Mears shuttle questions

TaraPA

Can't live without a ticker!!!!
I've always used Tiffany Town Car for the family but this trip is just myself & DS...so to save $ I'm thinking of using the Mears shuttle - I haven't seen anything posted on this recently, does it still exist & what are the wait times at the airport (I will have no baggage to claim) & at the resort? Do I need an advance reservation? Thanks everyone for your help!

8 days & counting!!!:bounce:

The only time we used Mears Shuttle service to a hotel, it took almost 2 hours from the time we bought our voucher til the shuttle bus arrived to take us to the hotel. Our luggage got squashed and we were the last ones dropped off....an hour later.

I can sum up my thoughts of Mears in 2 words......NEVER AGAIN !!!!

I've heard that before, so I'm glad I asked for personal opinions! I checked their website but didn't see a "route" or schedule - does anyone know if they go to certain Disney resorts first - or do they customize each shuttle to the guests on the bus for that ride? If I knew my resort was one of the first I would go for it, but I'm not into riding for 2 hours!

7 days & counting!

Their "path" varies depending on what hotels the passengers need to go to. They do off-site first and then go onsite. I've never had it take much over an hour from the time I get to the Mears desk to the time I get to the hotel desk, so not all that much longer than if I took a towncar. So I've always been very satisfied. And I'd still probably enjoy it if it took two hours (I love to see the other hotels, etc...) but that'd be bordering on pushing it for me! LOL

You brought up a good point - it may be nice to see some of the other hotels & resorts that I haven't been to yet, even though it may take a little longer to get to mine! THANKS!

It's been a while but never had a problem with Mears. Usually takes no more than 45 minutes once in the van. I'd definitely use them again. Make sure you call them the day before you need to get back to Orlando airport to confirm your ride.:D

Thhe longest I had to wait until we left the airport was about 30 mins. They were trying to fill the van. Mears fills thiers vans. They try to put folks with hotels near each other. If several of us a large it gets very tight. They tend to pick you up from the hotel to the airport 2 to 3 hours ahead of time. The times from the hotel to the airport for me has been busses. The trade off for the lower costs is being crowded into vans full and leaving much earlier than with a towncar. I have not had the horror stories others have had, but it is not always the most comfortable way to go, but for the money ok. Just know what to expect. Do not expect to be at your hotel 1 hour after getting there.

We have only used Mears once...our first time when we were clueless and didn't know other options were available. Felt like cattle, stopped just about every where before we arrived at our own stop....since then are more than willing to pay a little extra to start and end our vacation in peace and relax!!! We'd never go back to Mears transportation again.

I guess I have been lucky with Mears. I have tried them twice going to ASSp. Both times the bus left the airport within 15 minutes after obataining tickets. The first trip we were the first resort to be dropped off and the second trip we were number two. We did make a breif stop at thew other terminal to pick up more pasengers. On our return trip to the airport we were the last resort pick up before the airport. We did get to the airport about 2 ½ hours before departure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter