Memory Cards: Your experience.

handicap18

<font color=blue>Husband, father of 3, and Disney
I'm looking to get another, if not a few more memory cards for my camera. 1GB size. I'm looking for specific experiences, not what you've read.

I'm looking at the SanDisk. They have the 1GB SD card and the Ultra II 1GB SD card. Granted right now there is only $10 difference between them, but when your on a budget you have to look at everything.

What is that $10 more going to get me? How much faster is it really going to be for pictures? Is it going to save me a few seconds here or there? I don't know. On my other cards I only used the regular. I haven't used any of the Ultra cards.

When I got my D50 and was playing around with it I set it on continuous and took like 30 or 40 pics in a row and didn't fill the buffer. That was with just the regular SanDisk SD card.

Has anyone compared the 2 type's (even if it wasn't SD, maybe Compact Flash) to find out how much of a difference it really does make? Is the $10 going to make a huge difference in performance or barely noticable?

What is your hands on experience?
Thanks

While some do not agree, I have always felt that if you NEVER fill the buffer a faster card has no real advatange over slower cards during actual shooting.

Now during downloading to your PC or heavy browsing while still in camera some may notice the difference, but @ 1gb even with the slowest SD card it should be that big a difference, with 4gb the diff would be 400% greater.

But for $10 I would buy the faster card.

I have never had a problem with any card I have ever purchased, regardless the type, brand, capacity, speed, whatever. All worked great. My most recent purchases have been the high speed, but only for the video function of my new 2S, which does 30FPS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter