Meadows pool renovations: how long will it be closed?

I know nothing has been announced yet, but I have read rumors on these boards that a renovation of the Meadows pool at Fort Wilderness may begin in January or February of 2009. If the Meadows pool is going to be closed, does anyone have any idea how long it could be closed? Any ideas as to whether some alternative arrangements will be made by Disney in terms of pool access, or will guests of Fort Wilderness be left only with the smaller pool near the cabins?

I know things are just rumor at this point, but if anyone hears anything on these questions from CMs, I would appreciate it if you could post the info on the boards. I would be plenty thankful!

I would not count on it being rebuilt so soon as the economy seems to be causing Disney to cut back. That being said the money might be in the pipeline already although the CM's are saying there are a lot of cancellations.

My only experience with a main pool closing was at BWV last January. They had a golf cart to ferry people over to YC/BC to use their feature pool, or people could use the quiet pools. I also heard here at the DIS that when the WL main pool was being refurbished, people were allowed to go to CR to swim. So it's possible they will make other arrangements. We'll just have to wait until they tell us what they are to know for sure. The WL pool is not very large, so I'm not sure if it would accommodate so many extra swimmers (especially considering the rumored time frame includes at least part of spring break).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter