May 23, 2009 (5/23/09) E. Caribbean w/Tortola

Nope, we lucked out, we didn't get sick....just depressed being back from that spectacular week! :thumbsup2

I hate to say we missed that first night at the Rockin' Bar D with Match Your Mate and all. The ship was doing a little bit too much rocking for me to go there. So at dinner I excused myself and went back to the stateroom. I was bummed because the D is our nighttime hang out on our cruises. We are depressed having left David, DJ Mike, Oscar (our favorite tennis player!!), Ari, Max, etc.....everything from the food, the staff, characters, being with friends again, OMG and that HYPNOSIS show in the D!! One of my personal faves!!! It was great!! :banana:

Thanks DCL, see ya June 2010!!! :cloud9: :lovestruc

:hippie:

Pictures first, details later...

This was the second martini tasking - the first involved gin - I didn't even know there were two different ones (not that it would have mattered - I don't really like gin any more than vodka). I did this more for the experience than from any love of vodka or martinis - as a matter of fact, they taste smell like the alcohol we used to keep under the bathroom sink to clean blemishes - made me want to find a rag and start cleaning paint off the floor.

The CM conducting the tasting..... very proud of her Polish heritage and vodka!!

p437745900-4.jpg

The complement of martinis, shakers etc.

p65738199-4.jpg

First martini - classic, with olive - one sip was enough for me (no offense, just personal taste)

p26160905-4.jpg

Cosmo martini - this I could drink

p63642958-4.jpg

The remaining two - one was a "toblerone" martini, including Baileys, Kahlua, Godiva (this was most edible) and the other was citrusy, contained lemoncella (sp?) - pretty good.

In short, I enjoyed the experience, but am not a martini convert (would never choose one over wine).

My once-every-30-years luck broke through the barrier this day - I won two things. In my left hand, a tropical martini (at that point, without a place mat to provide cues, I couldn't tell you what was in it) - which I WON - by answering this question - "What is the best martini?". The presumed correct answer (for all the tastings) is "The one you like." I prefer my answer, which was "THAT ONE!!".

In left hand (on the right side of the picture) is one of 4 promotional backpacks given out during a presentation by the directing animator of "Up" (Dave Mullins - different, upcoming thread). I walked in during the last 5 minutes of the presentation (had gone to one earlier in the week), received a raffle ticket, won, got it signed by Dave and made it to the martini tasting only a couple of minutes late!!

p336487008-4.jpg

There, now you know what the person behind the camera looks like - a tad overweight, slightly inebriated!!

The experience was fun, reasonable, I recommend it is if fits into your interests and schedule. $12

Your whole review of the martini tasting made me laugh. I think it is just so funny. Congrats on the 2 winnings! Wish I had been there. Saw that they were happening, but just did not sign up for them. I had an appletini twice- (my 1st ever) and every night at dinner I would try one of their special drinks. My favorite was the appletini cosmo. Much more appealing than just the appletini (which I did manage to choke down lol.)

My once-every-30-years luck broke through the barrier this day - I won two things. In my left hand, a tropical martini (at that point, without a place mat to provide cues, I couldn't tell you what was in it) - which I WON - by answering this question - "What is the best martini?". The presumed correct answer (for all the tastings) is "The one you like." I prefer my answer, which was "THAT ONE!!".

In left hand (on the right side of the picture) is one of 4 promotional backpacks given out during a presentation by the directing animator of "Up" (Dave Mullins - different, upcoming thread). I walked in during the last 5 minutes of the presentation (had gone to one earlier in the week), received a raffle ticket, one, got it sign by Dave and made it to the martini tasting only a couple of minutes late!!

p336487008-4.jpg

There, now you know what the person behind the camera looks like - a tad overweight, slightly inebriated!!

The experience was fun, reasonable, I recommend it is if fits into your interests and schedule. $12

We were at that martini tasting! I guess we never met, so I didn't realize that was you that won. Bruce & I were at a table in the middle of the room not far from you. Congrats on the wins that day!

Is it ok if I "steal" a few of your martini tasting pics? Mine didn't come out so well.

Ang

We were at that martini tasting! I guess we never met, so I didn't realize that was you that won. Bruce & I were at a table in the middle of the room not far from you. Congrats on the wins that day!

Is it ok if I "steal" a few of your martini tasting pics? Mine didn't come out so well.

Ang

... I have no proprietary instincts when it comes to pictures - help yourself, I'll just take more!!!

If you cannot get the resolution you want downloading from disboards, let me know and I can send link to originals on host site.....

Sorry we did not connect more - I tend to "focus on family" when we are together - not that I think we HAVE to, it is just that DS21 and DS19 are so darn funny right now..... (they each have their own unique blend of 30 years of you-tube at their disposal - kind of comes across as part Monthy Python, part SNL, and the random, silly, funny duo from HBO - which I've only seen small parts, since we don't get HBO.... - needless to say, they both really enjoyed Heath Hyche, Kevin Johnson and John Charles)

... I have no proprietary instincts when it comes to pictures - help yourself, I'll just take more!!!

If you cannot get the resolution you want downloading from disboards, let me know and I can send link to originals on host site.....

Mo swears this is a picture of your son diving in Tortolla. I don't see any resemblance.

025_0A.jpg

Anyone else with a kid in the 5-7 year old group get a surprise in the mail???? We got one today.

Ang

I didn't pick up mail today, but will check tomorrow. We live in one of the few areas of the US with no home delivery, have to go to the post office.

Here is Dug visiting Palo. He also went to the cognac tasting.

IMG_2977.jpg

Mo swears this is a picture of your son diving in Tortolla. I don't see any resemblance.

All I know for sure is that he was wearing these flippers:

p598862265-3.jpg

and no wet suit (although I think he had a surf shirt on) - the hair seems about right!

I do have more pictures - but here is a sample (this is you - right?)

p232737226-4.jpg

My Dug had way too good a time at pub night. No photos survive so he can't be blackmailed. I do have one of him in his own chair at dinner (chair and napkin provided by our lovely server Jelena)

CIMG0448.jpg

no way could I have seen that movie and not buy a talking Dug.

Did lots of tastings over all the sea days

Teeny martinis (different ones than ehagerty had and the gin one was gone by the time the chocolate one appeared)
CIMG0055.jpg

Tequila & margaritas
CIMG0065.jpg

CIMG0066.jpg

Whiskey
CIMG0070-1.jpg

Wine plus extra bonus - Rosa Regale and Japanese vodka
CIMG0348.jpg

CIMG0350-1.jpg

Cognac
CIMG0357.jpg

I didn't take pictures of the beer. But that was fun!

Wow Becky I hope you fell better. I had such a nice tie talking to you guys, if you are ever up here please let me know.

Hey Joanne!

It was great meeting you too! I'll be sure to let you know if we head up to FWB. I am much better, still a slight nagging cough but that's it. Only made it to work two days last week so I feel like I've been on an extended vacation, haha. Tell you what though, this is the most rested I have felt in YEARS! Glad to hear your cold didn't get worse!

Hi Everyone -- I just wanted to say thanks to all those that did the FE's. We finally had a chance to go through our bag of goodies yesterday and WOW -- thank you.

CajunGirl2 -- yes, we got a surprise in the mail yesterday too. DD totally forgot that she did that. It was so cute too.

Finally been getting all my pics loaded onto my computer -- over 1000 pictures. That's the most we've ever taken on a vacation. Can't wait to start scrapbooking about our trip.

Presented by Jelena in Diversions, 4 different brands / types (Stella Artois, Sam Adams, New Castle, Guiness - thank you CajunGirl2):

p456944332-3.jpg

Participants enjoying the fun:

p71984303-3.jpg

Three samples, in various stages of consumption (the right one is definitely Guiness):

p522480333-4.jpg

Brian turned 21 - he'll drink to that!!

p34234948-3.jpg

As mentioned by TDC_Nala, the beer tasting was quite fun - I think it naturally attracts a more boisterous crowd.....

Presented by Jelena in Diversions, 5 different brands / types (I usually keep the placemat with the desriptions - if I find one, when I actually go through my DCL box, I'll update at that time):

p456944332-3.jpg

As mentioned by TDC_Nala, the beer tasting was quite fun - I think it naturally attracts a more boisterous crowd.....

Not sure if we were at the same beer tasting too, but seems like we probably were. We had Stella Artois, Sam Adams, New Castle & Guiness. I think we only had 4 beers. At the end we made a car bomb out of the Guiness.

Ang

Well....after 31 long hours of labor, the midwife finally called in an OB and my grandson was delivered by C-Section at 4:16 this afternoon.
He's a whopper.....9 lbs 15 oz and 21.5 inches long.
Have to wait to post a picture tomorrow when I can use the hospital WiFi...my parents only have dial-up and Photobucket is not cooperating.

NOW CAN I GO BACK ON THE SHIP??? I need the rest!

Well....after 31 long hours of labor, the midwife finally called in an OB and my grandson was delivered by C-Section at 4:16 this afternoon.
Have to wait to post a picture tomorrow when I can use the hospital WiFi...my parents only have dial-up and Photobucket is not cooperating.

Congrats!!!! Your poor daughter 31 hours ugh. Tell her to rest and let grandma help!!!!! Have fun and spoil that little boy. Can't wait for pictures.

Congratulations!!!!

congrat's I know exactly how she feels ...19 yrs ago mine was a girl 9lbs 9oz and 22 inches no newborn clothes for her...lol... enjoy him....:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter