May 2016 Car Rentals

sharing:
using AP Contract 15000 (was cheaper than DVC or Costco - and yes, we have all 3:)), $50 coupon AD4004JDK, Product code TB1 (AS1 was more) - p/u & d/o Dolphin, additional driver & CDW included:
May 1-11 midsize (10 days), total $143.63
Sept 28-Oct 7 (9 days), midsize, $125.42

WOW!!!!!! :yay:
thank you to all!

That $50 code is only supposed to work on weekly right? It's showing up for me on less than a weekly rental in May.

I'm a DVC member and I can't find the DVC discount code anywhere. I'm not currently an AP holder, so can't use 15000. What is the code for the DVC discount?
Thanks!!

sharing:
using AP Contract 15000 (was cheaper than DVC or Costco - and yes, we have all 3:)), $50 coupon AD4004JDK, Product code TB1 (AS1 was more) - p/u & d/o Dolphin, additional driver & CDW included:

thank you to all!

are you good with the extra driver & CDW being included with the TB1 code?

That $50 code is only supposed to work on weekly right? It's showing up for me on less than a weekly rental in May.

looking at old travel files yesterday, realized it's an old insider's coupon code that has resurfaced. it's stated as being valid on weekly rentals (five days). apparently somebody slipped up (yet again) @ Alamo and didn't code it correctly. you need to do a face-to-face @ the dolphin? I'd wouldn't try it but if u do would book a non-prepaid back up res.

I'd have to say it's yet another example of Alamo's poorly defined system & the way codes have been stored in it. Some folk have noted that the coupon will allow itself to be added to even a single day rental, even though the note in green in the promo codes section when you go back to edit reads "weekly". Whether or not Alamo price adjusts for a less than a week rental on drop off or not remains to be seen.

My preference: If renting for less than a week, I think I'd go for the $25 code if it can be applied. I have been toying with a 4 day rental and not having to deal with a car drop off near the end of the trip if the prices drop lower on those.

looking at old travel files yesterday, realized it's an old insider's coupon code that has resurfaced. it's stated as being valid on weekly rentals (five days). apparently somebody slipped up (yet again) @ Alamo and didn't code it correctly. you need to do a face-to-face @ the dolphin? I'd wouldn't try it but if u do would book a non-prepaid back up res.

The Alamo site says Dolphin has a kiosk, but I can't remember, we only used it once many years ago. My brother would pick up on Fri May 20 and drop off on Tues May 24. It's 5 days but 4 nights, so I'm guessing that counts as 4? He is actually staying until May 25 but wants to take Magical Express back to the airport. I guess he could extend it and drop off early on May 25 if that would make the code valid.

If the rental doesn't work out or they try to get him to pay more, he'll just use Uber. He really only needs it for a round trip to one of the HGVC properties as he has to attend a presentation there. We just figured for th price ($60), it would be worth it to have the car. We're staying at Boardwalk so it was convenient to pick up and drop off at Dolphin.

The Alamo site says Dolphin has a kiosk, but I can't remember, we only used it once many years ago. My brother would pick up on Fri May 20 and drop off on Tues May 24. It's 5 days but 4 nights, so I'm guessing that counts as 4? He is actually staying until May 25 but wants to take Magical Express back to the airport. I guess he could extend it and drop off early on May 25 if that would make the code valid.

If the rental doesn't work out or they try to get him to pay more, he'll just use Uber. He really only needs it for a round trip to one of the HGVC properties as he has to attend a presentation there. We just figured for th price ($60), it would be worth it to have the car. We're staying at Boardwalk so it was convenient to pick up and drop off at Dolphin.

typically, if the rental is booked for more than four 24-hour days and 2 plus hours, it should qualify for weekly rate (5 days). your reservation should indicate in the price recap a weekly rate vs X number of days.

typically, if the rental is booked for more than four 24-hour days and 2 plus hours, it should qualify for weekly rate (5 days). your reservation should indicate in the price recap a weekly rate vs X number of days.

Perfect, thanks, all the fees were based on 4 days, but I pushed out the drop off time by a few hours, the rate only went up a couple of bucks, and now all the daily fees are for 5 days. He still may get denied since I have the AS1 code on it, but he's aware of the risk. And will just use Uber instead if necessary. But at least the $50 code is now valid :)

Well it looks like I'm scratching the VB code. We already have trip insurance. Car insurance and credit card insurance. For the rental. I would think between all 3 we will be fine. We really need a minivan this trip...so either A. I roll the dice use the Almo 50off code and the annual pass holder Disney. ( no risk there we have them). And book happy deal. For 329 for 14 days. And pray we get the mini van. Or B. Book the mini van but that means the AS1 product code. Which I would like to see someone use it. And pay 20/more.or C. The TB1 code that I can't find much about. 10 more but has extra driver. But I want to avoid the counter

Last edited:
I'd have to say it's yet another example of Alamo's poorly defined system & the way codes have been stored in it. Some folk have noted that the coupon will allow itself to be added to even a single day rental, even though the note in green in the promo codes section when you go back to edit reads "weekly". Whether or not Alamo price adjusts for a less than a week rental on drop off or not remains to be seen.

My preference: If renting for less than a week, I think I'd go for the $25 code if it can be applied. I have been toying with a 4 day rental and not having to deal with a car drop off near the end of the trip if the prices drop lower on those.
What is the $25 off code??

sharing:

thank you to all!

are you good with the extra driver & CDW being included with the TB1 code?.

I was actually happy about the 2nd driver, just okay with the CDW....but then I heard mom in your reply ("are you really sure you want to do that?" with this look :sad2: ).

so I rebooked with AS1 for about $1.50 additional on each reservation - still a fantastic rate, & less qualms. thanks so much :goodvibes

I was actually happy about the 2nd driver, just okay with the CDW....but then I heard mom in your reply ("are you really sure you want to do that?" with this look :sad2: ).

so I rebooked with AS1 for about $1.50 additional on each reservation - still a fantastic rate, & less qualms. thanks so much :goodvibes
:Plol this old skool mom will take that as a compliment. here's to even lower rates as our trip dates approach

I'm so glad I booked last week. My rate for a minivan has gone back up. Whew!

It looks like I can get our rate down by about $55 more using the TB1 instead of the AS1 product codes. But every time with the TS1 it is giving us CDW on a minivan. I think I will stick with the AS1 for now, still questionable but would rather have our credit card CDW in force instead of relying on that of a questionable code.

I am still hoping that Costco rates come down closer in. Rates for a minivan have gone up where those for smaller cars have come down recently. Though still higher than where they were several months ago.

It looks like I can get our rate down by about $55 more using the TB1 instead of the AS1 product codes. But every time with the TS1 it is giving us CDW on a minivan. I think I will stick with the AS1 for now, still questionable but would rather have our credit card CDW in force instead of relying on that of a questionable code.

I am still hoping that Costco rates come down closer in. Rates for a minivan have gone up where those for smaller cars have come down recently. Though still higher than where they were several months ago.
I tried this as well and mine goes down about $15 for fullsize for 7 days. Like you I am going to stick with AS1 so I don't have to deal with the CDW.

I am using the alamos insider log in, with the $50 coupon, ad4004jdk, and then a product code :as1 was $20 more than the tb1 which included the Cdw. Does anyone know what these product codes mean? Since I am an alamo insider, the included cdw does not worry me as when it is included with the VB code.

I am using the alamos insider log in, with the $50 coupon, ad4004jdk, and then a product code :as1 was $20 more than the tb1 which included the Cdw. Does anyone know what these product codes mean? Since I am an alamo insider, the included cdw does not worry me as when it is included with the VB code.

Take a look at this post. The TB1 code is related to Vegas Brazil and AS1 with Global Business Travel Service. Both are South American travel companies.

YOu are getting the CDW because of the Product Code, not because of your affiliation with Alamo Insiders.

I used product code AS1 (Alamo Insiders Member Discount) Contract/Coupon Terms and Conditions* Alamo Insiders will receive a 5% discount on retail rates in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, and Latin America. I also used coupon AD4004JDK ($50 OFF WKLY RENTAL)
I'm an Alamo insider and I'm renting for more than a week so I'm confident there should be no hitches regardless of any other affiliations. Right now I'm at $349 for 11 days which is $31 a day. That's a good rate for a minivan.

In addition I just did online check-in, which then offered me to "Skip the Counter" which is just basically going a step further to add credit card information. So I did and now I'm going directly to vehicle (no counter-no kiosks). I'm confident there will be no issues with these codes.

Last edited:
Alamo rates dropped for my May 25-June 4 trip today using $50 coupon and AS1 product code or Vegas Brazil contact number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter