May 2016.. Let the planning begin!

Here's the Disney Visa info. I didn't get an email either. Just found this on Mousesavers.

Disney Visa Spring Villa Package Offer

Disney Visa cardholders can get up to 35% off the room portion of vacation packages at select Walt Disney World Deluxe Villa resorts for stays between April 3 and June 30, 2016, plus get a FREE ticket day (essentially $10.65 off) when you add tickets of at least 4+ days. You can also add an optional dining plan (at full price). This can also be booked as a room-only offer.

This offer is only good for stays at Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge and Polynesian Villas & Bungalows. As with all Disney promotional discounts, some resorts, room types and date combinations will not be available. It’s important to be flexible if you want to book a discounted room. You must place an immediate deposit using a Disney Visa card when booking.

Book by 2/28/16.
Thanks, since I'm not doing a Villa it wouldn't have helped anyway but it's good to see what it is.

Thanks, since I'm not doing a Villa it wouldn't have helped anyway but it's good to see what it is.

We don't plan on doing a villa either, but if the price is right we might change from CSR. Although I'm not really sure which of those I would prefer to do.

Whoo-hoo! Booked for May 8th to the 14th at the Wilderness Lodge! Thanks to the DisBoard for the heads up. I almost missed it!

Interesting that my email offer was only about the villas, but when I went to Disney website the broader Spring Offer showed more resort hotels. On Orbitz the current 15% off was added to the original Disney Spring offer for Pop Century (~20%) in May for a very nice total discount for us. Good luck to others in your searches! :wizard:

Anyone else pulling the kids from school? we are...slightly nervous but going for it

are you worried about the construction? just curious on your thoughts...
My hubby and I talked about it, but for us it is a no brainer. We are nutz about the Wilderness, and it feels like home! We have seen different levels of construction in the past 2 years we have stayed there, but the important things to us will still be available:
1. The pool
2. The great location with shuttle and boat options for transportation.
3. It may seem silly, but we also like the location of the return shuttles. The closest bus stop at the terminals means less running!
4. The beach with campfires and smores.
5. We also love being close enough to the magic kingdom to hear Wishes. Last year, we could watch the show from our balcony! Just a little extra magic!

In our eyes, any time at the Wilderness will be magical!

Anyone else pulling the kids from school? we are...slightly nervous but going for it
We are (7 and 12 years olds), and we have the past 2 years as well! We tell the teachers weeks ahead of time. Life is too short, and I could not bear to go during spring break, and we would melt during the summer (from Minnesota!).

We are (7 and 12 years olds), and we have the past 2 years as well! We tell the teachers weeks ahead of time. Life is too short, and I could not bear to go during spring break, and we would melt during the summer (from Minnesota!).
Ok so we are 9 and pre k, how far out did you tell school? I agree life is too short, we were booked for Aug but I was diagnosed with breast cancer, I am fine, but this trip means alot

Ok so we are 9 and pre k, how far out did you tell school? I agree life is too short, we were booked for Aug but I was diagnosed with breast cancer, I am fine, but this trip means alot
So sorry to hear. I can understand how important this trip can be.
We first told their teachers at conferences in January for our trip in May. About 4 weeks ahead we would ask their teachers if there was anything our kids could do to get a head start. A week before, we asked for any additional home work assignments. Their teachers were very accommodating because of the open communication. We found out through other parents and teachers, that it has become more common for families to pull kids out for trips during the school year.

Does anyone know if there will be free dining released for May??

I seriously doubt there will be free dining for May. If you look back at the historical data for discounts in May what we are seeing now is about all there has been for the last several years.

Here's a quick question. Does anyone know if the packages offered on Orbitz include tickets or is it for room only and airfare? I just booked using 25% promo bu tlooking for better discounts. TIA!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter