Method Of Payment for Extra Luggage on Airtran??

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Bill From PA, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Bill From PA

Bill From PA Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That

We're probably going to take at least one more than the allowed baggage on our Airtran flight next trip. I assume when I check-in online the day before I'll declare our number of bags, when and how do I pay for the extra? Cash at the Airtran counter?

Thanks,
    Bill From PA

2. wdwnomad

wdwnomad DIS Veteran

I guess it depends on when you bought your tickets whether it makes a difference when you pay it, online or at the counter. Here are the details from AirTran's website:

Second Checked Bag
    For all reservations booked on or after August 14, 2008, the charge for a second checked bag is $25. For reservations booked before this date, see the table below for applicable fees.

Second Bag Fee, as determined by reservation booking date:
    Booked on August 14, 2008, or later - $25
    Booked April 22 – August 13, 2008 - $10 online, $20 at airport
    Booked on April 21, 2008, or earlier - Free

When I traveled with AirTran in September when checking in online I seem to remember a spot where it asks you how many bags you have. And I think you could have paid for the second bag fee there. Of course, paying for it there you would to use a CC. I am sure you can use cash if at the counter. I did it with US Airways a couple of weeks ago.

When coming back and if you are using RAC you will need a CC. They don't take cash. Otherwise, you will have to take all of your bags with you and checkin at the airport.