Med Cruisers...Let's Discuss Planning!(Updated Tour Info, Links & BCN Info on Page 1)

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by lilpooh108, Jan 12, 2013.

1. tajz90

tajz90 Mama D

Should be fine. My husband and sons wore long shorts to the Vatican and had no issue.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bigAWL

bigAWL DIS Veteran

Is there a problem with kids wearing shorts or having uncovered shoulders?

4. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

Yes same rule for everyone, even kids.

On a different note...I just remembered that they offered the Chocolate Tasting on the Med cruise. We didn't get to do it but I remembered wondering about it before we left for the trip.

5. tajz90

tajz90 Mama D

My youngest was 7 and he wore long shorts that covered the knee.

6. carpenta

carpenta DIS Veteran

....it's too expensive to dock twice.....they stay tied up.

7. carpenta

carpenta DIS Veteran

I guess the times we have been at St.Peters' the visitors got the memos......:scratchin

8. Kirbo

Kirbo Runs with Scissors

:rotfl2: I've never heard that one :lmao:

9. bigAWL

bigAWL DIS Veteran

Thanks.

I recently saw this video which was made on the Wonder. Maybe the tasting on the Med is/was similar?

Chocolate Tasting on the Disney Wonder

10. clairedy6

clairedy6 Mouseketeer

In regards to St. Peters, is the rule that women's knees have to be covered or that no shorts are allowed? If you wore a dress that came just above the knees would they let you in?

11. woody73

woody73 <font color=darkorange>Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen<br><

When we went to the Vatican, the rules for proper attire were strictly enforced. Unlike the ship's dinning rooms.

Woody

12. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

No bare knees or shoulders. The rule isn't about shorts v dresses; its just about being covered up.

13. nzdisneymom

nzdisneymom DIS Veteran

14. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

For those of you who've already sailed/been to the Med, when you tap an ATM does it show your available balance like it does here in the US? Listed in Euros or US$?

Also what was your daily limit to tap an ATM? I know this would vary & I need to contact my bank but just curious.

Do you feel it was difficult to get enough cash because of the limits? We have prepaid everything except for tips for drivers of Rome in Limo, entrance to Accademia in Florence, entrance to Pompeii and the fee + tips to our Vatican & Pompeii guides from RiL. We won't need to be buying train tix, etc so hopefully not huge sums of cash needed but just curious.
    I'd prefer to use a cc for most purchases. Were there a lot of places that accept cash only?
    :goodvibes

15. DisneyOHFan

DisneyOHFan Livin' for Disney

When we withdrew money, it didn't give us a balance. It just showed us what we took out (in Euros).

16. Fifitrixabellee

Fifitrixabellee Earning My Ears

We used debit card all the time in Europe no problem. Whenever I've used the machines it shows in my own currency £s for me so yes should show in dollars.

17. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

Did you exchange money at all? I worried about the same thing and had Euros left over (even with a 4 day Paris stay post-cruise).

We needed cash the same stuff you needed cash for (tix, fees, tips). In Barcelona ALL of the restaurants I went to gladly took CC and even took tips on CC. I found I needed cash mostly for:

1. Restaurants in Italy
    2. BATHROOMS
    3. Vending machines for waters
    4. Entrance tix
    5. Tips
    6. Any unpaid tours

I changed $200 US onboard but the rate was not great. I can't remember but I think I only got 140Euro. I didn't do another change after that.

BTW (and just random babbling here), I noticed that there were alot less purchases onboard than normal (people browsing, etc). That 20% VAT really was horrendous. My $76 D&B wristlet came out to be $94. :scared1: Of course I get home log on to Disneystore.com and it's there for $76 plus I can get 10% w/Disney Visa. :rolleyes1

Good luck!

18. tajz90

tajz90 Mama D

Will the Greece sailings be charged VAT?

19. janiebubble

janiebubble DIS Veteran

Greece is part of the European union, I can't see any reason why you wouldn't be charged VAT

20. tajz90

tajz90 Mama D

I thought I had read somewhere that if a ship sails to a non-EU port that it wouldn't be charged the VAT. The Greek cruise sails to Turkey which is not part of the EU (I think).

21. WDW Princess 71

WDW Princess 71 DIS Veteran

This is what I've been hearing so far as well, but we'll have to wait until this first Greece/Turkey cruise returns this week to confirm for sure. Fingers crossed for no VAT!