Memory foam pillow issue - too hard!

rszdtrvl

DIS Veteran
I purchased DH a memory foam pillow last week. Had him test it before I uncovered the plastic and tossed the box. He said it was great.

He attempted to use it that night, and said it was too hard. Like sleeping on a brick.

Is there any way to relax a hard memory foam pillow? Any hints you have?

We always use the same type, but I couldn't find them this time, so I had to get a new brand. At $20, I really don't want to toss it, and since it is out of the plastic, I can't return it either (it has been used).

Where did you buy it? Most stores will take it back even if you have used it. Can you perhaps save it for a guest room? I don't know how to relax a memory foam pillow but those were a couple of thoughts I had. :) I keep thinking of getting the girls memory foam pillows but haven't done it just yet. LOL

I purchased DH a memory foam pillow last week. Had him test it before I uncovered the plastic and tossed the box. He said it was great.

He attempted to use it that night, and said it was too hard. Like sleeping on a brick.

Is there any way to relax a hard memory foam pillow? Any hints you have?

We always use the same type, but I couldn't find them this time, so I had to get a new brand. At $20, I really don't want to toss it, and since it is out of the plastic, I can't return it either (it has been used).
Where did you buy it? I know that Bed Bath & Beyond will take anything back, regardless of your reason. Just let them know that the pillow has been used so that they don't put it back out on the sales floor.

If you've already tossed the packing materials, then you're probably stuck with the pillow. Give it to the kids or put it in the guest bedroom as suggested by the PP. You can also try it out yourself to see if you like it.

AFAIK, there is no way to "relax" a memory foam pillow. They're made so that they don't relax.

I got 2 free memory foam pillows with my memory foam mattress.

I love the mattress but I hate the pillows. They are super hard.

I use them behind my other pillow when I want to sit up and read in bed or watch tv.

We got them at Ross. I don't even have the receipt anymore - I tossed everything out after DH said the pillow would work.

I think you're stuck with it, as is. I bought one for DH too. He didn't like it either. They accept your impression more as they heat up from your body temperature, but I doubt it will ever be soft.

It's now on my daughter's bed in her pillow sham.

My other idea was to use it to smack intruders over the head if they came in the house.

My other idea was to use it to smack intruders over the head if they came in the house.

That *is* a good idea, LOL.

Right now I am using it to prop myself up at night when he is trying to go to sleep and I am reading on my Kindle.

That *is* a good idea, LOL.

Right now I am using it to prop myself up at night when he is trying to go to sleep and I am reading on my Kindle.

That's the ideal use for memory foam pillows *supposedly they get harder over time. I use mine when I'm talking *on the phone* to DBF in the evening in bed.

Try putting them in between your mattress for a few days to see if that helps soften it.

My pillow is harder when my room is cold and it softens up at about 70 degrees.

Memory foam pillows definitely soften with time and heat. My complaint it that mine is actually to soft, and has indented too much where my head usually lays. Try it again. Body heat should soften it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter