ME baggage delivery timing question

erbeaman

Mouseketeer
Our flight is scheduled to arrive at MCO at 8:36 p.m. I know it can take 3-4 hours for bags to be delivered to the rooms after that. How late will they deliver bags? We were hoping to get checked in and get right to bed since it will probably be close to 10 p.m. and we want to get started bright and early the next day at AK. Would it make more sense for us to just collect our own bags?

Our flight is scheduled to arrive at MCO at 8:36 p.m. I know it can take 3-4 hours for bags to be delivered to the rooms after that. How late will they deliver bags? We were hoping to get checked in and get right to bed since it will probably be close to 10 p.m. and we want to get started bright and early the next day at AK. Would it make more sense for us to just collect our own bags?

Not sure how late they would deliver, but I know if your flight lands after 10pm they will not get your lugguge. If you are concerned about the timing, I would not use the ME tags and collect your own bags.

It takes about 3 hours from when you check in to get your bag with ME. That late at night, you're better off getting it yourself and bringing it on the bus. Just remember that unless you're in baggage claim B, you will need to take the elevator back upstairs-go over to concourse B-and go downstairs to ME.

Yes... I would definately get your own bags! My bag got lost last march and they called my room at 2 am to deliver sooo if you want to sleep get em yourself! :lmao::dance3:

Value resorts deliver bags until Midnight. The other resorts deliver 24/7. If plane lands at 8:36 let DME get your checked bags for you. Why hassle with them if you don't have to? Tell the desk when you check in you want your luggage held until the morning, and then put the Privacy Please tag on your door. Call down the next morning and they will bring your bags to your room. It is easy as pie!:)

Even if you decide to get your bags at the airport it is always wise to pack a day's worth of clothing in your carry-on bags, just in case the airline misdirects your luggage.

kat3668 said:
Yes... I would definately get your own bags! My bag got lost last march and they called my room at 2 am to deliver sooo if you want to sleep get em yourself! :lmao::dance3:

ME handles hundreds of bags per week and very few get misrouted.

In addition, it could have been the airline misrouted your luggage and they were looking for it for you while you were enjoying your stay. They may have thought there was something important needed in your bag and. Called you as soon as it arrived.

I would not necessarily suggest everyone get their bags because of one small incident, especially if it was the airline that misdirected it. I am grateful for that extra added service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter