Met BunnyMKC because of my Mickey tie-dye shirts! Pic added!!

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by ElizK, Oct 6, 2005.

1. ElizK

ElizK <font color="9E2387">I'm a whosoever!<br><font col

Hi, BunnyMKC!!! :wave2:

My family and I were sitting and eating our Mickey Bars Tuesday in Frontier Land, and a lady walked up to me, pointed at our shirts, and said "Disboards?" :rotfl:

That was pretty cool!

Anyone else ever met someone because of their homemade shirts?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyArk

DisneyArk DIS Veteran

Very cool. I've been wondering about that!! On our next trip I'm definitely going to be looking for anyone wearing homemade shirts. But I don't know if I'll be brave enough to approach them or not. :blush:

Thanks for sharing! :disrocks:

4. bunnymkc

bunnymkc <font color=FF99FF>Believes in the Tooth Fairy, th

Hi again, it was so good to see a fellow DISER!! Our family got LOTS AND LOTS of comments on our shirts we wore to MNSSHP, they wanted to know where to buy them!! I expect lots of new Disers to be here..saw lots of tye dye shirts all around Disney and went up and asked if they were from the Dis board and they said YES..Thanks to all here who designed the shirts we wore (I wore a Dis shirt every day that we were there!). wish I could post pix but I can't do it, can't figure it out. the party was great and the whole trip while short for us was WONDERFUL!! Thanks again to all..Marianne :wave2: :goodvibes :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :maleficen :dancer: :disrocks:

5. chichihoney

chichihoney <font color=990099>A very sweet and special 2nd ge

At MGM on Monday Oct 3rd, House_of_Princesses, Hannosmom & Dad, chichihoney and I met a DIS Family wearing Tie Die Shirts in front of the Ariel Theatre around 6 pm.....
    Who Are You???? Your shirts looked GREAT!

6. goofymom/pop

goofymom/pop <font color=deeppink>oh where oh where can the tag

I never met anyone wearing a homemade shirt, but I did meet Daber from the Collectors board at the World of Disney store. He was trading with someone and I noticed a Dis pin or something on his shirt (cannot remember exactly what it was), I said who are you on the Dis "he replied Daber...who are you?" ....here we had been chatting for weeks about pin trading here on the Dis and then we meet accidently at WDW. How cool was that!

7. we3disneygo

we3disneygo DIS Veteran

:rolleyes: it's a small world..... :cool1:

8. Nank

Nank DIS Veteran

We didn't get ANY comments on our tie dye shirts!

I was disappointed!

9. disneyeveryyear

disneyeveryyear DIS Veteran

Nank,

I am sure your looked great. Post some pictues so we can all see them!

10. ElizK

ElizK <font color="9E2387">I'm a whosoever!<br><font col

Here's us in our shirts (disclaimer: my hair doesn't usually look that wretched. We kept getting rained on!):
    [​IMG]

11. TheRatPack

TheRatPack Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed ex

Hello, we're back !!! LOL It was me :) TheRatPack. Thanks for the compliments, we met quite a few people from the DIS boards, but you guys were the only ones to divulge your names to us :) I wrote down House Of Princesses in my Passporter to remember to say hello when we got back. I saw your post first though....so hello again!!! :)

12. disneyeveryyear

disneyeveryyear DIS Veteran

Keep the pictures coming.

I hope to see DISers in Nov. whe we are there.

13. kaddjr

kaddjr <font color=peach>Now I'm going to have to stalk t

We had lots of compliments on our shirts too! I saw a man @ Chef Mickey's with one of the lime green paint chips around his neck and asked him if he was a DIS person. He said his wife was. There was a couple seated next to us that asked me where I bought my shirt- told him I got the idea from here and how easy it was. Went to DTD later that day (around lunch time) and a couple approached me, asking if I was from DIS! I can't remember her user name, but they were from the Boston area or Jersey or NY? Her DH and my DH were talking about the baseball playoffs. They were really super nice people. :) Lots of "nice shirts" compliments from the CMs. While waiting in line to see Captain Hook, a lady asked us if we made our shirts and I explained the process to her and gave her the web addy for DIS. She was calling us the "Tie Dye Family"!