MCO Hyatt - Stay or not to stay?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by 2prettygirl, Apr 5, 2013.

1. 2prettygirl

2prettygirl Mouseketeer

We are considering staying here the night before our cruise and I was just curious what there is to do here. Is there much to keep a family entertained being it's inside of an airport? Are the restaurants in the airport open late for a fast food type meal as we will have our little ones with us therefore don't think the Hyatt restaurants would be a good idea. :)

We have always stayed in Cocoa Beach the night before cruising as there is so much to see and do upon arrival. Just looking for ideas and thoughts.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KEMdisney

KEMdisney DIS Veteran

We just booked here today! We are 4 adults, and our flight doesn't get in until 8pm - so our situation is different than yours. Im curious what others will say! :)

FYI - I googled a free promo code for Last Minute Travel Club membership. Once signed up (for free) I was able to book a room for $108. I was originally planning on booked for $212 so I was very excited to get this deal today!

4. MaleficentRN

MaleficentRN DIS Veteran

What time are you planning on arriving? They have a nice pool, you can watch planes take off and land, all the major parks have stores in the airport, (Disney, Universal, Sea World) That sounds like enough to wear out the kids to me.
    And the hotel restaurants have kids menus.

5. hamm1207

hamm1207 Alaskan DIS Veteran

We like to walk over to the food court for dinner than wander through the shops. After that it's off to the pool area to sit around and watch planes!

6. Achray

Achray Earning My Ears

We have stayed here before and will again for our cruise next January. It is great. We usually arrive around 10:15 pm. Some of the food places are still open but not many at that time. It is so easy to just take the elevator down and walk over to disney cruise line exit. No worries.

7. jgura

jgura Discruiser

We recently stayed at the Hyatt MCO precruise and have stayed in Port Canaveral many times. We like the Hyatt much better than the 2 hotels we've stayed at in PC. We had family flying in at different times and we all stayed at the Hyatt and could share transportation in the morning. This way no one had to wait around in the airport waiting for flights. The rooms were clean and up to date. Port Canaveral is getting run down. The pool deck is nice, too cold for us to swim at night in March, but depending on the time of year, you could utilize it.

Transportation pick up in the morning was easy and we had our liquor stop on the way to the port.

Have fun!

8. PWammy

PWammy Mouseketeer

I have a few reservations around Orlando and Cocoa Beach, but haven't made a decision. The best rate I saw for the Hyatt was $143 (pre-paid), just wasn't sure if I'd be stuck in a room with a 4 year old and not much to do. THe airport Marriott was $109, but that's a shuttle ride.

9. DisneyForLife

DisneyForLife DIS Veteran

Could you please tell me where you saw the Hyatt for 143.00, I have only seen it for 170.00 except for last minute travel which is 126.00 (including taxes).

Thank You

10. artemis908

artemis908 EPCOTnaut

If you get a Hyatt gift certificate (Choice Stay) and book the stay as a gift certificate stay it'll cost $151 including tax. That's what we did.

11. Mickdeb

Mickdeb DIS Veteran

On the Hyatt's site I got $143 prepay for my dates later this month.

12. PWammy

PWammy Mouseketeer

THe Hyatt website, it's fluctuating though, sometimes it's $189

13. MaleficentRN

MaleficentRN DIS Veteran

Hotel prices fluctuate depending on occupancy. Less empty rooms= higher prices.

14. IndyMouseFan

IndyMouseFan Earning My Ears

If you are a Costco member, you can book through their website. My rate is $152.10 and I didn't have to pre-pay. Enjoy your trip!

15. Patricia1

Patricia1 Love everything Disney!

When we don't go to WDW prior to cruise we stay at Hyatt. Restaurants are fine with kids, DD has been cruising since 10 mths and have always found them to be accommodating. It's quite comfortable, I got at 109 rate (not prepaid) on their website for Aug trip. Have fun!

16. SeeDisney

SeeDisney <font color=red>I drove by my WAWA <br><font color

We too may be flying in late and highly considering this hotel. Can they fit six people, four children, two adults in one room?

I really don't want to pay for two rooms as I am paying enough for everything else!

17. tinkmom2

tinkmom2 DIS Veteran

We stayed at the MCO Hyatt several times for a day room. This last time we had a double bed room but once when our plane had a mechanical problem we stayed in a room overnight with one bed and a chaise lounge. We made that work and they have roll away beds you can request. Our double bed room was huge with a balcony. As the PP stated, there are tons of shops to go to and places to eat. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2820800&page=7

18. ksagan

ksagan Dreaming about Disney.

Do they have a free shuttle to the port?

19. MaleficentRN

MaleficentRN DIS Veteran

No. They have no port shuttle. You'd be hard presses to find any hotel offer free port shuttles, anymore.

20. MaleficentRN

MaleficentRN DIS Veteran

Only if you get a suite with a rollaway. A standard room is two doubles

21. m4travel

m4travel <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ DIS Lifetime Sponsor

We always fly in the day before sailing. Day-of flights are too risky unless we have a really early flight and there are later flights that would still get us there before the ship sails!.

And when sailing out of Port Canaveral we stay at the MCO Hyatt: browse through the shops, have dinner, and to bed so we can be up bright-and-early the next day (we used to travel from the west coast, so lost 3 hours).

As an additional plus, the hotel handled our luggage from our room to Disney to the ship; no hassles.