1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

May the Fourth be with us! Magic 5/4/2013

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by cruisecrasher, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Rtcounts

Rtcounts Earning My Ears

New to FE..... How does it work?? :cool2:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. rewhitingjr

rewhitingjr Living the Disney Dream

4. Rtcounts

Rtcounts Earning My Ears

It sounds fun. I think we'll participate. Is there anyway of knowing a rough guess of how many people participate?? I have a few gifts in mind. Just kinda confused............... Information overload maybe.........:confused3

5. syrumani

syrumani Earning My Ears

I haven't booked yet . . . waiting until I have the 20% to put down . . . but I did ask for this week off from work, so at least that part is finished!

I have never been on a Disney cruise before, but my sister has been on a couple. This will be the first real vacation our family has taken, and I am really excited!

There will be 4 of us - DH and I, then DS(9) and DD(6) . . .

Nichole

6. syrumani

syrumani Earning My Ears

It's official! The deposit has already been debited from my acct!:banana:

I will be traveling with Martin (DH), Russell (9) and Sydney (6).:hippie:

7. syrumani

syrumani Earning My Ears

8. rewhitingjr

Just made my final payment. :dance3: Already reserved parking space in Galveston port.

Mom went to heaven on December 4 last year so it will be just Dad and I on this cruise. :cloud9:

Very excited to introduce Dad to Disney cruising - he has cruised with other companies but never DCL.
    It will also be good Father / Son quality time. :hyper2:

We plan to Snuba and visit Stingray City in Cayman, kayak and snorkel in Cozumel, and brunch and dinner at Palos.

Only 3 months, 3 weeks and 4 days to go! Is everybody getting excited? Who is up for FE?

9. syrumani

syrumani Earning My Ears

You are so on the ball! I, on the other hand, am going to pay the balance at the last possible moment! I haven't even looked into excursions yet!

One reason I am putting off paying in full is because my husband thinks he may get transferred to North Carolina. We should definitely know by the time final payment is due . . . So, come May 4, I will either be in Galveston or NC. If we do move, we will have to reschedule for something later out of PC.

10. carmie3377

carmie3377 Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

WooHoo! Just booked this cruise for hubby and me! Never cruised w/out the kids but they will be less than 2 months out of a Fantasy birthday cruise so they will survive :-). We had some DVC points banked that needed to be used up and since I won't rent them out, we're just gonna use them on this cruise. We are super excited!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

11. rewhitingjr

I have a nephew who is stationed at Fort Bragg living with his family. They enjoy it.

If you decide to stay with us and sail on May 4th, let me know if you want to participate in FE.

Good luck!

12. rewhitingjr

Welcome aboard! :cool1:

I took my family (kids and grandkids) on Dream cruise last June - this time I'm introducing my 86 year old father to DCL sans kids.

Want to participate in FE? Here is the link to sign up: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979174

13. carmie3377

Thanks! I'll think about the FE. When is the deadline to join in?

We aren't telling our kids that we are leaving them until we get off the Fantasy in March. It's a surprise for their bdays :-). Anyway, they would have a fit if they thought momma and daddy were cruising w/o them when they have been begging to go back for 2 years. DS tells me at least once weekly that he needs a cruise, lol. It'll be easier to break the news that they aren't going on the MAgic with us when they are fresh off the Fantasy :-)

What a great time to have with your dad! My dad was in the navy for 6 years during Vietnam and he has no desire to ever get on a ship again. But our son is his absolute favorite person on this earth. Maybe one day our son can convince him to come along!

14. rewhitingjr

FE deadline is March 11th. That will give everybody 8 weeks to prepare their gifts.

I can identify with kids having fit - I went on NY Magic cruise w/o kids two months after taking family last year on Dream. My grandkids still don't understand why Grandpa can't take them everywhere he goes.

My Mom and Dad's partner of 62 years passed away December 4th last year. Since then my Dad and I are getting closer every day. God has truly blessed me with family all my life.

15. carmie3377

We'll be on the Fantasy then so I'll let you know before we set sail.

So sorry to that about your mom. But WOW, 62 years of marriage :-). It's great that you are there for your dad and he for you. Hope the 2 of you have a fantastic cruise. Sounds like you 2 deserve it!

16. syrumani

syrumani Earning My Ears

Like I said on the FE thread . . . I'm in until I'm out! LOL :cool1:

I am planning on staying at this point. :woohoo:

17. rewhitingjr

So happy your staying ... at this point. :dance3:

18. syrumani

syrumani Earning My Ears

Disney extended the kids sail free to the end of April now . . . if they extend it again, do you think the travel agents would be able to adjust our booking to reflect the KSF? :confused3

It would be nice . . . 'cause then our trip would be paid for already! :cool1:

19. rewhitingjr

You could try to have your TA adjust your booking but according to DCL rules the KSF discount only applies to new bookings:

20. syrumani

syrumani Earning My Ears

Well, I just checked, and so far there are still rooms available in the 9c category . . . I guess I'll just have to cross my fingers! :thumbsup2

21. rewhitingjr

Crossing my fingers and bowing to the DCL powers in hopes you get your request. :worship: Good Luck!