Melting Pot with kids

nchulka

<font color=purple>it was funny when the creepy gu
I'm wondering if anyone takes kids to the Melting Pot? I've only been once and it seemed like it was only adults. DD really wants to go for her 11th birthday. It would be me, DH, DD and DS9. When DH and I went we shared the cheese fondue, each got a salad, and shared the chocolate dessert. We were both stuffed and couldn't imagine eating a main course. DD and DS both do not like salads, but they love shrimp. Is it possible that while DH and I each ate our salads, DD & DS could share one entree of shrimp?? I'm sure that would probably seem strange to the server, but would it work?? Everyone will love the cheese and chocolate.

You should call your local melting pot and see if they have a children's menu. We have been to a couple melting pots that do have a children's menu and some that do not.

Also you should ask about the children sharing an entree because I would think you would have to get the big entree to share not just a simple entree. There could be a plate fee for sharing so make sure to ask about that as well.

I'm wondering if anyone takes kids to the Melting Pot? I've only been once and it seemed like it was only adults. DD really wants to go for her 11th birthday. It would be me, DH, DD and DS9. When DH and I went we shared the cheese fondue, each got a salad, and shared the chocolate dessert. We were both stuffed and couldn't imagine eating a main course. DD and DS both do not like salads, but they love shrimp. Is it possible that while DH and I each ate our salads, DD & DS could share one entree of shrimp?? I'm sure that would probably seem strange to the server, but would it work?? Everyone will love the cheese and chocolate.

It's not strange at all. Those entrees are way too much for me, let alone a 9 year old child. We always split entrees at The Melting Pot. If my family of 5 goes we'll get 3 entrees along with the salad, fondue and desert.

Your kids are the perfect age to start enjoying fondue. Any younger I'd say might be too young, especially if they are the type of kids who have a hard time sitting still. My sister brought her son once when we took our Mom out one year on her birthday, he was about 5 or 6 and way too squirmy. None of us could enjoy ourselves worrying he was going to burn himself on those hot fondue pots. But 9 I would think would be fine. Have fun! :thumbsup2

I did my daughters 9th birthday party there it was her and3 friends. they loved it itwas a ton of fun

I invited the ladies in our family for a "Divas Dessert" Party for our DD's 12th bday, & the 4 girls (ages 12, 11, 9, & 6) sat together at their own table. Granted it was just dessert, but they really enjoyed it. Our reservation was at 2:00 pm, & everyone had a fun time!

Also you should ask about the children sharing an entree because I would think you would have to get the big entree to share not just a simple entree. There could be a plate fee for sharing so make sure to ask about that as well.

My daughter and I share an entree all the time- we order one order of chicken, I eat the salad, she eats the chicken, I eat the mushroom and brocolli and we both eat the potato. I had her 10th birthday party there too!

I have only been one time. The waitress was soooo helpful telling us what to order. There were four adults btw.

It was a great (expensive) experience!

My kids love going. The first time we took the kids dd was 8 and ds was 4.

Go! Y'all will have a great time.

Thank you all so much for your help. I'm feeling much better about her choice now :) I'm really looking forward to it! It's kind of nice that she is growing up and liking more adult things, maybe this means my days of birthdays at Chuck E cheese are over :lmao:

Our local Melting Pot has a "kids nite out" time. I think it is Sunday afternoon and evening.

I'd look into that. I wouldn't take kids on a Friday or Saturday "date" night. I've never seen kids there then.

My boys love it there. We go every Christmas Eve. We always split entrees. We went for Father's Day/ my birthday one year, and we got 2 Big Night Out's and split them 4 ways. It was plenty of food. Worked out really well.

I love Melting Pot too.

Like someone said before me, they have menu's from kids, yet they have coupons too. But I am not sure if all Melting Pots have childrens menu's.

The place I go, is full of kids most of the time. :cool1:

RadioNate said:
I'd look into that. I wouldn't take kids on a Friday or Saturday "date" night. I've never seen kids there then.

The only time we go is friday and saturday nights and always plenty of kids there-we had my daughters birthday party there on a saturday night and there was another kids party the same time

We have taken my D to the melting pot since she was a toddler, go and have fun!

If you go to the melting pot with your kids, what do you usually order? Do you have favorite choices?

I've never been but this thread is making me think it might be fun to go with my DS.

we took our kids for the first time around ages 5 & 7. They loved it. they knew what to expect, as sometimes I make cheese fondue at home.

The melting pot close to my house actually does a kids eat free on Sunday....for every adult entree ordered they let one kid order a free kid entree. makes it nice since one kid likes shrimp & the other likes chicken. worth checking to see if the one near you has a similar special!

have a great meal!

My dd turned 11 on the 22nd of February and she picked Melting Pot for her birthday dinner. Our waiter was amazing! Dh & I each ordered a 4 course meal with the cheese fondue, salad, entree and dessert. He only charged us for 1 kids 3 course meal (everything except the salad) and she shared that with her 12 (almost 13) year old brother.
He allowed the kids to share our salads and he brought unlimited veggies, bread and apples for the cheese fondue. He even made her a special plate for the dessert that said "Happy Birthday" and then brought a smaller plate plus the bowls of strawberries for the rest of us.
It was a 2 hour event and worth every penny. She was so happy and loved her special dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter