• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Meatloaf recipe

My DH makes a good meatloaf. It actually seems like a giant meatball (Chop Meat, Breadcrumbs, Ketchup, Mustard-about 2 tbsp,1 egg) but he puts it in a roasting pan with cubed potatoes and adds a mixture of ketchup and water. He pours it over the meatloaf and potatoes and they cook in that mixture for about 2 hours. It is actually pretty good.

1 lb hamburger ( i use 97% fat free )
1 egg
3 slices cheese bronken up
1 slice bread crumbled
1 cup cooked white rice
1 big squirt of katsup
salt, pepper, onion, and minced garlic to taste
Mix well in big bowl , smooth out in loaf pan cook 45 mins ( to 1 hour ) at 350

I make mine with:
2lb hamburger
1 pkg lipton onion soup mix
2 eggs
break crumbs

Mix all together then my family Loves cream of mushroom soup put on the top of the meatloaf. I bake for about 1 and 1/2 hrs at 350. The cream of mushroom makes great gravy.

I make mine with, hamburger(usually use ground round or chuck), 1 or 2 eggs, breadcrumbs(sorry no measurements I just guess) salt pepper garlic pwd. whatever other spices you waant to put in, and I usually grate up a carrot or 2 and mix that in also(it looks nice) put it in baking pan pour tomato sauce over the top and bake

This is the most unusual and best tasting meatloaves I have ever eaten. The directions are for freezing then cooking but of course you can cook it right after mixing just jump to #3 under serving day directions. This one does freeze well and tastes great when cooked.

Honey Mustard Meatloaf

3 pound lean ground beef
2/3 cups dry breadcrumbs
4 eggs
1 cup chopped onion
2 teaspoons basil leaves
1-teaspoon salt
1-teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons scallions, chopped
4 tablespoons Dijon style mustard
4 tablespoons honey

1. In a large mixing bowl, mix the ground beef, breadcrumbs, eggs, onion, and seasonings. Mix completely. I use my stand mixer to do this, makes it easy and quick.

2. Add 4 tablespoons of Dijon mustard and 4-tablespoon honey, mix well.

3. Shape into 2 loaves. Place in pans, cover with foil and freeze.

On serving day:

1. Thaw the meatloaf in the refrigerator for 36 to 48 hours.

2. Combine 2 tablespoons Dijon style mustard and 2 tablespoons honey in small bowl.

3. Bake the thawed meatloaf uncovered for 30 minutes in a 350-degree oven.

4. Brush with the honey mustard glaze.

5. Bake for an additional 20 minutes.

Cooking from a frozen state:

While it is best to thaw this and cook, my reality is that I often forget to pull the meal out the day before or it does not thaw completely before it needs to cook. You can cook this frozen if it is in a freezer to oven safe pan. I’ll cover the dish with foil and bake it for about 50 minutes, then add the glaze and bake uncovered for an additional 20 minutes.

TK

I'm sorry I don't have the recipe, but my mom makes a killer meatloaf......she adds pretty much everything that has already been mentioned...PLUS...some sausage and/or cottage cheese. I don't care for sausage for cottage cheese, but when it's cooked in with all the other goodies, it's yummy! :)

I substitute Prego pasta sauce (that really yummy baking kind) and Parmesan cheese for the Ketchup sometimes. The Lipton Onion soup mix works really well too, and I always add some Italian seasoning.

I got mine off the package of Kraft Parm Plus(cheese with garlic & herbs), and its delicious.

1lb ground beef
3/4 cup spaghetti sauce(I use Prego)
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup Parm Plus
1 egg beaten

Mix all ingredients except 1/2 cup of sauce and 2 Tablespoons of Parm Plus
Press into loaf pan
Top with 1/2 cup sauce & 2 TBs Parm Plus
Bake at 375 for 45 minutes

Its like eating a big meatball. I add some pasta and garlic bread to go along with it and it makes a very easy, but good meal.

Mine is similar to the others posted, except that I add a box of crumbled up firm tofu. It doesn't change the taste at all (my husband didn't know until I told him) but you end up using less hamburger, so less fat. I have to try using the soup mix, I hadn't thought of that!

In addition to the ground beef, egg, ketchup, garlic powder & bread crumbs, I add:
Worcestireshire sauce ~1 Tbl
Kitchen Bouquet or Gravy Master ~1 Tbl
A-1 Steak Sauce ~1 Tbl
and recently I've been substituting some BBQ sauce for some of the ketchup. Instead of using salt, I usually put in about a teaspoon of powdered beef bouillon.

I could never make good meatloaf - like my Mom's. I finally discovered that a big part of it was the use of bread crumbs! I usually use the "Italian" seasoned crumbs.

Years ago we used to mold the ground beef mixture around a hard boiled egg. I don't remember where we got that, but it was kind of nice - especially with company. I've done the same thing with a block of cheese - back before we needed to worry about cholesterol. My mother used to pour tomato soup over the top at times.

We have 2 favorite meatloaf recipes.

The first one is: mix up your favorite meatloaf mixture. Flatten the mixture on waxpaper into the shape of a rectangle (about 1/4" thick). Spread shredded mozzarella cheese onto the flattened meat mixure. Using waxpaper & peeling it back along the way, start rolling the meat up "jelly roll" style. Pinch the ends closed. Place in meatloaf pan & bake as usual.

The second one is from Top Secret Recipes & is for Boston Market's Meatloaf.
http://topsecretrecipes.com/recipes/meatloaf.htm
This is the one I make the most!!

I make mine with half ground beef and half sausage. I add evaporated skim milk, minute rice and bake. Sometimes I top it with tomato sauce. Yummy for dinner and on sandwiches the next day (if you can hide some from your hungry men!)

For those nights when you'd like meatloaf but don't have time for it to cook in the oven, I make mine in the microwave using this recipe.

1 egg 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1-1/2 lb. ground beef 2 tsp dry mustard
1 cup fresh bread crumbs 1/4 tsp pepper
1 onion finely chopped 1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
3/4 cup tomato sauce 1 Tbsp white vinegar
In large bowl, beat egg until foamy. Add beef, crumbs, onion, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, Worcestshire sauce, 1 tsp mustard and pepper; mix well. form into 9x5 loaf, place in 11x7 baking dish. Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave at High for 5 minutes or until no longer pink, rotating dish once. Drain off fat. Microwave covered at Medium for 10-12 minutes or until meat is cooked through, rotating twice. Drain off fat. In bowl mix together brown sugar, vingar, remaining tomato sauce and mustard, spread over loaf. Microwave, uncovered, at High for 2 minutes or until sauce is hot. Makes about 6 servings.

I sometimes substitute spaghetti sauce for the tomato sauce, and then just use more sauce on top instead of all the other stuff.

I use a mixture of ground beef, veal and pork.
1 egg
breadcrumbs
wylers french onion shaker seasoning
Ketchup(Heinz)
2TblS light brown sugar
2 cans tomato soup

I mix the meat, egg,bread crumbs,french onion seasoning, 2 tbls of ketchup together in bowl and then pat into small loaves. I put these into my pampered chef cooking bowl for the oven and then I mix the tomato soup, brown sugar a squeeze of ketchup and some more of the french onion seasoning. Mix together and then pour onto the loaves. Bake at 350 for 1 hr.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter