Merchandise

whitfamily

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know where you can buy DVC Member merchandise? We were very disappointed at what was available during our BWV/AKV stay last weekend. Any advice?

I agree with the lack of stuff at AKV. Was there last week and very disappointed with the selection. I found OKW to have the most to offer but generally speaking, DVC does a horrible job making/having DVC merchandise available for its members.

What sort of products are you looking for? I'm sure if they thought there was a market for it they wouldn't mind contracting a company to make items they could sell.

The best product of all is the tote they gave us with initial membership. It enticed two total strangers to look into DVC after talking about it with me on the train platform. One bought in. I now have 2 coworkers also looking into it - even though they knew we 'do disney' quite a bit, they had no idea what DVC was until they spotted the logo on my bag (which I use for my computer) -- I tend to forget not everyone knows what it is.

I agree with the lack of stuff at AKV. Was there last week and very disappointed with the selection. I found OKW to have the most to offer but generally speaking, DVC does a horrible job making/having DVC merchandise available for its members.

I agree. OKW has the best selection of DVC merch.

What sort of products are you looking for? I'm sure if they thought there was a market for it they wouldn't mind contracting a company to make items they could sell.

The best product of all is the tote they gave us with initial membership. It enticed two total strangers to look into DVC after talking about it with me on the train platform. One bought in. I now have 2 coworkers also looking into it - even though they knew we 'do disney' quite a bit, they had no idea what DVC was until they spotted the logo on my bag (which I use for my computer) -- I tend to forget not everyone knows what it is.

Persoanlly we were looking for a shirts (polo and T) and perhaps a car decal. They had only one option of each and neither was all that great. Just seems that at a DVC resort you'd have a few more options of DVC stuff.

We stayed at Jambo house in April and got a decal, t shirt and cute key ring. Widh there had been more stuff but that is fine for now.
Lexi

Try www.dvcnews.com. They have alot of the merchandise sold in the gift shops.

Specifically, check this page.

You'll find photos and info on many items that have been spotted in resort gift shops over the last couple of years. To order you contact Disney directly (instructions included) and availability is subject to change.

If you're looking for something that has both DVC and a resort name, that appears to be a pretty rare combo these days. They do make some fairly vanilla Disney Vacation Club merchandise, but most of the unique items are tied to the resort itself.

I agree with the lack of good merchandise. I would like to see more gender specific clothes with both the resort name and DVC on it.

I too would like some more stylish, resort and gender specific DVC clothing. I am an owner at the WLV and I end up buying the WL resort wear as it is much nicer than any of the styles from DVC. Hopefully someone who designs the DVC line of mechandise will get wind of our dislikes and take some initiative to change the direction toward more resort specific wear.

I always thought they should add a section to the member website for this stuff. That way, if we saw something while there on vacation, but forgot to grab it before we left, we could order it from home. Or, if we knew of something we wanted before our trip, we could order it and have it. Or, if we just plain wanted to give Disney more of our money, we could choose something for them to send us, then give them our card number and they can take it all. :rotfl: See - a DVC store on mydvc.com is the best option for everybody . . . as long as we can logon. :lmao:

I guess they already have too much of our money and don't want any more.:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter