• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MDE Help Needed- Planning for Large Group

tink2

DIS Veteran
We are planning a big family trip in December- 11 people- we've been together many times.
The group is 3 rooms. The reservations were made all under one name and payment. When I sign on to MDE- all I see is my family of four. Everyone else in the group is listed under my family and friends- our settings are all set to allow each other to see the other reservations. However, we can not see each other. It is a while before we can do FP+ of course, however, when i pull that up- I don't even see my other 3 members of my house- just me.
Any tips on how to fix all this? Is there a way to do it on the computer or do I have to call?

This may have been discussed before on here- but I can't find a thread about this in particular.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

On seeing the reservation -- my only thought is that it might be like cruises -- even if I book and pay the entire thing, if we get two connecting rooms then we end up with two reservation #s, one is my husband's and one is mine. So even though one person booked and paid, since you reference it as "other reservations" it sounds like that might be it.

On the FP -- my only thought is that maybe it has to do with linking of tickets?

Either way, it sounds like it might be worth the time it would take to call Disney IT and make sure that everything is in order just in case there is a problem. True it will take time, but peace of mind is lovely.

Agree with the PP, but I would add that what you are seeing is likely normal--so normal that I have bolded it in the first post in the green link in my signature. If that does not sound like your situation, then contact Disney IT to give you the peace of mind.

OK- thanks guys- we will be calling soon to be sure. One person booked all 3 rooms and packages and paid for them- but it is like 3 different packages- so we have 3 package confirmation numbers. For some reason- it isn't linking everyone together in the FP+ section of MDE. We keep getting error messages a lot too on the site. *sigh*
Mesaboy2- love your thread- it will be very helpful in planning our trip- this will be our first with the magicbands and the new system. Thank you for putting it all together for everyone!

When we were planning our big family trip, we encountered lots of flakiness getting everyone linked together as "friends" (people not linked, duplicates in friend list). We needed a couple of phone calls to IT to get it all straightened out before the 60 day FP+ booking window.

You won't see each others reservations #'s in MDE. Try looking at it through the app on your phone or other device. You should be able to see the reservations there. Everyone else WILL be listed under your family and friends that is correct. It sounds like you are doing it correctly. I am currently planning for a family trip of 11. My Dad made our hotel reservations. I cannot see his on MDE on my computer, only the app. I can see the one I am listed under though.

Do you have one person in each family managing all of their family members or does each person have their own MDE account?

When I did the same for my family - 12 people, 4 rooms, different reservation numbers - even though I had booked all of them, I had to assign an adult to each room. Although I thought of them all as "mine", they were assigned to one adult family member in each room, some of whom had an MDE account and some didn't. I thought something looked wrong in MDE (some of us could see each other, some couldn't on our Friends and Family list). I called IT, they were very helpful, what I suspected was a problem was not, but on the phone they said there was a different problem I hadn't even realized & they straightened me all out so that I wouldn't encounter troubles on FP selection day.

That's all as far as having the Friends and Family list show up and shared reservations (like hotel and dining) visible to all. Mesaboy steered you to his thread explaining that you won't see ANYONE but yourself on the FP page until the moment your FP booking window opens.

Thanks guys~ you have been very helpful!!!! I think everything is right- but I will be making a call to IT to be sure before our FP day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter