Medical Cannabis...seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to get oil from your doctor and "vap" that way. My brother in law travelled with the oil in an airport with no problem. It was re-labeled. Orlando is dangerous and I would not wander around the bad parts.

YES! Thank you! That's what I'm thinking about! THIS is where I'm hoping to see the thread go.:D

Thanks Tricky_Tink! I vape the oil, and there's very little (if any) smell.
Thank you for being educated! I appreciate it more than words can say. :)

Is the oil legal in Florida?

Probably not. It is treated the same as actual pot in the eyes of the law, at least here in Michigan (where medicinal use is legal statewide and several communities have decriminalized recreational possession). It is simply a less intrusive way of using the drug, whether medicinally or recreationally. From what I've seen, the fact that is has little/no smell and causes no secondhand exposure makes it popular with medicinal users while the cost makes it less attractive to recreational users.

There was a CBD bill at one time but I think it was for certain conditions like cancer and seizures and you had to be permanent residents of Fl and Doc was in Fl. Not sure if it ever went through.

I highly doubt this is even a legitimate post. More likely, it's just intended to try and start an argument about the legalization of marijuana. As PP's and the OP have already pointed out marijuana is illegal in FL. To answer the question implied by the OP, if you believe you have a disability that requires a special "medication" you can ask Guest Services (DAS) for an accommodation. As the OP knows, that request will likely be denied. Which brings me back to my original thought, why try to start a conversation about it on DIS?

I highly doubt this is even a legitimate post. More likely, it's just intended to try and start an argument about the legalization of marijuana. As PP's and the OP have already pointed out marijuana is illegal in FL. To answer the question implied by the OP, if you believe you have a disability that requires a special "medication" you can ask Guest Services (DAS) for an accommodation. As the OP knows, that request will likely be denied. Which brings me back to my original thought, why try to start a conversation about it on DIS?
I want to point out that the only accommodations offered by DAS (Disabilitiy Access Services) relate to bring able to wait outside of the regular lines for attractions, so Guest Services would not offer any assistance to do something illegal in Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter