May 2016 Car Rentals

I have a reservation with Alamo, May 20- May 29. $242.38 for an Economy. ROFLOL!! Well, it's a starting point. Our return date is still a little uncertain. May be staying until the 31st.

Alamo: 5/23 MCO pickup, 5/30 Dis CCC drop off $193 Full sized. Used the TA Brazil Vegas's code. Had an upgrade coupon in there too which is no longer valid, I booked this a few days back, but didn't see this thread.

Will keep an eye out for a lower price as I'd love to save some more to help pay for the parking fees over at Universal :)

Take note that the price stayed the same regardless of whether I returned the car back to MCO, the Dolphin or Disney Car Care Center, so I took the one with the gas pumps right there and will take Magical Express back to the airport (I love not dealing with luggage and traffic when stressed about catching a flight.)

Last edited:
Booked in August a compact through Costco for $120 for the 3rd week of May and since then rate have only risen to be almost double that currently. Will wait and watch for when they start to fall.

We too are looking at the third week of May. Actually May 20 through May 30. Our current rate is $269.50 through Alamo booked with Costco for a Standard/Full size. I will keep watching. Looks like I missed out on some cheap rates several months ago. If paste experience is any guide, prices will drop again. We also have AutoSlash tracking our rentals.

Alamo: 5/23 MCO pickup, 5/30 Dis CCC drop off $193 Full sized. Used the TA Brazil Vegas's code. Had an upgrade coupon in there too which is no longer valid, I booked this a few days back, but didn't see this thread.

Will keep an eye out for a lower price as I'd love to save some more to help pay for the parking fees over at Universal :)

Take note that the price stayed the same regardless of whether I returned the car back to MCO, the Dolphin or Disney Car Care Center, so I took the one with the gas pumps right there.

I had given up pricing returning to anywhere but MCO as it was always so much higher. will make sure to check them all out when pricing again, thanks.

I have an 9 day rental with Alamo right now with the Vegas Brazil code and a coupon someone posted in the May thread. It's $224 for a midsize, which would be about $330 Canadian. I have NEVER paid that much for a car and I don't intend to start now, but I needed to get something booked because we are offsite and have to have the car. This is the lowest I've found for awhile, so I will start here and hopefully work my way down. :)

Last edited:
I haven't been able to secure a price anywhere near as good as the $278 we paid for our week long Alamo minivan rental back in 2013. I'm getting a bit discouraged. Considering the higher parking fees along with the higher prices of a rental van, our plan B at this point is to just stay onsite at Disney for the whole trip and not rent a vehicle at all instead of doing the onsite/offsite split stay we have been planning. The rate we can secure by using that Vegas Brazil code is pretty good, but I am hesitant to use that code because of the collision waiver/liability that may be associated with that code. DH was rear ended by someone driving a rental vehicle several months ago while on his way home from work, and it was such a mess to deal with on multiple levels, so he is saying he really doesn't want to deal with rentals if he doesn't have to because of that experience.

DH was rear ended by someone driving a rental vehicle several months ago while on his way home from work, and it was such a mess to deal with on multiple levels, so he is saying he really doesn't want to deal with rentals if he doesn't have to because of that experience.
Sorry this is a bit off topic, but did he rent using a credit card that would cover such a case? Curious as to why they'd fight the claim.

Sorry this is a bit off topic, but did he rent using a credit card that would cover such a case? Curious as to why they'd fight the claim.

DH was driving our own personal vehicle and he was hit by someone driving a rental vehicle. I'm not sure about the details of what that driver used to pay for the rental but dealing with everything related to the accident has been a nightmare for us even though DH was not the one at fault. Because of this experience he is paranoid about the possibility of driving around places where there may be a lot of people driving rental cars.

I haven't been able to secure a price anywhere near as good as the $278 we paid for our week long Alamo minivan rental back in 2013. I'm getting a bit discouraged. Considering the higher parking fees along with the higher prices of a rental van, our plan B at this point is to just stay onsite at Disney for the whole trip and not rent a vehicle at all instead of doing the onsite/offsite split stay we have been planning. The rate we can secure by using that Vegas Brazil code is pretty good, but I am hesitant to use that code because of the collision waiver/liability that may be associated with that code. DH was rear ended by someone driving a rental vehicle several months ago while on his way home from work, and it was such a mess to deal with on multiple levels, so he is saying he really doesn't want to deal with rentals if he doesn't have to because of that experience.

I get discouraged this early in the planning process as well but the price has always dropped once the travel dates got closer. I just looked (for fun) at prices for one-week (30-JAN to 6-FEB) and the prices fell somewhat back in line.

I usually get a mid-size car for $18 to $20 per day (total including tax and fees) on a weekly rental. This usually includes a discount code and coupon; I rented a full-size for $109 for 6 days ($18.10 per day) last May; the booking was done on 15-April with the trip beginning on 10-May (less than one month out). I usually book a couple of times before reaching a final.

The only time I didn't get a decent deal was during a last-minute trip over a big spring break week.

Be patient grasshopper.

DH was driving our own personal vehicle and he was hit by someone driving a rental vehicle. I'm not sure about the details of what that driver used to pay for the rental but dealing with everything related to the accident has been a nightmare for us even though DH was not the one at fault. Because of this experience he is paranoid about the possibility of driving around places where there may be a lot of people driving rental cars.
Ah, gotch'a. ;)

The good thing is the florida roads are very wide, open and well marked. Away from Disney and Orlando the traffic is a synch. Orlando Airport has been a mess for a few years now and is only getting worse while they fix it. (One reason why I'm letting ME do the driving back). The problem drivers are the tourists who don't know which lane to be in, and as usual, those distracted by their phones.

Just booked a minivan for 10 days through EZrentacar for $349. Alamo is our preferred company but I'm not booking at $550 and I just wanted something booked now while we wait for rates to fall. If you do use EZrentacar, remember that if you are making a reservation, and try to leave the page instead of clicking "reserve now", it will pop up with a 10% discount you can apply.

We arrive 5/7 for 8 days, booked Advantage this morning but likely will cancel after just finding decent deal on Alamo.

Alamo
7016427 (no CDW)
Compact (never rented this class, but larger mid & full classes don''t accept the coupon)
AD3868JST $25 off 'specialty'
$156.71 (extra day is +$21, reflected in total)

Note: once I signed into my Insider's account I got an error message that no cars were available. Promptly signed out and re-entered the info. Email confirmation says I am good to use Kiosk

Advantage
using one of the many 10% codes out there via a search
Midsize
$139.22

For the difference in price, think Alamo is the better option. Patience is over-rated, glad to have something in place & will work from here...happy hunting.

We arrive 5/7 for 8 days, booked Advantage this morning but likely will cancel after just finding decent deal on Alamo.

Alamo
7016427 (no CDW)
Compact (never rented this class, but larger mid & full classes don''t accept the coupon)

Note: once I signed into my Insider's account I got an error message that no cars were available. Promptly signed out and re-entered the info. Email confirmation says I am good to use Kiosk

Advantage
Midsize
$139.22

For the difference in price, think Alamo is the better option. Patience is over-rated, glad to have something in place & will work from here...happy hunting.

Thank you for posting these codes. I reserved a mid-size SUV for May 27- June 6 for $327.59. Not too bad, considering what I was finding without the codes!

I checked Alamo again and prices had dropped a bit for my 9 day rental. I am looking at $203USD now. It's for a midsize and we really would fit better in a Standard but with exchange I'm still looking at about $290 Canadian, so midsize it is. If we have to put one of the big suitcases between the kids in the back it's only to the airport and back. Not a big deal. I just needed to secure something affordable at this point.

Alamo
7016427 (no CDW)

Advantage
Midsize
$139.22

How did you use the Vegas Brazil code without having the CDW added to it? Mine keeps coming up with it added.

Dollar cheapest right now. 480.00 for 13 day mini van rental far better than the 800.00 I was seeing. Compacts are still about 400.00 with tax. I maybe thinking about Priceline and bid on a minivan come May.....

How did you use the Vegas Brazil code without having the CDW added to it? Mine keeps coming up with it added.
Go in to modify the reservation and under where the contract ID code goes there is another code listed below that you can remove. Remove that and the price will go up a bit but it will also remove the CDW.

Go in to modify the reservation and under where the contract ID code goes there is another code listed below that you can remove. Remove that and the price will go up a bit but it will also remove the CDW.

I am trying to remove the CDW. I can't find what you are referring to where you modify the reservation. I see where there is a product code of TB1 when I go to modify the dates of the reservation, but removing that doesn't remove the CDW coverage. It is still there after clicking Continue and you are on the Modify Extras screen. After confirming all changes, the confirmation still includes CDW.

there were 2 compacts choices listed when i booked, one had CDW & one didn't.

In the past i've observed the same thing and also has varied day to day on other categories.

try signing out of your account and clearing cookies for website

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter