! You have Powell's and Voodoo! he he

10. Beth D

Beth D DIS Veteran

Anyone have some good family friendly suggestions for after the cruise? We're going to stay 3 days extra after our Feb. cruise. Looking for family friendly, with a pool, and maybe fridge?

Nightclub not necessary1 A co-worker was just there for work, and stayed in one of the hotels near the convention center. His hotel had a nightclub outside, and he was up every night until 3 with the bass beat.

We're doing the La Quinta on LeJeune for pre-cruise night. Free airport shuttle and to the cruise port! It also had good reviews on trip advisor.

11. jrabbit

jrabbit DIS Veteran

See my post (its #4) on this thread

we had a kitchenette in our room. In the afternoons to early evening they had a guy playing guitar and singing out by the pool - he was good!! Our last day there "we all" got him to do a couple of encores!!

12. SeattleSuz

SeattleSuz DIS Veteran

LOL! I mentioned this to my DH last night and he laughed at the "sight seeing" ha ha!

13. jrabbit

jrabbit DIS Veteran

Glad I was able to give him a chuckle!!!

Ah Yes - Voodoo Donuts - Where the Magic is in the Hole. I have stood in line there for 45+ minute to get a donut fix - and yes it was worth it!!