Med Cruisers...Let's Discuss Planning!(Updated Tour Info, Links & BCN Info on Page 1)

My dh just bought some manpris yesterday that go just below the knee. I was hoping that these would be okay.

Should be fine. My husband and sons wore long shorts to the Vatican and had no issue.

Is there a problem with kids wearing shorts or having uncovered shoulders?

Yes same rule for everyone, even kids.

On a different note...I just remembered that they offered the Chocolate Tasting on the Med cruise. We didn't get to do it but I remembered wondering about it before we left for the trip.

I have seen LOTS of people turned away. On the front steps of St Peter's there are generally a lot folks standing around waiting because they got told "no". Men with shorts just above the knee seemed the most shocked by the rules

I guess the times we have been at St.Peters' the visitors got the memos......:scratchin

In regards to St. Peters, is the rule that women's knees have to be covered or that no shorts are allowed? If you wore a dress that came just above the knees would they let you in?

I have seen LOTS of people turned away. On the front steps of St Peter's there are generally a lot folks standing around waiting because they got told "no". Men with shorts just above the knee seemed the most shocked by the rules
When we went to the Vatican, the rules for proper attire were strictly enforced. Unlike the ship's dinning rooms.

Woody

In regards to St. Peters, is the rule that women's knees have to be covered or that no shorts are allowed? If you wore a dress that came just above the knees would they let you in?

No bare knees or shoulders. The rule isn't about shorts v dresses; its just about being covered up.

For those of you who've already sailed/been to the Med, when you tap an ATM does it show your available balance like it does here in the US? Listed in Euros or US$?

Also what was your daily limit to tap an ATM? I know this would vary & I need to contact my bank but just curious.

Do you feel it was difficult to get enough cash because of the limits? We have prepaid everything except for tips for drivers of Rome in Limo, entrance to Accademia in Florence, entrance to Pompeii and the fee + tips to our Vatican & Pompeii guides from RiL. We won't need to be buying train tix, etc so hopefully not huge sums of cash needed but just curious.
I'd prefer to use a cc for most purchases. Were there a lot of places that accept cash only?
:goodvibes

For those of you who've already sailed/been to the Med, when you tap an ATM does it show your available balance like it does here in the US? Listed in Euros or US$?

Also what was your daily limit to tap an ATM? I know this would vary & I need to contact my bank but just curious.

Do you feel it was difficult to get enough cash because of the limits? We have prepaid everything except for tips for drivers of Rome in Limo, entrance to Accademia in Florence, entrance to Pompeii and the fee + tips to our Vatican & Pompeii guides from RiL. We won't need to be buying train tix, etc so hopefully not huge sums of cash needed but just curious.
I'd prefer to use a cc for most purchases. Were there a lot of places that accept cash only?

When we withdrew money, it didn't give us a balance. It just showed us what we took out (in Euros).

We used debit card all the time in Europe no problem. Whenever I've used the machines it shows in my own currency £s for me so yes should show in dollars.

Did you exchange money at all? I worried about the same thing and had Euros left over (even with a 4 day Paris stay post-cruise).

We needed cash the same stuff you needed cash for (tix, fees, tips). In Barcelona ALL of the restaurants I went to gladly took CC and even took tips on CC. I found I needed cash mostly for:

1. Restaurants in Italy
2. BATHROOMS
3. Vending machines for waters
4. Entrance tix
5. Tips
6. Any unpaid tours

I changed $200 US onboard but the rate was not great. I can't remember but I think I only got 140Euro. I didn't do another change after that.

BTW (and just random babbling here), I noticed that there were alot less purchases onboard than normal (people browsing, etc). That 20% VAT really was horrendous. My $76 D&B wristlet came out to be $94. :scared1: Of course I get home log on to Disneystore.com and it's there for $76 plus I can get 10% w/Disney Visa. :rolleyes1

Good luck!

Did you exchange money at all? I worried about the same thing and had Euros left over (even with a 4 day Paris stay post-cruise).

We needed cash the same stuff you needed cash for (tix, fees, tips). In Barcelona ALL of the restaurants I went to gladly took CC and even took tips on CC. I found I needed cash mostly for:

1. Restaurants in Italy
2. BATHROOMS
3. Vending machines for waters
4. Entrance tix
5. Tips
6. Any unpaid tours

I changed $200 US onboard but the rate was not great. I can't remember but I think I only got 140Euro. I didn't do another change after that.

BTW (and just random babbling here), I noticed that there were alot less purchases onboard than normal (people browsing, etc). That 20% VAT really was horrendous. My $76 D&B wristlet came out to be $94. :scared1: Of course I get home log on to Disneystore.com and it's there for $76 plus I can get 10% w/Disney Visa. :rolleyes1

Good luck!

Will the Greece sailings be charged VAT?

Greece is part of the European union, I can't see any reason why you wouldn't be charged VAT

I thought I had read somewhere that if a ship sails to a non-EU port that it wouldn't be charged the VAT. The Greek cruise sails to Turkey which is not part of the EU (I think).

I thought I had read somewhere that if a ship sails to a non-EU port that it wouldn't be charged the VAT. The Greek cruise sails to Turkey which is not part of the EU (I think).
This is what I've been hearing so far as well, but we'll have to wait until this first Greece/Turkey cruise returns this week to confirm for sure. Fingers crossed for no VAT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter