• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Member Update 12/27

MikeJ

Retrait is finally here...
We just got back from a 2-week stay at WDW, including 5 nights in a 2BR at BWV from Dec 23-28. I took the opportunity to go to the Member Update held on the morning on the 27th just to see what they're about. (On our first DVC trip last year, I was talking on the big white phone the day of the Member Update and hence missed it.) The DVC guide giving the presentation was Umberto, and there were about 30 members in attendance.

Two noteworthy items:

1) The new sellout date for WL is now 02/02/02. (Cute, although one of my grandfathers did have a birthdate of 04/04/04. :D ) They would have sold out by now if not for 9/11. He didn't come out and say so, but I suspect sales basically dropped to nil immediately after the attacks.

2) There is no official start date for the BCV sales or presales. When I asked him, he wouldn't give me an unofficial date, either.

The rest of the meeting was a powerpoint presentation outlining how one can use their points. As if we didn't already know. :p

- Mike

Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to post the information. It sounds like VWL was on track to sell out by end of 2001 before 9/11. Still, it sure sold out fast.

On the other hand, VB and HH have been on the verge of sell-out for quite a while now. ;)

The next few weeks should bring some news about BCV. We'll all be watching closely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter