Meet Santa @ DL turn right @ Aulani and fly on..Single Digit Dance

I did exactly that on one trip. I was travelling with my parents and DH and DS went to Legoland whilst the rest of us headed for Carlsbad. We also ended up heading to the Westfield that is off the 78. It will take you about 20 - 30 minutes to get to that Westfield from Carlsbad....but traffic can be bad around the 78.

Excellent! I actually enjoy Rainforest cafe.

Thanks PIO

The Carlsbad notes are on file. DH will take his International Driving Permit just in case:laughing:

We really enjoyed the Ranforest Cafe on our last DL trip. We tried it in both Disneyland Paris and London earlier in the year and not so impressed. We are hoping it's just a European thing. Grandpa really wants to go back and the girls are dying to try a volcano.

Have just made reservations at Cafe Orleans and the Jazz Kitchen today. We may not use all these PS but given the the week of Christmas is so busy, it's nice to have somewhere up your sleeve.

I love planning the trip. I am going crazy. My DH and I are going in February and I want to make all these plans but he wants to take it easy and not over plan.:scared1: Crazy man.

;) my secret to keeping DH happy is to be really planned so to him it feels effortless, if we decide to change things around it is fine, but at least there are one ideas to begin with.

We find that when we travel the worst days are when we have no game plan. My gameplan into make it feel like there is no gameplan:rotfl:

Lucky he loves me.

Thanks PIO

The Carlsbad notes are on file. DH will take his International Driving Permit just in case:laughing:

We really enjoyed the Ranforest Cafe on our last DL trip. We tried it in both Disneyland Paris and London earlier in the year and not so impressed. We are hoping it's just a European thing. Grandpa really wants to go back and the girls are dying to try a volcano.

Have just made reservations at Cafe Orleans and the Jazz Kitchen today. We may not use all these PS but given the the week of Christmas is so busy, it's nice to have somewhere up your sleeve.

If DH already has an International Driving Permit, then take it with you. But the CHiPs will accept the Australian Driving License as valid ID, if you get pulled over. Trust me....we know! :laughing:
And we've always driven in the US through the various states we've travelled in using our Aussie DL.

Just remember to get yourselves some Beignets at the Jazz Kitchen - quick service section. :thumbsup2

If DH already has an International Driving Permit, then take it with you. But the CHiPs will accept the Australian Driving License as valid ID, if you get pulled over. Trust me....we know! :laughing:
And we've always driven in the US through the various states we've travelled in using our Aussie DL.

Just remember to get yourselves some Beignets at the Jazz Kitchen - quick service section. :thumbsup2

Beignets on the way to the park each morning, well most mornings ON THE LIST

Thanks PIO

DH permit still valid from earlier in the year so will throw it in. They re normally just needed where English is not spoken.

Beignets on the way to the park each morning, well most mornings ON THE LIST

Thanks PIO

DH permit still valid from earlier in the year so will throw it in. They re normally just needed where English is not spoken.

Y-e-a-h! Where English is not spoken....and you're taking it to the US....I guess that speaks volumes (English or otherwise)! :rotfl2:

Y-e-a-h! Where English is not spoken....and you're taking it to the US....I guess that speaks volumes (English or otherwise)! :rotfl2:

Well technically...:lmao:

Moved my Cafe Orleans reservation to later in the day and have added Carnation Cafe.

Tomorrow is Storytellers for Breakfast.

There will be 1am calls on Tuesday and Wednesday for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Then next month, the tours, and reserved seating for WOC and Fantasmic.

and maybe I will send an email to a US TA about a cruise in 2013..

Oh someone stop me:rotfl:

Your trip sounds amazing!! :cool1: I'm excited for my 2 1/2 days at DL for the Christmas season....but you'll be there FOR Christmas.....wow!!!! Not to mention, Hawaii!! You'll love it there......Hawaii is so relaxing....eventhough we're on the go a lot when we go to Oahu. So many touristy things to do there.....but the laid back vibe is wonderful!!

Do you know what activities you're doing on Oahu?? Pearl Harbor?? Polynesian Cultural Center?? Dole Pineapple Plantation?? All great places to be immersed in the hawaiian cultural & history. (also fun)

I've been watching your posts on the Christmas Superthread & now can understand why you're so excited.....what a wonderful holiday for your family!!! It will be here before you know it!

Your trip sounds amazing!! :cool1: I'm excited for my 2 1/2 days at DL for the Christmas season....but you'll be there FOR Christmas.....wow!!!! Not to mention, Hawaii!! You'll love it there......Hawaii is so relaxing....eventhough we're on the go a lot when we go to Oahu. So many touristy things to do there.....but the laid back vibe is wonderful!!

Do you know what activities you're doing on Oahu?? Pearl Harbor?? Polynesian Cultural Center?? Dole Pineapple Plantation?? All great places to be immersed in the hawaiian cultural & history. (also fun)

I've been watching your posts on the Christmas Superthread & now can understand why you're so excited.....what a wonderful holiday for your family!!! It will be here before you know it!

Thanks for your kind wishes Laurie. We are all getting excited not just about Christmas but just all spending sometime together. At the moment we are all living a 15 hour drive away from one another. We had such a great time at DL in 2007 we went just after Thanksgiving that our being there for actual Christmas was hatched. It will be wonderful.

Mum and Dad took us to Hawaii as kids and I went back once about 20 years ago. We are gong to take the girls swimming with dolphins at the Sea Life Park and Pearl Harbour are on the list. We are really considering getting a car for the day and visiting the Polynesian Centre.

We are just going to play this part a bit more by ear. We know what we can do and we will just see how each day takes us. Have even considered a day trip to the Big Island. This week is also about recharging the batteries. It has been a very long and emotional year, I am looking forward to relaxing with the girls. We all love the water and they would love surfing lessons.

the Christmas Superthread has been a wonderful place to remind myself of our end goal of a wonderful family Christmas. We just love the holidays.

I am looking forward to hearing your adventures on your special trip. Whilst I am sure it will be strange without your family, you deserve a little special you time, especially if you can discover away to make plans for a special family Christmas trip for your family.

:cool1: Woo Hoo on the reservation!! (even if you did have to stay up late!!) It always seems so much closer when you make those ressies!!!

If you get the chance to do a day trip to the Polynesian Cultural Center, I would highly suggest it. There is so much to do & see....so get there at opening. All the different islands are represented & the people working at them are from those islands originally. Places like Figi, Tonga, etc. You wander into each "island" area & see demonstrations, do crafts, participate in activities, etc. A ton of fun for all ages.

I'd also suggest doing the luau & seeing the nightshow. Absolutely amazing & delicious!!! This is a highlight from the 2 times I've gone to Hawaii.

All set,

Dining reservations all done. Have booked WOC dining package and a Dinner at Goofy's.

So we have at least got a sit down meal reserved each day.

I got dinner reservations at Storytellers for Christmas Day.

Less than six weeks to go. DH has to go away for work for three of them, the children have less than 4 weeks of school left. I can see these weeks just flying by.

The are really getting excited and telling us all the things they want to do, as the school year closes they as looking coward to having us all stop and to see the grandparents.

I will put together a updated trip plan over the weekend. Thanks for sharing a fun and tiring planning week with me.

Mia

I can now say that we are leaving next month. My mum has decided that December doesn't count. :rotfl:

So we are we at:

First week in Waikiki staying at the Hawaiian Hilton Village. We are going to shop, visit Pearl Harbour, the Sea Life park and see if Nevada bob is still in business to get some new golf clubs for Grandpa. Then we are off to Aulani for three nights in an ocean view room. It is here that my brother and his girlfriend will join us with her family.

After relaxing and unwinding and with a little sprinkle of pixie dust we are then going to fly to the mainland to spend eight days at the Disneyland Hotel.

Whilst we are all looking forward to riding our favorites, we also want to stop and enjoy the little things.

I have never rode Big Thunder or the Jungle Cruise at night
Dine at the Blue Bayou and Riverbelle Terrace
Ride the ships on ROA, have only done the canoes
Visit Tarzans treehouse
Talk to Crush and visit Animation Studios
Meet Santa at the Reindeer Roundup
Get a silhouette done on Main Street

Most importantly I am looking forward to having all my family together. This year has reminded me over and over how important family is. Mine live over 1700km away and so for my girls to spend three weeks with ther parents and grandparents with no work, school or extra activities, that gift alone is going to be priceless.

A kind friend reminded me that I have 24 lunch boxes left to make for the school year, so I will get through that little countdown first, then I can resume the holiday countdown.

May I recommend sitting at Coca Cola Corner and watching the Mad Hatter and the gang play musical chairs with kids. I had a ball watching that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter