MCO Full Body Scanners?

The THOUSANDS STANDING AROUND strike again.

"Gee a terrorist would NEVER fly with a kid, why do we even bother to screen them"

LOL!

(And you think this protects you? From what? The world's dumbest terrorist MIGHT not be able to find a way around the TSA but anyone with half a brain...)

I have surgical hardware and always set off the metal detector, requiring a pat down. The last time we flew through Orlando, a TSA agent told me I'm better off going through the scanner because they can see that it's surgical hardware and it wouldn't require a pat down and then he gave me the option of going through the scanner or the metal detector. I opted to try the scanner and sure enough - no pat down was needed.

I'll now opt for the scanner when it's available. While I don't love the pat down, I don't hate it either. I allow enough time for it and I fly enough that I'm fully aware of the procedures & my rights.

I am surprised that they let you through with a cell phone. You are supposed to remove cell phones, wallets, belts (even those with a plastic buckle which can go through x-ray), change, keys, and bulky jewelry.

If they saw or I saw it, would have gone in the box. I had a walker, dgs that never flew, and panicked 16 year old, son bringing up the rear with stroller and carryon's. Just an oversite on my part. But as crowded as it was, we got through in less then 15 minutes to kid in stroller, retriving the walker, and repacking elect and carryon's.

If you only fly ever few years, not seasoned, it is a bit more frazzeled.

The THOUSANDS STANDING AROUND strike again.

"Gee a terrorist would NEVER fly with a kid, why do we even bother to screen them"

LOL!

(And you think this protects you? From what? The world's dumbest terrorist MIGHT not be able to find a way around the TSA but anyone with half a brain...)

So we should just not have any security check? Or we should only do things that everyone can agree are ok, which would again mean nothing?

You will never get everyone to agree on what methods are reasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter