Meeting Characters - photos

Ms. Shuttergirl

DIS Veteran
Before my first trip to DL I had no idea how much fun it would be to meet the characters i had known and loved my whole life. I swear I was more excited each time we spotted someone than the kids were :rotfl2:. I completely reverted to childhood which is what I love about anything Disney, it just makes you feel young again.

We pretty much managed to see all of our favourites last year but alas Mary Poppins was elusive. We had just come from New York and had seen Mary Poppins on Broadway so she was high on my DD's list. We only saw her the once and we quickly jumped in the horrendously long line content to wait things out, it would all be worth it. Unfortunately the family in front of us told us that the CM had said that they were the end of the line and to let everyone arriving from then on know that.

Sigh, we were disappointed and sad to never see her again. She will be definitely on our list of must sees next year at WDW.

With that said, we were still so thrilled to see so many wonderful characters and esp with the princesses, I was blown away with the detail in the costuming, so lovely. And actually was astounded at how much Cinderella and Snow White looked like the real thing.

Snow White ended up becoming my favourite, mainly because we met her at the Halloween party one evening and she was terribly sweet with the kids and then the following day we went for lunch at Ariel's Grotto and she immediately remembered meeting them and picked up the conversation where it left off the night before. That was like Pixie Dust to the children, and to me. I may or may not have gotten a little tear in my eye, although it could've been that damn pixie dust I'm talking about:lmao:.

Oh and Tinkerbell asking the kids about Australia and did they know Nemo and was Sydney Harbour really beautiful etc. I love how they totally stay in character, it makes the whole thing so much more fun.

I totally think that the characters were my favourite thing about DL, they really made the whole thing special.

Anyway, now I know how to share photos on here I wanted to share a couple of my favourites and encourage you all to share some of your faves, along with any stories that you remember that made your experience more memorable.

Here's my girl Snow. Excuse how awful I look, I had feet covered (and I mean covered) in blisters by now and brushing my hair and putting on makeup were down the list of priorities. I was all about popping some more ibuprofen 4 hourly LOL.
IMG_7424.jpg

Isn't she pretty
IMG_7412.jpg

I love how Eeyore put his ears over and around the kids, sweet
IMG_6100.jpg

The very handsome Captain Jack, I love how he stays in character and kind of acts like he's had a little too much rum :rotfl:
IMG_7234.jpg

The main mouse
IMG_6919.jpg

She did mean very well, I virtually had to crash tackle her to get this shot LOL
IMG_7271.jpg

Sleeping Beauty was DH's fave, hmmm I didn't like her tan, I expect princesses to be fair, you know "fair maiden" :lmao:
IMG_7433.jpg

And last but not least, Donald, how cute
IMG_7615.jpg

Okay guys, I can't wait to see some of your favourites

Not sure about that last one of "Donald" :rotfl:

ETA: okay you fixed it. That is a cute pic of Donald!!

Great pics!! Your kids look so happy! We leave 2 weeks today and will be having our first day at Disneyland this time in 3 weeks :cool1: I can't wait to have our own character pics!!

OOOOOO....Mary Poppins! My girls and I saw her, by accident in Epcot. I was not aware that they had a Mary Poppins character walking around. We saw her as she was heading to come in for a break and my daughter asked if she would be back and she said yes. So we hung out until she did. My youngest ran to be the first in line...I could see her, but I don't run, so I tried walking quickly. Needless to say I was told by Mary herself that I should not have left her unattended. I would post a picture, but I don't know how. It was my favorite meet and greet and I was soooooo happy to have seen her.

Great pictures...I want to go back.....

Before my first trip to DL I had no idea how much fun it would be to meet the characters i had known and loved my whole life. I swear I was more excited each time we spotted someone than the kids were :rotfl2:. I completely reverted to childhood which is what I love about anything Disney, it just makes you feel young again.

We pretty much managed to see all of our favourites last year but alas Mary Poppins was elusive. We had just come from New York and had seen Mary Poppins on Broadway so she was high on my DD's list. We only saw her the once and we quickly jumped in the horrendously long line content to wait things out, it would all be worth it. Unfortunately the family in front of us told us that the CM had said that they were the end of the line and to let everyone arriving from then on know that.

Sigh, we were disappointed and sad to never see her again. She will be definitely on our list of must sees next year at WDW.

With that said, we were still so thrilled to see so many wonderful characters and esp with the princesses, I was blown away with the detail in the costuming, so lovely. And actually was astounded at how much Cinderella and Snow White looked like the real thing.

Snow White ended up becoming my favourite, mainly because we met her at the Halloween party one evening and she was terribly sweet with the kids and then the following day we went for lunch at Ariel's Grotto and she immediately remembered meeting them and picked up the conversation where it left off the night before. That was like Pixie Dust to the children, and to me. I may or may not have gotten a little tear in my eye, although it could've been that damn pixie dust I'm talking about:lmao:.

Oh and Tinkerbell asking the kids about Australia and did they know Nemo and was Sydney Harbour really beautiful etc. I love how they totally stay in character, it makes the whole thing so much more fun.

I totally think that the characters were my favourite thing about DL, they really made the whole thing special.

Anyway, now I know how to share photos on here I wanted to share a couple of my favourites and encourage you all to share some of your faves, along with any stories that you remember that made your experience more memorable.

Here's my girl Snow. Excuse how awful I look, I had feet covered (and I mean covered) in blisters by now and brushing my hair and putting on makeup were down the list of priorities. I was all about popping some more ibuprofen 4 hourly LOL.
IMG_7424.jpg

Isn't she pretty
IMG_7412.jpg

I love how Eeyore put his ears over and around the kids, sweet
IMG_6100.jpg

The very handsome Captain Jack, I love how he stays in character and kind of acts like he's had a little too much rum :rotfl:
IMG_7234.jpg

The main mouse
IMG_6919.jpg

She did mean very well, I virtually had to crash tackle her to get this shot LOL
IMG_7271.jpg

Sleeping Beauty was DH's fave, hmmm I didn't like her tan, I expect princesses to be fair, you know "fair maiden" :lmao:
IMG_7433.jpg

And last but not least, Donald, how cute
IMG_7615.jpg

Okay guys, I can't wait to see some of your favourites

So sorry you didnt meet Mary.Just a tip next time you go go in to Guest relations and ask when and where she will be or ask one of the cast members they have a list of charactor meets or can call for you to find her.My daughter dressed as Mary they arranged a meet for us we have done it at both parks. Ilove your photos how long did you visit? hope you loved it where else did you go? Ilove Donald in that outfit we went to Halloween party twice last year.:cool1::cool1:

Not sure about that last one of "Donald" :rotfl:

ETA: okay you fixed it. That is a cute pic of Donald!!

Great pics!! Your kids look so happy! We leave 2 weeks today and will be having our first day at Disneyland this time in 3 weeks :cool1: I can't wait to have our own character pics!!

Is it your first time in Disneyland i have to learn how to do pictures I have lots of my daughter in Custom outfits but dont know how to post picture Who is your favorite?.Cant wait to hear about your trip we have to see all the charactors.Idrive my daughter nuts for the pictures.:cool1::banana:

I know exactly what you mean about meeting the characters.

We had been to Universal Studio's and DS wouldn't have a bar of Dora, we were very worried about his reaction at Disney.

As it stood the only characters he was scared of were his favourites, Woody and Jessie :rotfl:

He really took to Tigger and Pooh (or Boo as he calls him)

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0570-1.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

And he totally fell in love with Tinkerbell, people were waiting to meet her and he would not stop talking to her and hugging her :laughing: and Terrence was playing sad because DS wouldn't even look at him when he wouldn't stop looking at Tink :tinker:

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0711-1.jpg

DS4 with Fawn, I can't remember what he was telling her but she seems amazed..

IMG_0706.jpg

And Cinderella, what 4 year old by does not fall in love with Cinderella?? I think he was gazing into her eyes....

IMG_0588.jpg

Chip and Dale

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0690-1.jpg

Pluto (DS4 was hugging them all tight I think LOL)

IMG_0686-1.jpg

And we were so lucky to meet Micky and Minnie on our last day!!

IMG_0726-1.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

And Goofy at his kitchen

IMG_0592.jpg

Sorry about the photo overkill.....:laughing::laughing:

YAY!!!
I'm TOTALLY Character Obsessed too. I RUN when I see Stitch!! He always gets a big hug :goodvibes: So does Tigger. And Chip and Dale....
I MAINLY like the non face characters

THIS is why I love Character meals.
If you want Mary Poppins then you MUST go to 1900 Park Fare. That was SOOOO much fun. You get Alice, Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Winnie and Tigger!!!
I loved Alice and Hatter. They are so much fun.
I look like something resembling death warmed up in this for whatever reason...but this is the lady herself

Sigh...I wanna give Stitch a hug...

I have a HEAP of Photos with Characters but in addition to this I like getting the Characters to Strike a pose on their own.
Such as Lady Tremaine
LadyTremaine.jpg

Mushu
Mushu.jpg

But for photos with the wonderful characters!!
(they are thumbnails you can click on)

At 1900 park fare this is Tigger

When we were on the Disney Wonder I got Lilo and Stitch Hawaiian style...hehe

In Disneyland I got the dynamic duo Alice and White Rabbit!!!

Near Canada we got KODA and Chip and Dale!!!

In Animal Kingdom we go BalOOOOOOOOO

In Paris I got Emile and Scrooge

There are loads more...but these are the ones I have online for now
(not all of great image quality but...there you go... :rotfl: )

YAY!!!
I'm TOTALLY Character Obsessed too. I RUN when I see Stitch!! He always gets a big hug :goodvibes: So does Tigger. And Chip and Dale....
I MAINLY like the non face characters

THIS is why I love Character meals.
If you want Mary Poppins then you MUST go to 1900 Park Fare. That was SOOOO much fun. You get Alice, Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Winnie and Tigger!!!
I loved Alice and Hatter. They are so much fun.
I look like something resembling death warmed up in this for whatever reason...but this is the lady herself

Sigh...I wanna give Stitch a hug...

I have a HEAP of Photos with Characters but in addition to this I like getting the Characters to Strike a pose on their own.
Such as Lady Tremaine
LadyTremaine.jpg

Mushu
Mushu.jpg

But for photos with the wonderful characters!!
(they are thumbnails you can click on)

At 1900 park fare this is Tigger

When we were on the Disney Wonder I got Lilo and Stitch Hawaiian style...hehe

In Disneyland I got the dynamic duo Alice and White Rabbit!!!

Near Canada we got KODA and Chip and Dale!!!

In Animal Kingdom we go BalOOOOOOOOO

In Paris I got Emile and Scrooge

There are loads more...but these are the ones I have online for now
(not all of great image quality but...there you go... :rotfl: )

Love your photos i have also been to same parks as you now need to go to Hong kong & Shanghai when its completed .I love Lilo &Stitch in outfit i went on the Magic but saw only Stitch . I hope to take kids to Tokyo next year i lived in Tokyo when i was single so they have not been.Ihad a special meet withMary at 1900 pk faire in the garden by her topiary my freind a cast member arranged it as my daughter wore her Mary outfit.:cool1::cool1:

:cool1::cool1:
I know exactly what you mean about meeting the characters.

We had been to Universal Studio's and DS wouldn't have a bar of Dora, we were very worried about his reaction at Disney.

As it stood the only characters he was scared of were his favourites, Woody and Jessie :rotfl:

He really took to Tigger and Pooh (or Boo as he calls him)

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0570-1.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

And he totally fell in love with Tinkerbell, people were waiting to meet her and he would not stop talking to her and hugging her :laughing: and Terrence was playing sad because DS wouldn't even look at him when he wouldn't stop looking at Tink :tinker:

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0711-1.jpg

DS4 with Fawn, I can't remember what he was telling her but she seems amazed..

IMG_0706.jpg

And Cinderella, what 4 year old by does not fall in love with Cinderella?? I think he was gazing into her eyes....

IMG_0588.jpg

Chip and Dale

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0690-1.jpg

Pluto (DS4 was hugging them all tight I think LOL)

IMG_0686-1.jpg

And we were so lucky to meet Micky and Minnie on our last day!!

IMG_0726-1.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

And Goofy at his kitchen

IMG_0592.jpg

Sorry about the photo overkill.....:laughing::laughing:

Love all your photos your son looks like he had so much fun .You must have got there on a good day during holidays only time i went Christmas it was so crowded we did 2 rides all day and it was so cold did get lot of photos as ride lines so long took photos instead.

Becpee - awwwwww, how sweet your little boy is. Nobody hugs like a 4 year old. I wish my kids weren't so big LOL. I love love love the ones with Tink, that is adorable, and the one with Cinderella, sigh how gorgeous.

Queenie, lots of amazing captures. You sure have met tons of characters and some different ones which is great. Some different ones will be my aim for the next trip and thanks for the advice on 1900 Park Fare, we may just have to do that one. Love the Lady Tremaine one, hilarious.

Keep sharing people, these are making my day.

Queenie, lots of amazing captures. You sure have met tons of characters and some different ones which is great. Some different ones will be my aim for the next trip and thanks for the advice on 1900 Park Fare, we may just have to do that one. Love the Lady Tremaine one, hilarious.

Keep sharing people, these are making my day.
It is funny.
Obviously you want a photo with the character but I often just end up taking a photo of the character myself.
Found some other's I love in my picasa from Tokyo.
You got quite a few different ones...

If I ever need a pick me up...Dale NEVER fails o crack me up
P2190792.JPG

Or his colleagues
P2190785.JPG

P2200014.JPG

P2200010.JPG

P2200017.JPG

Thanks for posting everyone and keep them coming. I'm in bed with the laptop; so the pictures are really making my day.

queenie - nice to be able to put a face to the name!!

I must get round to finding some from previous trips and posting.

We saw Mary Poppins and Alice at the UK pavillion at Epcot. They seem to be a regular fixture there.

I love the way Eeyore puts the autograph book on his nose
IMG_6095.jpg
Beautiful Photos :cool1:
Such rich colours!!!
That is one ORANGE Tigger :thumbsup2

I love the nose thing too.
Goofy, Pluto, Eeyore all do it.
Poor Goofy one time got jostled while signing so got some ink on his nose :hug:

Just remembered this one...
Stitch as I say is a favourite anyway...but he REALLY was very naughty on the cruise.
[even if you aren't a huge fan of him you HAVE to track him down and have a play. :yay:]

When we were up on deck 9 to get the other photo (previously posted) he was playing with 'buttons'. Stitch's head is metal...and magnetic (kinda explains a lot :lmao: ) and he had gotten hold of those 'best kept secret' DVC buttons. So as he arrived he was sticking them to his head :rotfl2:
At the same time he was also entangling himself in the pull out queue tape from a pole.
The poor 'minding' CM....poor girl... :rotfl2:
Naughty%20Stitch%20Deck%209b.jpg

Naughty%20Stitch%20Deck%209a.jpg

Then on Pirate night AGAIN he was playing with the queue tape. AND playing on the ground. Then he look up with this
'what? who me? I didn't do anything :goodvibes'

Pirate%20Stitch.jpg

And it would ALSO appeaer he has a crush on Ariel :scared1:
Farewell%20night6.jpg

Where is Prince Eric when you need him :)

Hahahaha, he does look naughty. I've heard Goofy and Tigger can be very "playful" also but have yet to have the fun experience of that. I'm not sure I quite get the "stitch" thing but will seek him out next time to see if he can work his magic on me.

As for the colours of my images, I totally agree, they are "BRIGHT". This was very deliberate. I wanted our holiday pics, esp the Disney ones to have a "cartoon" quality about them, almost like they were a dream because (and don't laugh LOL) that whole trip for me was a dream come true. I wanted the colours to reflect that. Sounds corny but makes perfect sense to me. And you are right, that is one orange tigger :lmao:

Oh and I meant to say "what is up with the face of the fairy godmother". That is a tiny bit weird LOL. I would've prefered a proper "older" face. hahahaha

Oh and I meant to say "what is up with the face of the fairy godmother". That is a tiny bit weird LOL. I would've prefered a proper "older" face. hahahaha

That's what they do at the Tokyo and Hong Kong because the CMs are all Asian. So they have face masks as well. My friend takes her kids to Tokyo Disney frequently and I always say those kids will get a real shock when they go to DL or WDW and see face characters who actually speak English :lol:.

That's what they do at the Tokyo and Hong Kong because the CMs are all Asian. So they have face masks as well. My friend takes her kids to Tokyo Disney frequently and I always say those kids will get a real shock when they go to DL or WDW and see face characters who actually speak English :lol:.
This is true.
They DO have western CMs and they are all around but the fairy godmother is not a prominent enough figure to pay the extra wages for a western CM when they are just wandering.
There was an (I suspect Aussie) Indiana Jones Character you could meet and greet with.
All the princesses ARE proper face characters.
But yeah...a little weird I agree:lmao:

And I think that was a great decision about the photos! I really really love it! :thumbsup2 It works really well on your son's ear hat too!
I'm very jealous about Sully. I've NEVER found him at a meet and greet.

Sully was at the CA Halloween Party near the Monsters Inc ride at a little dance party that was being held there. My husband got all giggly when we found him because he loves Monsters Inc. I'm surprised he didn't go up for a hug himself LOL, it would've only have been his dislike of public displays that stopped him :rotfl2:.

That makes sense about the fairy godmother mask, I hadn't thought of that.

Oooh, I am loving all these photos! Ms Shuttergirl, do share your tips on how you took your photos. The colours are so vibrant!

And the children loved Stitch on the cruise as well. My daughter thought he was hilarious because he kept trying to "lick" her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter