Melinda's Plateau Busting Journal

melindaandrob

<font color=red>DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>I
OK, plateau busting......

1. increase water
2. 'move the furniture' have a larger breakfast, and a smaller dinner.
3. increase exercise, ok I have to be honest with myself......with Harry Potter Saturday and moving next Thursday/Friday I'm setting myself up to fail. I'll continue walking to and from work, (about 1 hour walking quickly per day) and add an evening walk after dinner. I could also try to ride my bike to work 2 days a week, I could leave at the same time and take a longer route.
4. How does stress effect weight loss?
5. Business dinner Wed., walk past the restaurant to check menu and pre-plan what I'll have!

**Short term weight loss goal 10lb. by July 21
**Long term weight loss goal 20lb. by Sept. 17

June 18

I checked the menu at the restaurant I will be at tonight and there is a veggie wrap on it, I should be ok with that. No wine or beer with dinner, I'll order a diet coke.

Walked to work today, yesterday I had a large point day as suggested, I didn't realize how hard that would be! I added a couple of extra 'fats' in points (dressing), treated myself to ice cream.

I had a larger lunch today than I normally have been doing, maybe this will help?!

I stopped to think about stress right now, they asked me at ww and I said "I didn't think that was a factor", I'm starting to re-think this. Laura my ww buddy laughed when I told her about the exchange at weigh in. Maybe she is right. I've been worried about the ordering of the HP book, did I order too many? not enough? will they arrive on time? oh gosh I'm getting stressed thinking about it :rolleyes: Then trying to pack to move next week. YIKES! I am stressed.
This week I'll do my best and if I gain or stay the same weight I'll just relax about it.

Well, I weighed myself this morning and I have lost nothing. I weigh in with ww tomorrow. I did everything right this week. I'm very discouraged. I guess it is more important to focus on what I FEEL like then what I weigh. I think I have a little more energy then I did a couple of months ago, then again that could just be the change in the seasons. Dam Canadian winters. :teeth: I'll retake my measurements tomorrow as well as my weigh in and regroup from there.

Well, WW and I lost 1 pound, I'm not doing a happy dance quite yet. I have lost and gained the same pound for 10 weeks now!:mad:

Thanks Laurie

Aug. 31
Well, the kids are back in school in one more day. I'm going to increase my exercise. I'm off Mon. and Wed., so I'm going to start with those two days to go to the gym. Baby steps. I'm also realizing that I don't really feel that bad about my weight. I feel bad when I go to get dressed and I have nothing to wear! I have to start just buying the darn clothes! All money can't go to the Disney fund!! :teeth:

Glad to see you're back posting to your journal! You are right, baby steps will take you very far! I need to start exercising this week too, so I'll be thinking of you!!

Hang in there, all in good time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!