Meeting the podcast crew on PCC 1.0

WHAT?!?!? - you got money on this or something?!? :laughing:

...so that you can maintain eye contact!! :cool2:

I'm just trying to stimulate the economy

Yes, I like to make sure I maintain eye contact at all times!

(Pssst...I don't think it's the economy he's trying to stimulate. ;) )
OOOH, Don, she called you out!! Good one Lisa, and quick too!
high_five.gif

I only went up to Julie and Corey to give them a baby book for Ferris. I just didn't want to 'bother' anyone either. We didn't make it to many of the official meet/greets because of other things we had planned or it just didn't work out.

I was able to meet Pete at the Heads Up Bar. He didn't seem to recognize my name though. DH and I shared an elevator with him and Walter also. I was in a very cramped elevator with Kevin and I asked him where he was going (like it was any of my business). After giving me a weird look and asking why I wanted to know I think, he said he was going back to the room. He said John was there taking a much needed nap. I turned to my DH and said that this would be a great time to swing by and ring the doorbell then. Keep in mind, I never actually introduced myself to Kevin. He probably thinks I'm a weirdo now. I had the 'don't want to bother' attitude too but I sooo wanted to meet them. Corey and Julie were so enjoying the time with Ferris that I never would have intruded on that. I actually walked by them when they were playing in the fountain with Ferris. Corey was wielding the camera. (Julie's favorite moment on the cruise.) How can you interrupt that?! I met a few DISers but found myself shy at times. There were a couple of times I wanted to go up to Tonya but couldn't get my feet moving. She was within a couple of feet of me. I coulda just hollered at her! Slapwhitey, tmli and their son Ben were AWSOME tablemates. I would link reservations with them any time! (Not sure they feel the same way after dining with DH though. :rolleyes:) Some folks were just plain SCARY.... I won't name names..... I told my DH that someone should have told this DISer he was on a pleasure cruise with Mickey and not a military vessel heading off to war. :scared: Can you name this DISer? Otherwise, I did force myself to go up to most folks I recognized. Disappointed I missed out on all the evening shinanigans. Didn't know when and where folks were getting together.

Dodie, it was nice meeting you even if it was just in passing.

I was able to meet Pete at the Heads Up Bar. He didn't seem to recognize my name though. DH and I shared an elevator with him and Walter also. I was in a very cramped elevator with Kevin and I asked him where he was going (like it was any of my business). After giving me a weird look and asking why I wanted to know I think, he said he was going back to the room. He said John was there taking a much needed nap. I turned to my DH and said that this would be a great time to swing by and ring the doorbell then. Keep in mind, I never actually introduced myself to Kevin. He probably thinks I'm a weirdo now. I had the 'don't want to bother' attitude too but I sooo wanted to meet them. Corey and Julie were so enjoying the time with Ferris that I never would have intruded on that. I actually walked by them when they were playing in the fountain with Ferris. Corey was wielding the camera. (Julie's favorite moment on the cruise.) How can you interrupt that?! I met a few DISers but found myself shy at times. There were a couple of times I wanted to go up to Tonya but couldn't get my feet moving. She was within a couple of feet of me. I coulda just hollered at her! Slapwhitey, tmli and their son Ben were AWSOME tablemates. I would link reservations with them any time! (Not sure they feel the same way after dining with DH though. :rolleyes:) Some folks were just plain SCARY.... I won't name names..... I told my DH that someone should have told this DISer he was on a pleasure cruise with Mickey and not a military vessel heading off to war. :scared: Can you name this DISer? Otherwise, I did force myself to go up to most folks I recognized. Disappointed I missed out on all the evening shinanigans. Didn't know when and where folks were getting together.

Dodie, it was nice meeting you even if it was just in passing.

I got home and actually thought "I never met Dara!!!!" I wish you would have hollared at me or gotten your feet moving!!!! :tiptoe: There are so many people I missed speaking and feel bad about it. :sad2:

Some folks were just plain SCARY.... I won't name names..... I told my DH that someone should have told this DISer he was on a pleasure cruise with Mickey and not a military vessel heading off to war. :scared: Can you name this DISer? .

You must be talking about me? :confused3

One of the things we hear all of the time is that the thing people like most about the Dis Unplugged Board is how friendly and non-judgemental the environment is compared to other places on the web.

It's my opinion that taking veiled swipes at other Disers sorta works against that friendly, non-judegemental environment.

I'm going to ask politely that it not continue.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to email me at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.

One of the things we hear all of the time is that the thing people like most about the Dis Unplugged Board is how friendly and non-judgemental the environment is compared to other places on the web.

It's my opinion that taking veiled swipes at other Disers sorta works against that friendly, non-judegemental environment.

I'm going to ask politely that it not continue.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to email me at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.

Well said Kevin!! :hug:

Having everyone together for the first time was a bit overwhelming. There was no way to meet everyone. I'm ashamed to say that there was a couple of times that people would walk up to me and say "hi Paul" and continue on with a conversation but I didn't remember meeting them before! :sad2: My memory must be going. We should ensure next time that we make the screen name the big bold font on the lanyard!! PCC 2.0 is going to be controlled madness!!! :scared1:

We have decided to adopt Deb's (LeftInNorway) solution.:thumbsup2

We are enlisting her to stand at the gangway and identify each and every one of you with indelible Sharpie to the forehead.:rotfl:

This will not only serve as identification, but it will allow everyone to maintain eye contact.

And who knows....we may create a cruise trend......like hair braiding.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Just so you know, I'm exempt from further defacing. :rotfl2:

Otherwise, I did force myself to go up to most folks I recognized. Disappointed I missed out on all the evening shinanigans. Didn't know when and where folks were getting together.

Glad I was able to meet you Dara but next time you need to come out at night. You would have found us. :drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter