May 30th, 2015 - Fantasy Western Carribean

We are booked on this cruise! This is our first cruise and we are all very excited! I have never posted on a forum before!:)

There will be me (Connie), my husband - Bill, daughter - Amanda (22), son -Ryan (18) and son - Jacob (7).

We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary, my daughters college graduation and my sons high school graduation!

For those wanting in on the FE, Email me your info and I will add it to the roster. I have it on a spreadsheet that I can send to you. Look at post 94 for the info I need.

Also - Cindy, I tried to Email you twice through the username drop down menu. Either you can't get E-mail either, or they went to spam.

I'm just going to put one of my secondary emails below.

Thanks

Jeff Ruddock
fsu88@bex.net

Well I can't email until I've made 15 posts and I can't personal message until I hit ten posts so here's another post -- where did you get that wonderful fish extender? Etsy? Make it yourself? Ideas please and thanks!!

If I made one my self it would be zip lock bags held together with zip ties. I had someone from ETSY make ours, but it's been 2 years and I do not recall the vendor. Do a search there, as there are many that make excellent looking ones.

Also any ideas for the FEE goodies would be appreciated. For those families who have participated in the past, what was the favorite your family have? Favorite received? Ideas on where to find gifts?

We've gotten everything from simple candy to elaborate homemade gifts and we loved them all. There are just so many choices. I like bringing something small from where I live rather than Disney items. My first FE, I made a personalized journal for everyone.
Here is a photo of the gifts from our last cruise. Some of the gifts were awesome. Personalized beach bag was a standout.

Jeff once again great info. Yep if I make mine it won't be pretty so I will head to Etsy for help!! I emailed your other address just now. Hopefully you will receive it! Let me know!
Have a great day!

For those wanting in on the FE, Email me your info and I will add it to the roster. I have it on a spreadsheet that I can send to you. Look at post 94 for the info I need.

Thanks

Jeff Ruddock

My BFF (Jessica) and I will be on this cruise with you guys and we would love to do the FE!

Jeff, I am still new to DIS (I think I have 10 posts or something). I can start emailing at 15, right? I can email you the information needed as soon as I make 15.

So excited for May!
:jumping1:
Jenn

My BFF (Jessica) and I will be on this cruise with you guys and we would love to do the FE!

Jeff, I am still new to DIS (I think I have 10 posts or something). I can start emailing at 15, right? I can email you the information needed as soon as I make 15.

So excited for May!
:jumping1:
Jenn

Hi Jenn

Email me your info and I will add you to the cruise roster and FE list. See previous posts on what info to include.
Thanks
Jeff
Jeff Ruddock
fsu88@bex.net

Just an update to those following along. We are signing up for private mixology classes now. Let me know if you are interested. Joy has designed a Tshirt, let me know if interested in the purchase details. 5th FE group is also filling up. Closing in on the PIF date. Thinking about it is a good diversion to forget that this FEB was the 2nd coldest month ever recorded in Toledo.

We will be on the May 30th cruise. This is our second Disney cruise and second time on the Fantasy. Traveling with me (Erin) is DH (Mike), DD Emma (11), and DS Ryan (9 at cruise time). We would love to participate in the FE. This will be our first FE so we are open for any advice. Thanks so much!

HI Erin

Here is an earlier post with more info to include (a few edits, in bold, made to original)

Welcome to the cruise meet.

We did the Fish Extender Exchange (FE or FEE) on our last 2 cruises and had great fun giving and getting gifts. There are tons of threads on the subject on this site, just give a search. In a nutshell, you exchange gifts with others in your assigned group. Some opt to give a gift to each person in each cabin, some just give one gift per cabin and some do both. You do what you can afford and feel comfortable with. The gifts are left in 'fish extenders', which are like a mail pouch that is hung from the 'fish' outside each cabin door. Disney uses these knobs (Fish on Port side, Seahorse on Starboard side and Starfish on Concierge) to deliver ship to cabin correspondence. The fish extender hangs on these knobs and has one or several pouches where others can deliver their gifts. Here is an example of what we use, on my wall and on our cabin. You can see some examples of FE gifts on our door. Bottlecap magnets, Mickey head magnets, name magnets, door hangers, White boards and magnetic grip marker. I made the whiteboard, door hangers and most of the magnets on our door. - continued after these pictures

Anyway - if you would like to do this, we will group you with (approx.) 14 other cabins. Each group has (approx.) 15 cabins, and you are filling out our 4th (5th) group. We will start on a 5th group next.

Since you are new, I know you cannot private message until you have 15 posts, and I'm not sure if you can E-mail me or not. By hovering over my username, a drop down should come up with the option to E-mail me. I will use the same method to E-mail you my personal Email. If you want to be in the FE, we need some more info that you may not want to post on this public site.
(Just e-mail me at fsu88@bex.net)

Last name - as some may want to personalize gifts. Optional
Cabin number - for delivery of course. If not assigned, just let me know and just update once it is assigned.
Hometown. Just a neat way to see if others on the cruise are near you. In past cruises we had some so close they met before the cruise just to say hi.
Special requests. Let us know of any food allergies or maybe a favorite character.
Interest in private Mixology class. With enough participants, Disney will host a mixology class just for members of our group. On our last cruise the women did this while some of the men just met by the pool bar for a cold beer or 2(actually more than 2)
Castaway 5K - If you plan to run or walk this, you can let us know. Last cruise we had 2 groups go together, one running and one walking. Nice to stay with the group if you are not a serious runner

Once you are added to the FE, I will send you a copy of the spreadsheet with all the other participants.

Feel free to ask me any other questions and I will answer the best I can.

Cheers
Jeff

This site has a wealth of info on the FE gift exchange, as I believe someone from this forum came up with the idea years ago. Do a search on the subject and you will be reading for days. Scan some of the previous posts in this thread to see some of the other things we have planned.
90 days from tonight!!

Cheers
Jeff

This is our first time on a cruise, let alone a Disney Cruise! We are completely new at this, but looking forward to making some great memories! We have a family of 5- me (Michele), my husband (Dan), and three girls, 10, 7, and 4 at the time of the cruise.

This is our first time on a cruise, let alone a Disney Cruise! We are completely new at this, but looking forward to making some great memories! We have a family of 5- me (Michele), my husband (Dan), and three girls, 10, 7, and 4 at the time of the cruise.
Welcome aboard.

Also - Cindy, I tried to Email you twice through the username drop down menu. Either you can't get E-mail either, or they went to spam.

I'm just going to put one of my secondary emails below.

Thanks

Jeff Ruddock
fsu88@bex.net
Hi Jeff,
I wasn't able to email you (per Post 94) so I sent an email to the address listed above. Per my email, we are a little late to the game but are reserved now. The Cooper Family would like to be added to the FE for this trip. Our family includes my husband (Chad), our son (Grayson Age 3) and me(Ashley)!! Please let me know if you need more information and if you have not received my email.

Thanks so much!!!

Hi there :wave2:

Can't wait until the cruise!!! Soooooo excited and ready for some warm weather. We're going to do the FE this time. Jeff, I'll send you our info asap :teeth: Thanks so much for taking charge of this task.

Heather

Welcome to all the new cruisers. We expected some more to come aboard as the normal PIF date approaches.
Heather, I got your info and added both cabins to the FE. You are filling out the 5th FE group. Each group has about 15 cabins, with about 50 cruisers in each. I will reply and give you more details.

Jeff

Hello Everyone,

We just booked this cruise!! This is our third Disney cruise and it will be me, my mother and my three children, Thomas 10, Joseph 8 and Lilly 5. It will be Lilly's birthday on the cruise so she is super excited!! I can't wait to get caught up on this board. I usually do not wait till the last minute to book but we were not able to confirm dates until now. I am really hoping to still get in with one of the FE groups. This was a huge deal for kids the last two times and they loved seeing what came everyday. Thomas is autistic and he still talks about "the booty" he received. Please let me know if it is still possible. Can't wait to meet my fellow cruisers in the warm sunshine!!

Heather

Hello Everyone,

We just booked this cruise!! This is our third Disney cruise and it will be me, my mother and my three children, Thomas 10, Joseph 8 and Lilly 5. It will be Lilly's birthday on the cruise so she is super excited!! I can't wait to get caught up on this board. I usually do not wait till the last minute to book but we were not able to confirm dates until now. I am really hoping to still get in with one of the FE groups. This was a huge deal for kids the last two times and they loved seeing what came everyday. Thomas is autistic and he still talks about "the booty" he received. Please let me know if it is still possible. Can't wait to meet my fellow cruisers in the warm sunshine!!

Heather
Hi, I will add you to the FE group. Please Email me some more info, mainly just stateroom number. (fsu88@bex.net) I can then send you the spreadsheet with the FE groups. We are already on our 6th group. A spreadsheet is just the best way to organize the FE IMHO, and they do not want us to post links to google documents here.
Welcome aboard,
Jeff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter