Me and the ‘Rents! - A Sept 2016 PTR - TR Link up!

We are at AK the day before. I think we have a late start that day... maybe a break before dinner and then hopefully going back for the night show depending on if that break takes place.

For me...my trip is all about NOT BEING STUCK AT WORK!!!! It has been hellacious and we are losing over half of our staff the week I leave... we have trained no one to replace the ones leaving and I am the one that usually picks up the slack when others are gone... Going to be a long 2 weeks for those there....

Whoo hooo for NOT BEING STUCK AT WORK!!! :banana: A monster plus to an already plus filled Disney vacation. Too bad for your co-workers, though. Hopefully management will have to suffer some of the burden of all those people being gone so that next time they will be more prepared for so many people leaving. My work does that too though they usually lay a whole bunch of people off and then wonder why things aren't getting done... :rolleyes2

I got the email too for my September and December dates! September ones aren't too bad except our last day but we aren't doing much besides our 3 FPs and an ADR. But one of our December days when we planned to hop to MK at night to see Wishes (because it's always a party time of the year when we go) was just raised to a 9 :eek: I might have to change some plans around when we find out if ROL will be running by then.

Isn't it crazy that a single digit number can just throw one into a tizzy?? But then, that's what comes with the territory of being a crazed WDW fan. And I wouldn't change it! (Except the crowd levels. They should always be low whenever I'm deciding to go. Peasants! Stay away!)

I hope that ROL is running by then but from what other people are saying about the dancers and contracts and rehearsal, etc., a December opening might be a bit of a stretch. But keeping my fingers crossed for you anyway! I just deleted the "Rivers of Light?" comment from my spreadsheet. I don't know what took me so long. We knew a long time ago that there was no way it was happening in Sept. Oh well, hope springs eternal!

Whoo hooo for NOT BEING STUCK AT WORK!!! :banana: A monster plus to an already plus filled Disney vacation. Too bad for your co-workers, though. Hopefully management will have to suffer some of the burden of all those people being gone so that next time they will be more prepared for so many people leaving. My work does that too though they usually lay a whole bunch of people off and then wonder why things aren't getting done... :rolleyes2

Isn't it crazy that a single digit number can just throw one into a tizzy?? But then, that's what comes with the territory of being a crazed WDW fan. And I wouldn't change it! (Except the crowd levels. They should always be low whenever I'm deciding to go. Peasants! Stay away!)

I hope that ROL is running by then but from what other people are saying about the dancers and contracts and rehearsal, etc., a December opening might be a bit of a stretch. But keeping my fingers crossed for you anyway! I just deleted the "Rivers of Light?" comment from my spreadsheet. I don't know what took me so long. We knew a long time ago that there was no way it was happening in Sept. Oh well, hope springs eternal!

Haha yes and the weirdest thing is the dates I bookmarked for next May went down! So they can raise them when we get closer? Because that's what will happen. They raised them last year too so I'm not too surprised but I am suprised that some days are now 9's.

I hope so too! But there's plenty of other things to do if it isn't. After an early dinner I'll jut leave that night open. It's so hard for me to leave a gap anywhere in my schedule for Disney! There's so much to do I just want to fill it with something. :rotfl:

I got the same shock with the email I got about my end of Sept/October dates and my beginning of December dates! What gives ??:confused3 I was most surprised about my beginning of December dates went from like a 2 to a 6 or 7. I'm kinda peeved because I planned both of these trips specifically because of lower crowd predictions.:sad2: Of well, watcha gonna do? Keep calm and Disney on

We are going the first week of September also.... AND the higher numbers don't scare me! :flower: I'm going to be in Disney and nobody is going to rain on my parade!!!!!! :dogdance: We just spent the actual week of Christmas this past year in WDW at Coronado Springs Resort.... you want to talk about CROWDS? I've never seen MK so packed in my life! However, the flip side is that waking up in Disney on Christmas morning was the best day of my life! Well.... maybe second best day. Nooooo... it was probably the best day EVER!! Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that even if it is super duper Christmas day crowded in WDW... if you plan well you will still have a fabulous time! Remember, that the majority of people in WDW don't plan and end up waiting in huge lines and only experience a fraction of the attractions that we do as uber planners! :rainbow:

I think I may want to go with red bottoms if I can find some that aren't super expensive. What I really should do is have the aqua top, purple shorts, and red shoes as a reverse Ariel. Haha. That sounds like a figure skating move or a diving move.

I know you don't have Target any more! That is so sad. It's crazy what happened to their Canada operations. I know someone who works for Target and it was just very poorly managed, unfortunately. Maybe they'll try again sometime.

:rotfl2:hahaha reverse Ariel. We'll hear it sometime over the next two weeks at the olympics, i'm sure of it!
You could also walk on your hands that day and then be upside down regular Ariel!!

I live pretty close to the border, so I just have to make an effort and I still get Target. It was just nice when i could pop in after work instead of planning a trip to the states. However, i always felt the American Target has much better deals than the Canadian one ever did.... maybe its our crappy dollar's fault.

I just got an email update from Touring Plans about my crowd tracker and they are upping the crowd levels at AK on Sept 4th from a 6 to a 9!!!!! :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Saw that too. My sister and I were quite annoyed about the increasing numbers in a supposed to be dead time of year. Oh well, maybe they are wrong!!

So funny, probably about the same time you bought your watershoes, I bought a pair. For no reason other than I just wanted them lol. We don't have an plans to go to a waterpark, but I've always wanted a pair for excursions on beach vacations. I was out at lunch at a place called Canadian Tire, and they had pretty cute ones on sale. So i bought them haha. I agree, it's more important to look good rather than save money!!!

We are getting close!! September is right around the corner!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Haha yes and the weirdest thing is the dates I bookmarked for next May went down! So they can raise them when we get closer? Because that's what will happen. They raised them last year too so I'm not too surprised but I am suprised that some days are now 9's.

I hope so too! But there's plenty of other things to do if it isn't. After an early dinner I'll jut leave that night open. It's so hard for me to leave a gap anywhere in my schedule for Disney! There's so much to do I just want to fill it with something. :rotfl:

I haven't even really LOOKED at May's crowd calendar next year. That's when I want to go with my DMIL but I won't have any specific dates until Nov when my work will finalize their first half of the year schedules. I have a few events that I cannot miss but it's at the whim of the execs schedules. Ugh. Don't they know that I'm trying to plan my Disney vacation???

I got the same shock with the email I got about my end of Sept/October dates and my beginning of December dates! What gives ??:confused3 I was most surprised about my beginning of December dates went from like a 2 to a 6 or 7. I'm kinda peeved because I planned both of these trips specifically because of lower crowd predictions.:sad2: Of well, watcha gonna do? Keep calm and Disney on

I know! I was really hoping for lower crowd levels myself. With people just parting for me as I walk by. And just a smidge cooler weather. I don't ask for much, do I? :laughing:

We are going the first week of September also.... AND the higher numbers don't scare me! :flower: I'm going to be in Disney and nobody is going to rain on my parade!!!!!! :dogdance: We just spent the actual week of Christmas this past year in WDW at Coronado Springs Resort.... you want to talk about CROWDS? I've never seen MK so packed in my life! However, the flip side is that waking up in Disney on Christmas morning was the best day of my life! Well.... maybe second best day. Nooooo... it was probably the best day EVER!! Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that even if it is super duper Christmas day crowded in WDW... if you plan well you will still have a fabulous time! Remember, that the majority of people in WDW don't plan and end up waiting in huge lines and only experience a fraction of the attractions that we do as uber planners! :rainbow:

#UberPlannersUnite!

You are so brave! I'm not sure I would be able to do Christmas at Disney. I've done Easter at Disney and it was out of control!!! I just remember being in Downtown Disney and literally pushing through people to get to my family. And dodging strollers in Tomorrowland. I draw a blank for the rest of the vacation. I've probably blocked it from my memory. I can't IMAGINE what Christmas Day must be like. Maybe if I could just focus on the specialness and not the sea of humanity threatening to drown me! :faint:

:rotfl2:hahaha reverse Ariel. We'll hear it sometime over the next two weeks at the olympics, i'm sure of it!
You could also walk on your hands that day and then be upside down regular Ariel!!

I live pretty close to the border, so I just have to make an effort and I still get Target. It was just nice when i could pop in after work instead of planning a trip to the states. However, i always felt the American Target has much better deals than the Canadian one ever did.... maybe its our crappy dollar's fault.

Saw that too. My sister and I were quite annoyed about the increasing numbers in a supposed to be dead time of year. Oh well, maybe they are wrong!!

So funny, probably about the same time you bought your watershoes, I bought a pair. For no reason other than I just wanted them lol. We don't have an plans to go to a waterpark, but I've always wanted a pair for excursions on beach vacations. I was out at lunch at a place called Canadian Tire, and they had pretty cute ones on sale. So i bought them haha. I agree, it's more important to look good rather than save money!!!

We are getting close!! September is right around the corner!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

I'm really interested to see how the crowds truly end up while we're there! I'll have to make a note to make a note of what I feel the crowd levels are like.

Oh great, you got my psychic message to buy some watershoes so we can be watershoe twins!! :rotfl:

I haven't even really LOOKED at May's crowd calendar next year. That's when I want to go with my DMIL but I won't have any specific dates until Nov when my work will finalize their first half of the year schedules. I have a few events that I cannot miss but it's at the whim of the execs schedules. Ugh. Don't they know that I'm trying to plan my Disney vacation???

I know! I was really hoping for lower crowd levels myself. With people just parting for me as I walk by. And just a smidge cooler weather. I don't ask for much, do I? :laughing:

#UberPlannersUnite!

You are so brave! I'm not sure I would be able to do Christmas at Disney. I've done Easter at Disney and it was out of control!!! I just remember being in Downtown Disney and literally pushing through people to get to my family. And dodging strollers in Tomorrowland. I draw a blank for the rest of the vacation. I've probably blocked it from my memory. I can't IMAGINE what Christmas Day must be like. Maybe if I could just focus on the specialness and not the sea of humanity threatening to drown me! :faint:

I'm really interested to see how the crowds truly end up while we're there! I'll have to make a note to make a note of what I feel the crowd levels are like.

Oh great, you got my psychic message to buy some watershoes so we can be watershoe twins!! :rotfl:

Haha I know! I can't submit my request till Dec and I won't know for sure till Jan. I know we have to do a certain week in May though because I booked a cruise. (May 4-13 would be the dates with the cruise on the 5th-8th).

I'm back!!!!

Did you even know I was gone??

Probably not because under orders from DH I was not to let anyone know that we were gone for a week on vacation.

We just got back from a week Up North as we say here in MN. Every year, my extended family on my mom's side rents out a resort in the Chippewa National Forest. They are actual log cabins that were built in the early 1900s. No TV, limited cell service and limited internet. Which may sound awful but is actually amazing. We've been going for 30+ years now. The cabins have running water and are a little rustic but very charming.

Here we are on our way up with our loaded car. No way can we do it with kids!

upload_2016-8-8_15-53-55.png

And I realize that I don't have any pics of our cabin. They must be somewhere (we have been going there FOREVER) but I didn't take any this trip. Here is one from my sister of my cousin. Note the cabin behind her.

318881_834042501830_1624297355_n.jpg

We do a lot of reading outside. Plus waterskiing, tubing, fishing, outdoor games, card games, and eating!!

Also, while we were there....

WE HIT THE 30 DAY MARK!!!!!

One month until WDW!!!!

I can't believe it. It's going so fast! I've got things to do!!!

To celebrate, I declared that day "Disney Day!" (exclamation point a must) and we celebrated in various ways.

Blair made me a Mickey egg for breakfast.

upload_2016-8-8_16-8-37.png

He used the Mickey egg mold that I got down in WDW.

I wore a Mickey shirt. I made Tiki (room) drinks for everyone (vodka, rum, blue curacao, pineapple juice, and 7up).

And I also made GF/DF Mickey head crispy treats!! This is the one HUGE bummer for being GF at Disney. I can't have any of my beloved Mickey head crispy treats!!

upload_2016-8-8_16-10-52.png

upload_2016-8-8_16-11-3.png

For those I used my parent's Mickey head sandwich cutter that she uses for cookies.

To make it GF/DF, I used GF crispy rice cereal from Aldi, coconut oil (1:1 substitution for butter), and regular marshmallows. It definitely adds a coconut flavor to the crispy treats which isn't my favorite. I do NOT like coconut though it was somehow tolerable in the crispy treats. I'll be making some just for myself with butter and GF crispy rice. The coconut oil was so that my mom could have them too.

When I got home, as I unpacked, I wondered if I should just turn around and pack my Disney stuff. Then I talked myself out of it. Then today, I talked myself into just packing a little. We'll see what happens when I get home! I am feeling weirdly disorganized. So maybe I'll make a list. With a timeline. To make sure that I'm on track.

tumblr_ln5na8Ei9z1qb1eb9o1_500.gif

I really need to get my outfits locked in so I know what else I need to get.

Yes, I am still panicking about my outfits.

<sigh>

The only way I'll come down off the ledge is if I get everything squared away. Maybe I'll do that tonight....

In other Disney news, I found a 2:35pm reservation for Sci-Fi. It's not the 2pm that I wanted but definitely earlier than the 3pm.

I emailed Special Diets with a list of my mom's allergies for the TS restaurants. They sent a list with the GF/DF item substitutions for each CS location. It's not a comprehensive list and doesn't cover things like just asking for a hamburger without the bun, etc. However, most of the substitution items (like hamburger buns/rolls, etc.) include tapioca. Bummer. I think I really need to sit down with my mom and talk about options.

The good thing is that we'll have a car so we can run to Publix/Target and get some appropriate food items to bring into the parks. I'm also wondering if we want a soft sided cooler to bring in to the parks to leave in a locker. That may be going over-board, I don't know. This darn tapioca allergy is the worst!!! I know my mom really struggles with it.

At least at AKL we'll have a kitchen so we can cook some stuff if worst comes to worst. I really don't expect it to be that bad but maybe by the second week she'll want a little more variety. Luckily we have that option. And we should have some time to make some quick meals while we're there.

I also had to move some other dining reservations up. I was talking to my mom and dad about a Boma reservation and I said something about 7:00pm and she said that was too late. She'd rather eat earlier. WHAA???

You are telling me this now?? When we've gone over the schedule again and again??? Are you even listening???

I love my parents. I do. They are great. We are going to have a great trip. But it's moments like these that give me moments of panic over what our trip is going to be like. I think I'll have to print off the schedule and say that it is important to me and would really take off a burden if everyone knew the schedule from memory. Just the which park which day and when our dining reservations are.

Maybe that's a little bit much. But I don't know how else to make them really SEE and UNDERSTAND the schedule. So we can avoid misunderstandings and miscommunications and keep everyone on the same page. Literally.

I think it would also help expectations. Because everyone always says, "Oh Jenna, we don't care what you plan. I'm sure it's all going to be just fine. We trust you." But in their heads, they've already got expectations for what we are going to be doing and when. Especially if we've done things in the past and I'm doing it a little differently this time.

Maybe if I act out the whole vacation while they watch....:rotfl:

I'm joking but also actually considering it. With some audience participation thrown in there as well.

I asked my dad the other day how he learns best - by hearing it, reading it, talking about it, or any combination. He said by reading it. But that is not true because I gave him the schedule last time and he was so mixed up about what time we were supposed to be getting to the parks in the morning. And everyone always asked me what park we were doing the next day even though everyone got the schedule!

Okay, okay. I'm reining in my rant. Thanks for sticking it out with me. I am actually considering putting together a play version of my schedule. Maybe I'll call it: Disney Jenna and the Cursed Schedule Parts 1 and 2 (week one and week two)

Here it is in picture form with all the updates:

upload_2016-8-8_17-11-23.png

Raglan Road still stayed the same. They're just going to have to deal with a 7:30pm dinner there. I want time at Trader Sam's and we have to check into AKL!

26 Days to Go!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE HIT THE 30 DAY MARK!!!!!

Yay! :cheer2::dancer::jumping1::donald:

We're like a week away!

You are telling me this now?? When we've gone over the schedule again and again??? Are you even listening???

:rotfl: I go over the schedule with my boyfriend whenever I make a change, and I don't think he retains any of it. But he's usually pretty okay with anything. I go over it with him so he can tell me if I'm trying to do too much or if an activity doesn't appeal to him at all so it's really for his benefit.

WAIT.... so the Disney Rice Crispie Treats aren't GF??? Why did I think they were? I'm a tad bit shocked!! I was looking forward to eating them this trip ... UGH.

WAIT.... so the Disney Rice Crispie Treats aren't GF??? Why did I think they were? I'm a tad bit shocked!! I was looking forward to eating them this trip ... UGH.

I KNOW!!! They SHOULD be! However, Rice Krispie cereal is not gluten free. Again, should be but they use a malt flavoring in their cereal that is made from barley. Which contains gluten. Which sucks.

So many people are upset about it. Apparently, they had a GF Rice Krispie (in addition to their regular cereal) but they discontinued it in 2011. I don't know why they don't just make the whole cereal GF instead of a GF alternative. Cheerios has done that.

The Mickey ice cream bars are GF! And if you really need a marshmallow crispy treat, I think the Starbucks locations have GF crispy bars. #NotTheSameWithoutTheEars

I KNOW!!! They SHOULD be! However, Rice Krispie cereal is not gluten free. Again, should be but they use a malt flavoring in their cereal that is made from barley. Which contains gluten. Which sucks.

So many people are upset about it. Apparently, they had a GF Rice Krispie (in addition to their regular cereal) but they discontinued it in 2011. I don't know why they don't just make the whole cereal GF instead of a GF alternative. Cheerios has done that.

The Mickey ice cream bars are GF! And if you really need a marshmallow crispy treat, I think the Starbucks locations have GF crispy bars. #NotTheSameWithoutTheEars

Oh well... way to rain on my GlutenFree Parade Rice Krispie Cereal Company!!!!! :sad:

I think I am going to use my Mickey Mouse head cookie cutter to make some GF ones like you showed in your photo above. Those are just super cute! It really does look like you guys had a fabulously relaxing time! on vacation! :flower1:

Yay! :cheer2::dancer::jumping1::donald:

We're like a week away!

:rotfl: I go over the schedule with my boyfriend whenever I make a change, and I don't think he retains any of it. But he's usually pretty okay with anything. I go over it with him so he can tell me if I'm trying to do too much or if an activity doesn't appeal to him at all so it's really for his benefit.

That's what I'll tell my parents. It's for THEIR benefit. Not mine. The things I do for them....:rolleyes1

Oh well... way to rain on my GlutenFree Parade Rice Krispie Cereal Company!!!!! :sad:

I think I am going to use my Mickey Mouse head cookie cutter to make some GF ones like you showed in your photo above. Those are just super cute! It really does look like you guys had a fabulously relaxing time! on vacation! :flower1:

We did have a relaxing time. It was really low key this year. Usually it's a little more active but as we get older, we're more tired! :lmao: Plus, all my energy is going towards this Disney trip!

I've been rocking the list thing! And the calendar thing!

It really helped me to list out all the stuff that I wanted to get done and then put it on a calendar. I've already got some stuff checked off that I had kind of forgotten about in the shuffle.

Throughout the last two years, I have been getting money and Disney GC. Any birthday or Christmas money goes into my Disney fund. I have quite a bit in there which will help with my waterpark ticket, fun drinks, and my lunch with an Animal Specialist. Plus maybe some souvenirs. I haven't printed it out yet, but I've made a very simple Thank You to bring along with me and whenever i use the money or GC, I want to take a picture with the me, the item, and the Thank You. Then I'll send a written thank you with the picture of me enjoying their generous gift!

upload_2016-8-11_15-9-53.png

I'll print it out on an 8-1/2 x 11 sheet of paper. I'm thinking about laminating it so it'll wear longer but I'm afraid of it reflecting back in pictures. I'll definitely print it out on cardstock. Maybe I just need to print out several so that if it gets banged up, I have another and another, etc.

Any other suggestions?

I have also finally picked up some trial contacts. I used to wear them all the time but had to stop because they were messing with my eye shape and making my vision worse. :scared1: Then I got the okay to wear them again. But my vision is really hard to nail down with contacts and now the contacts do not feel good. So I've been going around and around and around trying to find the right strength with the right brand. I'm hoping to figure out at least a somewhat good solution in time for Disney. I also got my prescription so that I can go and get sunglasses. Because I've been either going without sunglasses, putting regular sunglasses over my regular glasses while driving (I look ridiculous, btw), or just wearing regular sunglasses and not be able to see everything that well (I do this mainly while exercising outside). I really need to get prescription sunglasses STAT. Not sure where to get them for a reasonable price, though.

I'm in the process of making CM appreciation cards. I'm going to pair them with a glow bracelet (unactivated). Normally, I would attach a fun and delicious treat but since my food allergies, I find I am more sensitive to the possibility of that in others so I am steering away from food.

The big thing is that I really need to find a blue dress to Disney Bound as Belle. In addition, I need extra batteries for my Kodak Play Sport video camera and more SD cards. I, like @Raeven, am determined to get more video. Good video because I really suck when I'm in front of a camera. I get super nervous and super aware of everything I am doing. I'm Wooden Woman! With the ability to look and sound awkward from every angle!

I'm SURE that the minute I step off the plane, I will transform into a camera goddess. Disney is where dreams come true, right??

Anyway, I found all the batteries, etc on Amazon. AND I found what I think will be a great dress:

upload_2016-8-11_15-30-43.png

It's $18. I think it might be a little long but my mom might be able to fix that. I think it'll be comfortable and cool enough for what I need. I think I can also double it and use it for dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse as well as a MK day. We'll have a washer in our AKL room.

The problem? I want to buy everything together to get free shipping but the dress supposedly is coming in stock on Aug 14th. I'm afraid that it won't be in stock when it's supposed to and my entire order will be delayed. I'm trying to figure out if it is worth the risk. Or if I should just pay the extra shipping to separate my orders. Or I could wait until Monday and if it doesn't say that it's in stock, I can just get my batteries and SD card. That should still give plenty of time to get those in for sure.

Wow. Decision made. Thanks for helping!

My MB have finally shipped!! Now I'm just waiting for them to arrive.

at-work-cookie-monster.gif

A funny thing happened with that today. I went on to MDE and saw that I had one notification, so I clicked on it. There were actually three. The last one had the information about my magic bands and the other two said my PotC FP+ and my TT FP+ both had been modified. Whaaa?? :confused:

So I quickly jumped to my FP+ selection page and checked out my FP+s for PotC and TT. Everything looked fine. Except...wait...we only have two people for our SE FP+. :eek: Whoops! I took a look and sure enough, Mom wasn't included. I easily added her. Thank goodness! But I still didn't understand what was wrong with PotC and TT. I went back to the notification and saw that it was my 9/24 PotC and 9/26 TT. Huh. I'm not going to WDW at the end of Sept. I used the My Itinerary and popped over to 9/24 and 9/26. Nope. No plans.

I said "What is going ON???" really loud in my office. My office-mate asked what the problem was (luckily my boss wasn't there!) and I launched into the explanation. He looked at me blankly and said, "What?" I repeated myself, slowly, reading off the notification. "My 9/24/14 Pirates....ohhhhh." This was from when I went in 2014 and both rides were down on 9/24 and 9/26 so we got anytime FP+s. Apparently the notifications don't expire! And apparently I need to learn how to slow down and read everything before I panic! :headache:

I should have realized something was up when it said just "ONE" notification. Not three. BUT it was really great that I completely misunderstood because it made me take a closer look at all my FP+s and see that I was missing one! I have no idea how that happened. It's so random. Everything else was fine but SE. Luckily it wasn't 7DMT or FEA. That would have been cause for panic!

I'm also lucky to have an office-mate who does care (at least a little bit) about my excitement for Disney and even though he doesn't always get it, he listens!

I'll show you my CM cards when I'm done. It should be soon.

Otherwise, that's all for now!

23 Days to Go!!!!

, like @Raeven, am determined to get more video. Good video because I really suck when I'm in front of a camera. I get super nervous and super aware of everything I am doing. I'm Wooden Woman! With the ability to look and sound awkward from every angle!

Haha me too!

AND I found what I think will be a great dress:

Ooo I like it!

I'm also lucky to have an office-mate who does care (at least a little bit) about my excitement for Disney and even though he doesn't always get it, he listens!

I just talk to you guys at work and sometimes force my co-worker Peter to listen but I only work with him on Sundays :rotfl:

Hello! Finally got to comment, I've been reading but didnt finish until now :teeth: I'm sorry about your gluten sensitivity, but it is a good thing you know so hopefully you will be feeling amazing soon! I am trying to cut back myself, as I've notice I have much more energy when I'm not eating it. The good news is, it seems like there are a lot of GF options at Disney!

Hello! Finally got to comment, I've been reading but didnt finish until now :teeth: I'm sorry about your gluten sensitivity, but it is a good thing you know so hopefully you will be feeling amazing soon! I am trying to cut back myself, as I've notice I have much more energy when I'm not eating it. The good news is, it seems like there are a lot of GF options at Disney!

:welcome: and :thanks: ! I'm not sure that I feel different off of gluten but it could have been a gradual change. Not that I can do this right now, since I need to stay off for 6 months but it would be interesting to eat some gluten again and see how I feel. I have accidentally ingested some gluten but it's been low amounts. Like a small ingredient in a larger food item.

I am so grateful that Disney is so wonderful about food allergies and the sheer number of options available. I'm actually looking forward to eating out!

I had a very rough day at work yesterday. It was just one of those days that chews you up and spits you out. And completely unexpected. I felt incredibly exhausted by the time I got home. I was so worn out that I could barely scrape up enthusiasm for what was waiting for me:

13882599_10210746218910783_6646943488944385756_n.jpg

13920870_10210746219070787_466130658446082797_n.jpg

I know, I know. Terrible, right?? I should have been over the moon! :sad2:

Stupid day.

giphy.gif

And of course, when I am worn out, tired, and upset I start to worry about all the things I need to get done and panic about how they are not getting done. (See what a horrible spiral my brain manages to create??) Obviously, the best thing to do would just relax and just forget about it, right? Right??

Nope.

The best thing to do when my brain is spiraling is to take action. And rest later.

I told my mom about my horrible day and asked if she would come and help me with my Disney outfits. She was at my sister's house painting and she said that I should come over there. And then my sister could weigh in on my choices as well.

But...but...my awful day...and I have all my clothes here...and...and...my awful day! Couldn't everyone just come to ME?

Again, I love my mom, she does a lot for me. However, when it comes to my sisters, I'm the one that has to bend. Probably because I'm the oldest (and awesome :flower3:) and the other two are the "babies". Especially this particular sister who is the youngest. And pregnant. Along with my other sister who is also pregnant. So you can imagine how my mom has taken it up a notch. AND these will be my parent's first grandchildren which makes it even more of a big deal. Which it is. I'm excited. It just makes it a little tougher.

It's actually pretty funny. No matter how old I get, I still fall in to the "She always, I never" complaints that each of us have used since we were kids. I wonder what my sisters think that I get now that they don't...

Anyway, this is about ME and how I don't get MY way. :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

So, I pulled myself together and grabbed ALL the clothes I'm think would work and drag them to my sister's house. 30 minutes away. Along with the Magic Bands. Both my mom and sister were excited to see what the purple MB looked like. It's a very pretty purple. I really like it. My sister thought that the MBs were more bendy than the ones we got in 2014. I'm going to have to grab my old one and see if it feels different.

It took us about an hour but we went through all my clothes and came up with an outfit for each day, so I am DONE with outfits! Bad news, some outfits had to be nixed. It had to be done. I'm a bit bummed about the Ariel one that I was working on but I couldn't find the right bottoms and I technically didn't need the extra outfit.

So, after all my (internal) complaining, it worked out in the end. My sister is really good with this kind of thing and it gave my mom even more familiarity with the schedule, which is another huge bonus.

Here is what we decided.

Arrival day (left) and GKTW day with AK at night (right):

13912320_10210746191030086_8348107873707571743_n.jpg

I may switch clothes for AK but I'm not sure yet. We'll see.

Boma dinner #1/Sanaa meals (left) and resort hopping day (right):

14064094_10210746192870132_7142512986891001400_n.jpg

It's hard to see but the resort hopping shirt is a dark navy blue. It's hard when the bedspread in the guest room is dark as well. I had to take these pictures quickly this morning.

Universal day (left) and Magic Kingdom #1 (right):

13900202_10210746192430121_8553483784402094336_n.jpg

I did end up ordering the blue dress dress from Amazon this past weekend for my Magic Kingdom day #2. The blue dress was listed in stock so cross your fingers it gets here in time and it wasn't a mistake. I've had items that were supposedly back in stock not actually be in stock, they were just expecting a shipment soon. To me that is not in stock but whatever. As long as it comes by Sept 2nd, I'm cool.

Animal Kingdom Days #2 and #3 (shorts on left, skirt on right):

14021729_10210746192070112_6388838108331005747_n.jpg

I may wear the Hakuna Matata tank for the night AK visit but we'll see.

Hollywood Studios Days #1 and #2 (skirt on right):

14021559_10210746191790105_9064719164877869059_n.jpg

Epcot Days #2 and #1:

14039904_10210746191430096_3591327044114429686_n.jpg

The outfit on the right is a Vera Wang shirt I found this weekend. I LOVE it. I'm wearing it to Epcot the day that we are slated for Le Cellier dinner.

That's about it for clothes. Loads of other things to pack but I'm not as worried about those things. This year, I am also going to try going without the small black biking shorts that I usually wear underneath my skirts. I feel the shorts kind of defeat the purpose of wearing a skirt to keep cool. I'm still going to bring the shorts just in case. I asked my sister and mom about going without the shorts and my mom said, "Just wear some cute printed underwear and call it good." :rotfl:Haha, okay. But I still hope that no one SEES my underwear!

What a load off! Even though I was exhausted and upset, it was worth it to push through and get my clothes figured out. So I can rest easy now. Until the next panic. :rotfl2:

No, it should be pretty cool now. I'm on track according to my timeline so there should be no problems! :thumbsup2

Here's to hoping that today is a much better day at work! (I'm STILL exhausted, BTW. :faint:)

giphy.gif

18 Days to Go!

Oh! And Disney has extended some of the Sept hours for their parks so, basically, every park is open from 9am to 9pm. Which gives us an extra hour for our second HS day and our afternoon/evening AK day. Which doesn't mean a whole lot for HS because we're doing the SW fireworks at 8:45pm, which was the original plan. I guess it'll give us something to do if we don't plan on staking out a spot at 8pm. It's great for AK - maybe have one last EE night ride??? :hyper:

Wow. You can totally see how I am out of it from my day yesterday. I forgot to mention that at 20 days to go, I got my hair cut and colored! It feels SO MUCH better. It had been so long since I had gotten it cut. I was growing it out for my sisters wedding last Nov and then Blair really likes it long (men and women with long hair! :rolleyes:) so I made a deal that I would keep it long until my Disney trip.

It was a tough road with the heat and my hair. I just had to keep it back in a ponytail all summer. It got so long that even in a ponytail when it was hot, it would wrap around my neck and stick because I was sweating. I felt like I was being strangled any time I played volleyball! And I got a net violation last time I played because I swung my head and my hair hit the net. (The ref was not our usual ref. He should NOT have called me in the net. Hair doesn't count as a net violation! Ugh!) So I was beyond ready for my shorter hair!!

So from this....

14034770_10210732373724662_7573191772281814869_n.jpg

....to this:

13938501_10210732374444680_3822104647466236637_n.jpg

Ta da!

14040178_10210732375004694_7351467475957113796_n.jpg

It looks SO MUCH BETTER! And it feels better too.

Okay, I think I'm finally done with updates for the day.

No promises. :lmao:

18 days to go minus an hour since the last update!

Well...let's be accurate. It's my job. It is actually 17 days, 20 hours, and 50 mins until we board the plane to Disney.

Glad we got that straightened out.

Now, let's all have a good day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter