Member Cruise 2012

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by Chellymouse, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Chellymouse

Chellymouse DIS Veteran

Has anyone heard anything about Member Cruise 2012? No one seems to know when it will be or when it will be going on sale.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

Historically the dates are announced on the Member Cruise and someone comes here to give the dates. We'll know before it's put on the Member Page, I'm sure.:thumbsup2

4. DizDays

DizDays DVC & D23 Member

It should be announced on the 9/18 Member Cruise. A rumor was floating around the board these past few weeks that it might be in October for 2012 because DCL moved some deposited DCL guests off their cruise date for a charter. We'll know in a few weeks.

5. Chellymouse

Chellymouse DIS Veteran

Thank you!

6. kendzee94

kendzee94 DIS Veteran

I want to know also!!!! We are looking at doing it if it doesn't interfere too much with the school calendar!

7. DisneyBride'03

DisneyBride'03 <marquee><font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang</mar

October would be great! I have never done one before...have read mixed reviews over the years...but the swag!!!!!!

8. mom_rules

mom_rules <font color=FF66FF>LOVES the Yachtsmen!<br><font c

Tell me about the SWAG!!!

9. DisneyBride'03

DisneyBride'03 <marquee><font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang</mar

I wish I could give details...have only read and seen photos from past DVC Cruisers!!!! But unique to the cruise ..DVC items...sadly some end up on ebay:( I wouldnt part with anything Disney or DVC related, but thats just me!

10. mom_rules

Very cool! Does anyone have a link to past cruises?

11. Norm1

Norm1 Mouseketeer

DW and I went on the member cruise last year but skipped this years which we now regret. I'll be up early on booking day for the 2012 cruise. We had such a good time. It was our first cruise.

12. Mousewerks

Mousewerks Mouseketeer

Disney Files showed up at our house yesterday and my fuzzy recollection of the blurb in there said it would be in October. I'll have to look at it again tonight and verify that though.

13. Mousewerks

Mousewerks Mouseketeer

Checked Disney Files and they claim it's sailing Oct 21, 2012 on the Disney Dream. "Booking information is scheduled to debut online at www.dvcmember.com this fall..."

14. DizDays

DizDays DVC & D23 Member

That should be better from a weather and hurricane perspective. We've been watching hurricane after hurricane and storm after storm as we anticipate this year's Member's Cruise. Keeping an eye on Maria now, but I think she'll squeak by right before we have to depart. It should be interesting to see what Irene did to CC. Hopefully Maria doesn't do her own "decorating" as well.

15. huey578

huey578 Test Track Dummy

I am currently booked on the Oct 21, 2012 using my points. I was allowed to stay on this cruise when I called MS a few weeks ago since DCL started notifying non DVC members about the above sail date being charted. I was told I would be receiving a phone call in a few weeks giving me all the details. At time of call,MS would not confirm it being a member cruise but they gave hints that it was going to be.

16. DizDays

DizDays DVC & D23 Member

huey578 - Congratulations on getting on one of the most coveted cruises without having to sit on hold for 8 hours. You totally scored!!:cheer2:

17. huey578

huey578 Test Track Dummy

18. mom_rules

If you intend to pay cash for the members cruise can you use a TA or do you need to book on your own?

19. Poppins2000

Poppins2000 Life is out there waiting so go and get it!

You'll need to book the cruise through DVC. If you pay cash, know that you'll have to pay the entire amount upfront. Also, you can always use points for one and pay cash for another or others. We've done that before :)

20. AnimalPrincess

AnimalPrincess Mouseketeer

How many points is the Member cruise typically?

21. Mndisneygirl

Mndisneygirl DIS Veteran

I'd like to know too. Also, if it's cash, do we know the prices? Is it the same as another cruise of the same lenght?
    TIA.