McDonald's Certificates At Restaurantosaurus Or Sunaulo Toran Fries??

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by mtblujeans, Apr 26, 2004.

1. mtblujeans

mtblujeans DIS Veteran

Since Restaurantosaurus and Sunaulo Toran Fries are McDonald's, can you use McDonald's gift certificates at these restaurants?

I am thinking, again, of pre-paying with gift certificates....

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Lisa loves Pooh

Lisa loves Pooh DIS Veteran

Not sure if they do--but I don't think you would benefit from it cost wise--

The prices are certainly higher than at a regular McDonald's and as far as I know it is a 1:1 ratio on the GC purchase.

4. mtblujeans

mtblujeans DIS Veteran

I understand, however, we do not have a sales tax in Montana. That might help a little....but do they take the certificates??

5. Lisa loves Pooh

Lisa loves Pooh DIS Veteran

I think when you purchase GC (at least in Fla)--there is no sales tax on the purchase...I think the only way you save is if the GC was for a specific item--like large fry or coke or something...but if it is for a dollar amount...then in florida when you purchase the gc--you pay face value adn then pay the tax at redemption-

you have a $5 gc--meal comes to $4--after tax ~$4.24 (don't know the tax at WDW so based on my county)--then your change from the GC would be $0.76

6. mtblujeans

mtblujeans DIS Veteran

I found out on our trip in June that they DO NOT take McDonald's gift certificates. They are not a true McDonald's so they refuse to take them. Most of the employees working there can tell you they don't take anything from McDonald's....but they don't seem to know why.