Mel's Unflashy June 2008 TR: Funnel cakes have fewer calories in FL. Updated 12/2!!

Muffinygood

Proud DVC owner at SSR and Polynesian
This is the beginning. The start. The outset. The first day of our trip to WDW and locations contained therein.

Whenever I read a trip report I always think about how their trip compares to my trips to WDW. Sometimes I think, “Wow. They didn’t plan that like I would have.” There have been lots and lots of, “I can’t believe that I never thought of that.” Mostly though, I’m thinking that the trip report can’t ever do your real trip justice. No one puts in those little details, the minutia of the trip that you miss. You don’t get to hear about how the tile was slippery in the shower and I almost took a header into the shower door because I have no balance in my left leg since my back surgery. Or that one time, on another WDW trip, my DH had words with a teenager who cut in front of us in line at AK and his mother came over to us and proceeded to use every foul word IN FRONT OF MY KIDS that I’ve ever heard. You know, the small stuff. Not the short stuff. That’s Jen from NM, but I digress. I’m going to try to add in some of that stuff. So, pay attention! It’s small stuff.... really small....tiny.....teeny tiny....:upsidedow

First, some introductions are necessary. We’ll start with me. Why? Because I am the entire reason there is a TR. Not just because I am writing it but because I love Disney more than anyone else in my family. I forced my DH to purchase the DVC this year to feed my addiction more. Also, because I am the most important. Yes. And I’m the only girl too. Yep. So, I’m going first. My name is Mel. You may have seen me around here. I probably haven’t seen you though. That’s because I’m sort of blind. Not legally. Just very fuzzy visioned, officially. My new glasses help me out alot but without them, I can’t see a foot in front of me. Really. So, when they say on the Crush n Gusher that you have to remove your glasses, I am like, “uh. no.” They tried to make me but I resisted. :3dglasses

I am 36 years old. That is so surprising to me. I can’t believe that I’ve made it to this ripe old age. I had a very wild childhood and teenage years. If you knew me then you’d be surprised too. Anyhoo, now I’m married (16 years this June) and I have two great kids. They forced me to become an adult. But, the one place I relive the childhood I NEVER had is Disney World. And that is why I love it so. So, wanna hear about my DH? He’s cool. You’ll like him. popcorn::

DH: He’s 41 years young. He listens to the kind of music that makes people think he’s having a mid-life crisis. You know stuff like Anthrax, 311, and weird rap type stuff that I’ve never even heard. He’s not having a crisis though. He’s totally NOT hung up on how old he is. He’s barely gray. He is aging way better than me. NOT FAIR!! He doesn’t have a flashy car or say things like, “DUDE, we should hang...” I would not allow that sort of buffoonery. He’s scary smart. He likes to vacation in sunny places where he can get a cold beer while he enjoys the pool. Vegas, Disney, the beach. He doesn’t complain. He never says, “Hey let’s go somewhere else instead of Disney.” That’s why we are still married. DH works really hard and he wants to actually relax on vacation. So, he leaves his cell phone and blackberry at home. That’s the other reason that I love him. I saw a man on his blackberry AND cell phone in the pool at BWV this trip. No kidding. He was doing business IN THE POOL and his kids were begging for him to “look at me, Dad ....look at me, Dad” and he was ON THE PHONE. I could have cried. Seriously. But, again, I digress. Anyhow, we shall refer to my DH as Bob. He’s not named that. He has a cool name. But, one time (in band camp) no actually it was in Stuart Beach, FL, he did a karaoke contest and used the name Bob from Boston. So, he’s Bob. From Michigan. :groom:

My oldest DS, Goofy, is the kind of kid that everyone knew in school. He’s 15 years old. Smart, funny and totally sweet. He was the guy that you sat next to in Biology freshman year. He knew the answers. Always. Sometimes he even TOLD you the answers. Most of the time, not. He is too afraid that he’ll get called on to tell the whole class what he and Ms. Watkins think is so interesting that they have to talk about it during the life-cycle of the water bug. Goofy is a cutie pie. I am his mother though, so you might not agree. Not that you’d tell me that. He goes to Disney to amuse his momma. Like I said, he’s sweet. :goofy:

My youngest DS, Gus, is sweet too. He never ever gives me any worry. Gus gets perfect straight A’s seemingly without any effort. Clearly, he gets this from his Dad. The kid asks questions though. LOTS OF QUESTIONS. Sometimes, it’s so bad that we have to say, “Gus, please stop asking us questions for an hour or so. We are starving. You’re eating dinner in between asking questions and we haven’t touched our food yet!!” Really. He’s curious about stuff. That’s cool. He loves his big brother to distraction. They are best friends. They never fight. Bob and I are waiting for the first time they do. Should be a big one. Gus goes to Disney because he has no choice. He’s 10 so he doesn’t drive or anything. He prefers Vegas but doesn’t complain. Smart boy. :earboy2:

So, that’s the intros. Anyone want to see a pic? We’re real cute. Here ya go.

100_1091.jpg

The REAL TR will start soon. I have my notes all set. Pictures on computer, just have to upload to Photobucket. You now have the intro and know us, sort of. Hope you come back to hear the fun stuff!!!
The trip was from June 20 to June 30th. Just wait till you hear it! See you guys soon!!!!

MEL

Direct Links to updates for those of you who want the good stuff, and you want it now!:

1: Take Me Home, Country Roads
2. Pork and Beans
3. Never Say Goodbye
4. And the rain, rain, rain came down, down, down
5. Breaking the Law
6. Midnight Train to Georgia
7. Vogue
8. Bob likes to video....
9. Love Rollercoaster
10. Road to Nowhere
11. Surf Wax America
12. Scenes from an Italian Restaurant
13. Surfin' USA
14. Surfin' pt. 2
15. Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar)
16. Segway to Embarrassment
17. 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover
18. Smuggler's Blues
19. Drop Dead Legs
20. Bicycle Race

I'm first:banana: :banana: :banana:

OK, now that I have read...Great start Mel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good start Mel... No Doubt I was the HIGHLIGHT of your Whole Disney Experience and every installment will speak of ME ME ME :yay:
:confused3 or maybe not:lovestruc

Thanks Donald! Katt, you were the highlight of my trip. You will be featured in at least TWO installments. That's for sure!

Janet was first! She wins! A funnel cake in August!

Mel:banana:

:yay: Yea!!! going back to read first installment!!! :banana: I had to sign in when I clicked on the link...hmm

This is the beginning. The start. The outset. The first day of our trip to WDW and locations contained therein.
popcorn::
First, some introductions are necessary. We’ll start with me. Why? Because I am the entire reason there is a TR. Not just because I am writing it but because I love Disney more than anyone else in my family. I forced my DH to purchase the DVC this year to feed my addiction more. Also, because I am the most important. Yes. And I’m the only girl too. Yep. So, I’m going first. My name is Mel. You may have seen me around here. I probably haven’t seen you though. That’s because I’m sort of blind. Not legally. Just very fuzzy visioned, officially. My new glasses help me out alot but without them, I can’t see a foot in front of me. Really. So, when they say on the Crush n Gusher that you have to remove your glasses, I am like, “uh. no.” They tried to make me but I resisted. :3dglasses
Nice to meet you Miss Mel..:goodvibes

I am 36 years old. That is so surprising to me. I can’t believe that I’ve made it to this ripe old age. I had a very wild childhood and teenage years. If you knew me then you’d be surprised too.
OO-LA-LA!! Skeletens in the closet? must hear stories! :rolleyes1

DH: He’s 41 years young. He listens to the kind of music that makes people think he’s having a mid-life crisis. You know stuff like Anthrax, 311, and weird rap type stuff that I’ve never even heard. He’s not having a crisis though. He’s totally NOT hung up on how old he is. He’s barely gray. He is aging way better than me. NOT FAIR!! He doesn’t have a flashy car or say things like, “DUDE, we should hang...” I would not allow that sort of buffoonery. He’s scary smart. He likes to vacation in sunny places where he can get a cold beer while he enjoys the pool.
Nice to meet you "Bob" :lmao:
So, he leaves his cell phone and blackberry at home. That’s the other reason that I love him. I saw a man on his blackberry AND cell phone in the pool at BWV this trip. No kidding. He was doing business IN THE POOL and his kids were begging for him to “look at me, Dad ....look at me, Dad” and he was ON THE PHONE. I could have cried.
I saw a mother and her family on the monorail talking on her Cell phone, they had strollers (toddlers) The husband looked a liitle embarassed.it was during our first trip in '05, so I was still in awe of everything.
But, one time (in band camp)
Steve and I say this ALL the time!!! :lmao: so funny!! I wish we could really meet someday. we would have so much fun!!! :banana:

Great picture!! :goodvibes

The REAL TR will start soon. I have my notes all set. Pictures on computer, just have to upload to Photobucket. You now have the intro and know us, sort of. Hope you come back to hear the fun stuff!!!
The trip was from June 20 to June 30th. Just wait till you hear it! See you guys soon!!!!
popcorn::

You know, the small stuff. Not the short stuff. That’s Jen from NM, but I digress.

:scared1:

You talkin' 'bout me lady?

:lmao:

I had a very wild childhood and teenage years. If you knew me then you’d be surprised too.

Dude...me too! ;)

We should swap stories...

This one time...at band camp...

But, one time (in band camp)

You went to band camp too???

So, that’s the intros. Anyone want to see a pic? We’re real cute. Here ya go.

100_1091.jpg

Hi Mel, Mr. Mel (Bob), goofy, and gus!!!

:rolleyes: Yeah, but did Mel buy you funnel cake:rolleyes1

:snooty: I am quite sure she would... But...

A. I am NOT there in August :guilty:
2... I was on my way back from :angel: Church Choir Practice:angel: and could not post first.
And D. I don't like Funnel Cake
( what line out of a movie did I steal my "options" from?)

I wish I could go in August and all you gals... :sad1:
I really could use some ME time.. away from Virginia... Without my family

:snooty: I am quite sure she would... But...

A. I am NOT there in August :guilty:
2... I was on my way back from :angel: Church Choir Practice:angel: and could not post first.
And D. I don't like Funnel Cake
( what line out of a movie did I steal my "options" from?)

:confused3 Stumped me Sheriff.

I wish I could go in August and all you gals... :sad1:
I really could use some ME time.. away from Virginia... Without my family

DO IT! :yay: :yay: :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter