Memory Maker

I purchased Memory Maker for a trip last year. It was just me and another adult and we had over 300 pictures (we were there for 5 days).

We didn't have any issues with blurry photos or anything, they all came out great, even the action shots at character meet-and-greets and waterslide photos.

The only small issues we had were that a couple magic shots didn't have any magic (ha) and we received another families photos with Belle from Akershus, none of our photos were missing though.

I personally fully recommend it and purchased it again this year for a trip in September. :)

I'm a professional photographer and had all the same reservations. We finally decided to split the MM with 3 other families we were traveling with. Out of over 900 pictures, we had very few that were disappointing. Honestly, most of my complaints were that the adults looked awkward, and there's no fixing that :laughing::laughing:. I enjoyed it because I didn't feel like I had to lug around my giant expensive camera, though most days I still did. It was super convenient to just walk up, have the pictures taken and scan the band. Plus we got a ton of magic shots and ride videos etc. IMO, it's totally worth it. No, they're not professionally trained photographers, but they are everywhere and it's convenient and the pictures are decent, we even got a bunch that were fantastic. I would assume that if the pictures turn out poorly, they will reimburse you somehow. We had pictures missing and didn't realize it until long after our pictures "expired". I called and 5 minutes later they restored all the photos and I was able to download the missing photos.

Whatever you decide, enjoy your trip!!!

Can someone please help me understand MM?

Are the following correct?

Any pictures taken with MM including rides, and restaurants only guarantee downloadable pictures and not the actual photo?

If you want any of the actual photos, you would have to pay extra at the park or print them at home on your computer or pharmacy with photo copying?

Do you only get the pictures downloaded to your computer or do you also get some sort of disc with pictures?

Are you essentially only paying for a professional in the park to take the pictures and if that is the case than how is it different from photo pass?

Can someone please help me understand MM?

Are the following correct?

1. Any pictures taken with MM including rides, and restaurants only guarantee downloadable pictures and not the actual photo?

2. If you want any of the actual photos, you would have to pay extra at the park or print them at home on your computer or pharmacy with photo copying?

3. Do you only get the pictures downloaded to your computer or do you also get some sort of disc with pictures?

4. Are you essentially only paying for a professional in the park to take the pictures and if that is the case than how is it different from photo pass?

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Download only, no disc.

4. Getting your picture taken is free, you're paying to get the pictures. PhotoPass is the photo-taking service, Memory Maker is a product you can buy.

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Download only, no disc.

4. Getting your picture taken is free, you're paying to get the pictures. PhotoPass is the photo-taking service, Memory Maker is a product you can buy.

Thank you for clearing up some of my questions.

I am still misunderstanding the difference between photo pass and MM. Sorry.

I know photo pass allows you to get the pictures you take with the photographers in the park on line. From there you can choose to purchase the photos or make a photo book, mug, etc. on line.

So how is MM any different? What am I buying with MM, if I do not get a CD of the pictures. Either way I have to pay for actual photos. What am I getting for my money with MM other than paying for a service that I can already get at no cost? I must be missing something.

I am just trying to see if it makes any sense to purchase MM.

Thank you for clearing up some of my questions.

I am still misunderstanding the difference between photo pass and MM. Sorry.

I know photo pass allows you to get the pictures you take with the photographers in the park on line. From there you can choose to purchase the photos or make a photo book, mug, etc. on line.

So how is MM any different? What am I buying with MM, if I do not get a CD of the pictures. Either way I have to pay for actual photos. What am I getting for my money with MM other than paying for a service that I can already get at no cost? I must be missing something.

I am just trying to see if it makes any sense to purchase MM.

PhotoPass is not something you buy; it's the photo-taking service. It's totally free to have your picture taken. If you purchase Memory Maker, you're paying for downloads of every picture you get taken, plus you can do things like add borders to your picture, which increases the number of pictures you end up with. If you want to buy individual pictures, you can do that, but at $15 a picture, it can add up fast. With Memory Maker, you will already be saving money at 12 pictures, and especially once you start adding borders, you can easily end up with hundreds of pictures. Raimiette said that she ended up with over 300 pictures and OZMom said that she ended up with over 900 (although hers was split up over 4 families), which means they each spent well under $1 a picture.

party::grouphug:
PhotoPass is not something you buy; it's the photo-taking service. It's totally free to have your picture taken. If you purchase Memory Maker, you're paying for downloads of every picture you get taken, plus you can do things like add borders to your picture, which increases the number of pictures you end up with. If you want to buy individual pictures, you can do that, but at $15 a picture, it can add up fast. With Memory Maker, you will already be saving money at 12 pictures, and especially once you start adding borders, you can easily end up with hundreds of pictures. Raimiette said that she ended up with over 300 pictures and OZMom said that she ended up with over 900 (although hers was split up over 4 families), which means they each spent well under $1 a picture.

Okay I finally get the difference between the two. With MM you are able to download the digital photos to your own computer. Therefore, when you choose to make copies the cost to do so at home or your local Walmart etc. is far lower than if you make copies through the photo pass online service.

Sorry so slow to understand. :confused: Thank you for explaining.

Adding a few questions, sorry for hijacking the thread.

1. Can you purchase just one or two photos?
2. Are these viewable online, or is there a photo center you go to?
3. I've seen mention of the calendar. That seems more like what I would be interested in, where can I get more info?
4. Can you get a magic shot (like with Tinkerbell) only if you purchase Memory Maker?

Thanks!

Adding a few questions, sorry for hijacking the thread.

1. Can you purchase just one or two photos?
2. Are these viewable online, or is there a photo center you go to?
3. I've seen mention of the calendar. That seems more like what I would be interested in, where can I get more info?
4. Can you get a magic shot (like with Tinkerbell) only if you purchase Memory Maker?

Thanks!

1. Yes.

2. Yes to online, I don't know if you can view them at the parks.

3. I can't link to it directly, but here's a link to the PhotoPass products page:

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/photoproducts.aspx

4. No, anyone can get one.

Thanks for the link!

So, I just need to get a Photo Pass card and present it when in the parks?
Can this be linked to a Magic Band?

Thanks for the link!

So, I just need to get a Photo Pass card and present it when in the parks?
Can this be linked to a Magic Band?

As far as I know, you would only need to get a PhotoPass card if you don't have a Magic Band. The PhotoPass photographers scan your Magic Band, which then adds the pictures to your PhotoPass account.

We are considering purchasing Memory Maker for our upcoming trip. I'm hoping someone here can clarify something for me. Are ALL rides that have photos included in MM? Same question with dining ... I remember going to Tusker House, and standing in line for a picture with Donald, and being very irritated that they would not add this to our Photo Pass card, and we had to pay extra if we wanted to buy the pictures. (This was years ago, before MM existed). Would this now be included in the purchase of MM? Hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance!

We are considering purchasing Memory Maker for our upcoming trip. I'm hoping someone here can clarify something for me.

1. Are ALL rides that have photos included in MM?

2. Same question with dining ... I remember going to Tusker House, and standing in line for a picture with Donald, and being very irritated that they would not add this to our Photo Pass card, and we had to pay extra if we wanted to buy the pictures. (This was years ago, before MM existed). Would this now be included in the purchase of MM? Hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance!

1. Yes

2. Dining pictures are included with MM. Without MM (or the PhotoPass + CD, which it replaced), dining photos have to purchased separately.

Question: If we don't buy MM, will we still have access to all the Photopass photos and videos taken? I'm thinking specifically ride photos? And these can be purchased separately?

Or will I only have access to ride photos if I purchase MM?

My understanding is that you need the Magic Bands to get the ride videos, but I'm not sure if you need to buy MM to get them. You can definitely get all PhotoPass pictures without buying Memory Maker - it's just that it will cost you $15 a picture. You can wait until you get home to purchase the regular photos, but you would need to purchase the ride photos right when you get off the ride.

Ah yes, that is helpful, thanks! I seem to remember from our last trip (where we didn't purchase PP/MM) that I had all the character interaction photos in our account but not the ride photos.

So with the purchase of the MM, the ride photos do get put into your MM account automatically? I really like this idea, not sure if it's worth the $ for us though.

We bought it last trip and loved it. All our photos were fantastic quality photos. We had 3 families to split it with but would gave purchased for just us and will purchases again.

Thanks!! Is there an area of the site where people discuss MM shares? I poked around but couldn't find it (it's probably right in front of me).

I found it worth it as you get all the ride photos (and now videos) and my boyf had recently purchased a very nice canon DSLR also... we used his camera lots but it was so convenient to hop in for the photopass photos as a group

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter