Mexico Hotel Questions?????

giovanni11

Earning My Ears
I have been hearing everyone talk about hotels they used in Mexico while they were docked in Puerta Vallarta, & Cabo San Lucas. Looking for some more detailed info. How did you find out cruisers could use these hotels? Did you have to spend money there? Do you need to call them first? Which is the best hotel pool and beach. Any help would be great. We leave in a couple of weeks and I am trying to finalize everything. Not that I do not love excursions but we have a small child and he would be better off at a pool or beach close to the ship.
Thanks

Mara
:earboy2:

giovanni11 said:
I have been hearing everyone talk about hotels they used in Mexico while they were docked in Puerta Vallarta, & Cabo San Lucas. Looking for some more detailed info. How did you find out cruisers could use these hotels? Did you have to spend money there? Do you need to call them first? Which is the best hotel pool and beach. Any help would be great. We leave in a couple of weeks and I am trying to finalize everything. Not that I do not love excursions but we have a small child and he would be better off at a pool or beach close to the ship.
Thanks

Mara

Mara,
some of the port excursions offered on the cruise are for different hotel beach & pool uses...what cruise are you on? We are on the aug 13th

giovanni11 said:
Thanks

Mara

I foundout from reading this board! I found out about the El Cid in Mazatlan from reading the Mazatlan Frank thread on the general cruise discussion thread. But, I would definitley suggest you tour with him, then have him drop you off and pick you back up. It was a wonderful day, he is very accomodating.

We did the Paradise Beach excusrion on PV which I booked through Disney and it was great, but I also heard about the Krystle Hotel there which would be easier to do on your own. Read on the Cruise line trip reports board a cruise report titled something about "Lucky" and she talks a lot about that resort. I'm sure if you just post a question on the general board about the Krstle resort, someone will answer you with more info.

Cabo - we just took a water taxi to the beach and the kids played ther for a couple of hours

We did the Krystal in PV. Within walking distance from the ship and no charge to use. If you do a search on Krystal on the cruise line board or this board you should get the info I posted earlier on how to get there and pictures.

Thanks for all the info we are on the July 30th Cruise. I know the cruise does tons of excursions. I am not sure it is worth it to spend the money if I am not sure how my son will act. He is only 1 1/2 and is active. I will search the boards any other advise would also be great.

Mara

Debogan said:
I foundout from reading this board! I found out about the El Cid in Mazatlan from reading the Mazatlan Frank thread on the general cruise discussion thread. But, I would definitley suggest you tour with him, then have him drop you off and pick you back up. It was a wonderful day, he is very accomodating.

We did the Paradise Beach excusrion on PV which I booked through Disney and it was great, but I also heard about the Krystle Hotel there which would be easier to do on your own. Read on the Cruise line trip reports board a cruise report titled something about "Lucky" and she talks a lot about that resort. I'm sure if you just post a question on the general board about the Krstle resort, someone will answer you with more info.

Cabo - we just took a water taxi to the beach and the kids played ther for a couple of hours

We actually have a time share in Mazatlan at the El Cid (well, the hotel is El Cid and the time share is El Moro). Both are located on the beach. Very nice place to swim (there is a rock waterfall) and beach (about twenty feet away from the pool).

Hey Mara,

There is a thread about DISers cruising on the July 30th West Coast cruise on the Cruise Meets thread. If you check it out you may be interested in joining us for our DIS meet on Sat. night at Diversions at 10pm. Other info may be helpful as well. Check it out! :flower:

Could someone tell me how far it is from where the tenders arrive in Cabo to the water taxis that go the Melia? I've read walking distance but would appreciate any other information, including details how to get there. Thanks!

giovanni11 said:
Thanks for all the info we are on the July 30th Cruise.

Hi Mara...we're also cruising July 30th! Hop on over to our "cruise meets" thread...there's a bunch of us DISers sailing that week and we're all very friendly (crazy too :crazy: ). Just click on this link to get there and ask away....we've all done lots of research:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=9230272#post9230272

See you there!
Lisa

Edited to add: Oops, I just noticed Joanne already invited you over to the thread! So, now you have two invites! :teeth:

We were on the July 2 west coast and went to the Melia in Cabo.

It was very easy to get to. Once you get off the tender, the water taxis are waiting for you. Just tell them you want to go to the Melia and the ride is less than 10 minutes. The only thing I wasn't prepared for was the roughness of the landing. The taxi's land directly on the beach and the driver needs to time the waves right. It was scary with the little ones (2 and 5). Once your on the beach, the driver can point you in the direction of the Melia. We didn't bring any towels with us, and I regret that. I thought we could slip some $ to get towels, but they were pretty strict about it. We got one. There were plenty of people from the ship at the Melia. Most had brought their own towels.

At the end of the day, the water taxis are very easy to get on the beach.

Hope this helps. We loved Cabo and all the other ports! :flower:
Wish I was going again.

Emily

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter