Met/Engaged & Married @ WDW-Honeymoon PTR 7/3/12-New 4th of July Plans*5/3*

We are not super planners for our trips ever but since we have finally made our room reservations and we have our ADRs I am using this to take a look at a potential plan. This plan will probably change drastically since we are such go with the flow Disney World people but perhaps it might help someone.

July 2nd
First day of the honeymoon will be spent with our families and wedding guests as we celebrate the wedding with a Farewell Breakfast at Ohana.

I am not sure yet how this day will go since we do not know who all will be there and it will be the one day I have to go to the magic kingdom and hollywood studios with my family.

This may be a good day to go to Hollywood studios and see Fantasmic with the family.

I have a potential Dinner planned for Ohana at 9:15pm this day so we can wind down from our family day walk along the beach at the poly and begin our honeymoon right.

We are moving to Saratoga Springs Resort on this day

July 3rd
*We will probably take it easy and just enjoy the resort.
*Head to MK for our lunch ADR at Tony's Town Square
From here we will probably walk around MK maybe ride some rides but we will have to get to Epcot for dinner
*Dinner ADR at Garden Grill
*I am thinking this may be an Illuminations night
*After illuminations we will need to keep in mind that MK is open until 1am and we do love our late night EMH

July 4th INDEPENDENCE DAY
We are planning on being in MK all day this day because we want to have seats for the crazy 4th of July fireworks
*we will get there for rope drop which will be the first time I have ever been at MK for rope drop
*breakfast is at the crystal palace
*we will probably try and hit all our number one rides and get fast passes in the morning
*lunch will be quick service
*dinner is at liberty tree tavern slightly early
*Fireworks in the Sky will be at 9pm

July 5th
we will be checking out of Saratoga Springs Resort this day and checking in at the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
*we will have to pack the night before and leave early to get to our breakfast at Chef mickey's
*This day is up in the air
*Dinner in Epcot at La Cellier

July 6th
This day we will be going on the Keys to the Kingdom Tour at Magic Kingdom
*after the tour we will probably want to go rest
*dinner will be at Blue Zoo

July 7th
This day I think would be a great day to spend out of the park since both of our meals are in the contemporary
*I vote boat day/horseback riding or pool day
*breakfast at the wave
*dinner at the california grill

July 8th
Not sure what we will do on this day
*Breakfast will be at the polynesian which is close by so we can go there and then go back to the room or pool
*This should be a non park day also since we will be getting all fancied up for dinner
*chefs table at victoria and alberts this night
*Perhaps this will be a go to EMH at MK night

July 9th
Full day at epcot
This will be my character day at epcot as both of our meals are at epcot
*Lunch at the coral reef
*dinner at la hacienda de san angel

July 10th
We will be checking out this day to check in to animal kingdom villas-kidani village
We will have to do this early for breakfast and this will be an Animal Kingdom day
*breakfast at the Tusker House
*lunch at via napoli (I will probably cancel this so that we can spend the day at the AK

July 11th
This will be a great day to rope drop hollywood studios since we will be dining with an imagineer for brunch
*get TSM fast passes
*get rock n roller coaster fast passes
*brunch with an imagineer at the brown derby
*ride star tours
maybe take a break back to the hotel then come back for
*fantasmic
Or once we are done maybe go to blizzard beach or typhoon lagoon

July 12th
Checking out to move to bay lake tower
*Bridal Portrait photo session with Randy Chapman @ 9:30 to 12:30pm
*Get hair and makeup done and get back in the dress
with bags being transported by Disney I will need a change of clothes so once we are done I can get out of my dress...hopefully we will be able to get a room early so I can change
*go to a water park maybe
*dinner at artist point

July 13th
nothing at all is planned on this day I think I am reserving this day to go to Universal Studios Islands of adventure specifically for Harry potter

July 14th
*breakfast at 1900 park fare
no other plans this day maybe some mini golf or downtown disney shopping
*Dinner at Crystal Palace

July 15th
No plans for this day either except lunch
*lunch at le chefs de france
perhaps go see la nouba this day or go to the hoop de do revue

July 16th
checking out but not leaving disney until around noon
either sleep in or do some last minute shopping

I know this is a lot to digest in fact it is for me too. This is why I am not trying to really plan it. I am sure we will do what we usually do and watch our iPhone apps to see what the parks look like and then make decisions from there.

In other news we got the Keys to the kingdom tour booked which i am so very excited about I think it will be a blast!

Has anyone ever been on this tour can you take pictures? can you have your phone I thought I heard her say you can not have your phone?? Also where would we meet for the tour this will be the first time I have ever been on a tour so I do not know much. Any help would be appreciated

May the force be with you,
Teresa

So I have decided that on my honeymoon I am going to go on Snack & Counter Service expedition!

What is this you may ask. Well here is my definition.

Snack & Counter Service Expedition in the Parks:
A quest to visit the snack counters and counter service that I have never been to and to take pictures of the food and short reviews.

Why do I want to do this?
I very rarely eat snacks in the park or eat counter service we are very much table service people. I bought Birnbaum's guide to Disney World dining and after reading about a lot of the snack and counter service places I realized wow I have not been to these places and I even found myself wondering where they were. I used our beloved wdwinfo for pictures and I realized I kept going "OH that place". So now to broaden my horizons I want to experience them and then share these experiences with y'all.

My list of places I want to make sure and go to at some point:
Next to the place will be the items I am excited about trying
Magic Kingdom:
Aloha Isle- Known for their pineapple treats specifically the Dole Whip
Sunshine Tree Terrace- citrus swirls
Enchanted Grove- muffins
The Friar's Nook- freshly made potato chips with cheese based toppings & apple caramel dippers
Pinnocchio Village Haus: Mostly to see decor
Storybook Treats: Milkshakes and Floats
Pecos Bill Cafe: The fixings bar
Sleepy Hollow: I visit hear frequently for funnel cakes but they also have mickey waffles and I want one
Plaza Ice Cream Parlor: I have never been here and feel like I should try some ice cream
Tomorrowland Terrace: I always see it but it never seems open so I would like to try and visit once even though what I want to do the most is the dessert party here

Epcot:
Sunshine Seasons (the land): I want to try the Wok Shop
La Cantina De San Angel: Guacamole and Tortilla Chips & Churros

Hollywood Studios:
Min and Bill's Dockside Diner: Hot dogs in pretzel rolls
Pizza Planet: just because it is pizza planet!

Animal Kingdom:
Dino Bite Snacks: ice cream
Royal Anandapaur Tea Co: Fruit smoothies

I am looking forward to trying these places and reporting on them for you guys.

May the force be with you,
Teresa

That just sounds so cool. But such a good idea! A lot of those places I haven't gotten to try either and I may just have to do the same the next time we go!

So far we do not have much more to update but I am trying to figure out if I want to decorate our room /door or whatever.

I think it would be cool to put something in our window but I am not exactly sure what to put up?

I also think it would be cool to have a custom door hanger that says we are celebrating our honeymoon or something.

What do you guys think. I know there are not a lot of people that read this but I do need some help figuring out what I need to design.

So my official questions:

Should I decorate our windows with something saying we are on our honeymoon?

Should I have a sign for our door?

Should I have a custom door hangar?

Any help or ideas would be wonderful.

Teresa

So far we do not have much more to update but I am trying to figure out if I want to decorate our room /door or whatever.

I think it would be cool to put something in our window but I am not exactly sure what to put up?

I also think it would be cool to have a custom door hanger that says we are celebrating our honeymoon or something.

What do you guys think. I know there are not a lot of people that read this but I do need some help figuring out what I need to design.

Teresa

We decorated our window with a window cling and I also made door hangers that said we're here to say "I do" on one side and on the other it said "Just Married in DW"

Teresa

I think you should decorate, its fun! I decorated our window, but sadly I didn't take any good pics of it. The last pic on our VR day shows a little bit of it. I used the mickey head file I have and put letters into it to spell our "Happily ever after" and then strung it up with ribbon in our colors. It was pretty easy. Then I printed out a ton of the mickey heads and let me kids decorate them and we hung those up. I also got a pretty design from Marion on the DISign forum that I put up.

Teresa

I've been MIA from the Dis for awhile, I love the idea of you decorating, like the door hanger idea especially. Afraid I don't have any ideas though.

And saw your question about the Keys to the Kingdom Tour and photos. We had our phones and I had my DSLR on ours. We were just told when we could not take photos, behind the scenes stuff. I've even been backstage in Haunted Mansion and they just asked that I put the camera in my backpack.

We decorated our window with a window cling and I also made door hangers that said we're here to say "I do" on one side and on the other it said "Just Married in DW"

Love this idea.

Omg I am so following this PTR!! You guys are adorable and I love your story!! :cutie: I am definitely having my honeymoon in WDW! :goodvibes I can't wait to hear about your experience. I think your plans sound great! The Snack and Counter Service Expedition sounds like such a blast!! What a good idea! :thumbsup2 and I totally think you should decorate your room!

You should decorate! I like the idea of door hangers--That way everyone will see when they walk by! Window decor will most likely be for your own viewing pleasure, right? I'm not sure how the window layouts are for DVCs. You could print out the bride and groom Vinylmations. So exciting!

Door hangers are great!! I think they're a great idea!! I made them for us on our engagement trip!!

Teresa
Aren't you guys staying in a different hotel almost every night? I think it would be hard to decorate at every place. everafterprintables and somethingprintable on etsy.com both have some really neat customizable door hangers I think you should use, that way it's easier

I've been MIA from the Dis for awhile, I love the idea of you decorating, like the door hanger idea especially. Afraid I don't have any ideas though.

And saw your question about the Keys to the Kingdom Tour and photos. We had our phones and I had my DSLR on ours. We were just told when we could not take photos, behind the scenes stuff. I've even been backstage in Haunted Mansion and they just asked that I put the camera in my backpack.

Love this idea.

Awesome ok so I am glad they will just let me know when I can and can not take pictures that is helpful.

Omg I am so following this PTR!! You guys are adorable and I love your story!! :cutie: I am definitely having my honeymoon in WDW! :goodvibes I can't wait to hear about your experience. I think your plans sound great! The Snack and Counter Service Expedition sounds like such a blast!! What a good idea! :thumbsup2 and I totally think you should decorate your room!

Thanks for following along! I just realized I always skip the snacks and counter service. I am one of those people that has never even had a mickey ice cream bar. I am very excited to try out some of this stuff and there are apparently mickey head pretzels in the magic kingdom I definitely have to find those.

You should decorate! I like the idea of door hangers--That way everyone will see when they walk by! Window decor will most likely be for your own viewing pleasure, right? I'm not sure how the window layouts are for DVCs. You could print out the bride and groom Vinylmations. So exciting!

Danielle! I love this idea I am definitely printing out the vinyls to put on the windows and jessica from the boards is making me window clings but I am also going to buy some of those reusable clings of characters to decorate with too. The door hangers will get done as well as Wendy is making them for the welcome folders so HOORAY! I so can not wait to get to disney! Danielle if you have any more ideas for cool stuff to do let me know and we need to meet up someday.

Door hangers are great!! I think they're a great idea!! I made them for us on our engagement trip!!

Good I am glad they worked! I hope no one will steal them.

Aren't you guys staying in a different hotel almost every night? I think it would be hard to decorate at every place. everafterprintables and somethingprintable on etsy.com both have some really neat customizable door hangers I think you should use, that way it's easier

We are not staying a different resort every night :rotfl2: but I can see how you would say that. We have 2 resorts we will be in for 5 nights each two that we will be in for 4 nights each and then one we will be in for 2 nights. I don't mind setting up the window but maybe that is because I get to do this honeymoon once and I want to go all out! :woohoo: thanks for the etsy tip I have gone off to check it out and wendy from ever after printables and I have already been working together so good call!

Teresa

I love that you are doing so many resorts! WL is my favourite and I can't wait to hear about the Contemporary. I might not plan anything for after the V&A dinner. It's our absolute favourite place to eat but they do serve a LOT of alcohol and even knowing that and splitting a single serving of the drinks, I was still quite tipsy at the end. I was so full I could barely move but that port was to die for. Congratulations and have a wonderful time!

I love that you are doing so many resorts! WL is my favourite and I can't wait to hear about the Contemporary. I might not plan anything for after the V&A dinner. It's our absolute favourite place to eat but they do serve a LOT of alcohol and even knowing that and splitting a single serving of the drinks, I was still quite tipsy at the end. I was so full I could barely move but that port was to die for. Congratulations and have a wonderful time!

I am not sure if I said I had planned anything for after V&A but I am not really planning on anything. But if we do something we will be ok because we do not drink alcohol so we will miss out on that part of the meal. I really can't wait for the meal though this event is for the future husband because he is such a foodie. Thank you for the congratulations.

*******NEW 4th Of July Plans********

So after reaching out to the park tips and strategies board about the 4th of july I have adjusted our plans.

The key things to make these changes that I found out are the following:
*MK does the special 4th fireworks the night of the 3rd and the night of the 4th- This opens up flexibility
*Epcot does a special finale only on the 4th with illuminations
*Epcot has special 4th of july characters, Betsy Ross, Thomas Jefferson, Patriotic Mickey Donald and Goofy!
*HS has a special band doing rock covers of americana songs and a fireworks display

So I decided to change our plans for the 3rd and the 4th to the following:

July 3rd:
*Bridal Portraits 10am-1pm
*Tony's Town Square ADR 2:35pm
*Spend the rest of the day in MK or go back to the resort for a bit
*Dinner ADR Liberty Tree Tavern 6:30pm
*Watch special 4th fireworks
*Stay for EMH until 1am

July 4th:
*Rope drop MK because I have never done it
*Breakfast ADR Crystal Palace 9:20am
*Ride some rides
*leave and relax at pool or something
*head to epcot for special characters
*Garden Grill ADR for 7:00pm
*Illuminations with special 4th finale

I am excited about these new plans!

Also in other news as people were suggesting plans for the 3rd-4th I remembered that ressies opened for Tomorrowland Terrace! So I had to go try and get us a seat on our honeymoon. I chose our last day of our honeymoon because I thought it would be a good way to end it all.

So now we have Mama Melrose (our restaurant) for lunch on our last day we will spend the day at Hollywood Studios and then we will go to the MK for our dessert party and fireworks and finish our trip at the MK.

Now if the days would just go faster so I can get to Disney and get married and start my new life with my husband in the most magical place on earth!

Teresa

Sounds like a good plan for the 3rd and 4th. What an amazing time!

For the Dessert Party, I recommend getting there early, so you can eat your goodies and then find your spot along the railing to watch the fireworks. We really enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter