May 26 - June 2, 2012 From Reality to Fantasy

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by Dawncala, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Luv2Diz

Luv2Diz We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Fantastic TR... I read the entire thing this evening! The antics of Perry were a hoot! And now I want to book a cruise on the Fantasy more than ever. Thanks for sharing your cruise! :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Dawncala

Dawncala Collector of magical memories and pixie dust

Thank you everyone. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Your kind comments put me on :cloud9:.

Have a great cruise Strawberry! I will keep an eye out for a trip report.

4. Sugarglider

Sugarglider DIS Veteran

thanks for doing this trip report - it was EPIC! lots of great photos (esp. food) and showing lots of different activities, the room, and it was nice to see your family having such a great time. thanks for your effort :goodvibes

5. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

Wonderful trip report! Thanks so much for posting so many photos! I really enjoyed reading it. :goodvibes

6. meajuly5

meajuly5 DIS Veteran

This was fantastic! Really enjoyed! How did you request Palo soufflé? Just ask your server?

7. lizzyb

lizzyb DIS Veteran

Great review! Thanks for sharing!

8. Ninja Mom

Ninja Mom Atention People of Earth, I come in Peace

You did an AWESOME job writing this trip report! Now I have a really good idea about what to expect if we should ever decide to take a cruise. Thanks for all the great photos and all the time you spent filling us in! :worship:

~Ninja Mom

9. Dawncala

Yes. We just asked our server (who consulted with her section lead) a day or two in advance. Remember there are no guarantees, and we were reminded of that on our most recent cruise (Feb 15, 2013) We asked for a Palo chocolate souffle again and we were very, very politely denied. Apparently so many people have been asking for them that they've been having to say no to that request. You might get lucky on your cruise though. Just in case, make sure to make dinner reservations in Palo and have one (or more) then. ;)

10. Elain3crowder

Elain3crowder Earning My Ears

We r leaving may 4th on the fantasy. The only night available to get into dinner at palo was the last night. why do they save the animators palate show for the last night? Didn't u eat there 2 days before? Is this typical? I was hoping we wouldn't miss anything but if we get your rotation we will:(

11. wilma-bride

wilma-bride <<This space intentionally blank>> Moderator

What a fantastic trip report. Thank you so much. If possible, I am even more excited for our cruise on the Fantasy in October after reading this :)

12. Kira G.

Kira G. DIS Veteran

Thanks for such a great trip report!

We are planning to sail the Dream in summer 2014 (soooo very far away!) and I love all your photos and tips. What a great vacation!

13. Kristina - Mom

Kristina - Mom Mouseketeer

Fabulous Trip Report! We are headed on the Fantasy in August for a 7 night Eastern Caribbean Cruise.....our first Fantasy trip so this was so helpful....

Kristina

14. A's Princess

A's Princess Mouseketeer

Bravo! Awesome trip report - I read it all tonight.

Thanks for the great tips. Can't wait to use them next April on our Fantasy cruise!

15. joyvrolyat

joyvrolyat Earning My Ears

I was not really sure what a trip report was but how I have seen this it was amazing to view all your post with pictures. We will be sailing on the Fantasy in September and I just can't wait. Wonderful info, great photos and a beautiful family, oh and Perry is cute too !!!!

16. Dawncala

I'm not sure what is typical, but there may be an easy fix. Call Disney Cruise Line and request a dining rotation that will NOT put you in Animator's on the last night. While DCL will not be able to guarantee it, I have requested which rotation I've wanted on my last three cruises and have had my request granted all three times. :thumbsup2

Another idea would be to change your Palo reservation after you get on board. By then you will know your dining rotation and if it does conflict then go make the request. Again, no guarantees, but I bet it happens.

:tinker: Faith, trust and Pixie dust my friend.

17. mamaprincess

mamaprincess DIS Veteran DVC Gold

You and your husband are ridiculous! I cannot wait to show my DDs your cheese description. They will gag! They hate brie which I and their grandmother love. You guys remind me of my dh an I. I usually start off the foolishness and it goes from there. :rotfl:

18. Dawncala

Thanks mamaprincess! I went back and read about the cheese again and it got me laughing all over again. We are going on the Fantasy again next year and I can't wait to make my reservation for Remy. Bring on the cheese!

19. mamaprincess

mamaprincess DIS Veteran DVC Gold

LOL! I called my mom to read her your Remy experienced and we both howled with laughter. We are going on the Fantasy again next year as well and I will absolutely be making a reservation at Remy. I hope I can hold it together when my waiter launches into the cheese descriptions!

20. Aggiefan92

Aggiefan92 Earning My Ears

Just went through your entire TR and I'm exhausted - in a good way! I actually felt the same sadness at the end of your report that we did at the end of our first Disney cruise! We leave on Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8 weeks from today. Here's a few tips I learned from your TR
    Head to Cookies 2 far end of CCay for better chance of a better beach spot.
    Ask for desserts even if not on menu - I noticed Lava Cake on only one night but if u can get a soufflé surely I can get lava cake on another night! Hopefully?
    Check out all the bathrooms and see all the fine detail that went into the entire ship.
    We also are using Avis so for an 11am PAT what time should I drop the fam and luggage off to still have time to take car back and shuttle( or cab) back to the Terminal to board with them?
    Thanks for the report!

21. Dawncala

Thanks for reading! We have booked our first Eastern Caribbean for next year. If you have an tips or tricks for me after your cruise I'd love to hear them.

Regarding asking for desserts... it's funny you should mention the lava cake. On our most recent cruise I tried to get the Palo chocolate souffe again. Unfortunately I was not able due to a policy change. But since our dining lead knew my DS loves the lava cake he tried to make up for it by bringing us not one, but four special order lava cakes on our last night. (We ended up with 8 desserts on our table :lmao:) Since the lava cake is on the regular dining room menus I'm sure you can ask to have it more than once.

Regarding car rental drop off. The way we have always done our car drop is we all go to the rental agency and drop the car together. Then the agency shuttle drops us off right at the terminal door. We always have an 11:00 AM check in time, so we take the car over at about 10:15-10:30. The Avis agency keeps track of when Disney begins allowing terminal drop-offs and as soon as they are given the all clear they take you all right over.

Have a great trip!