MAY 2015 Car Rentals

May 11-18 PU/DO at TPA. I am alamo insider. Used the visa coupon and American Airlines as I'm Advantage Member. That's it.

Orlando magic card rate, $30 VISA coupon
May 16 - 23
MCO - TPA
Standard $151 all in

Midsize would've been approx. $10 less

Costco (none in my area - darn it) rates were a few bucks lower

Orlando magic card rate, $30 VISA coupon
May 16 - 23
MCO - TPA
Standard $151 all in

Midsize would've been approx. $10 less

Costco (none in my area - darn it) rates were a few bucks lower

Tampa seems to be the key in getting really good rates these days. I just checked my dates with the Magic Card/Visa coupon combo (picking up and dropping off at MCO) and the total was double yours :eek: . I am glad to hear that some favorable prices are starting to pop up for some of us, though!!! ::yes::

Tampa seems to be the key in getting really good rates these days. I just checked my dates with the Magic Card/Visa coupon combo (picking up and dropping off at MCO) and the total was double yours :eek: . I am glad to hear that some favorable prices are starting to pop up for some of us, though!!! ::yes::

It might just be your dates. although, in the past I've usually paid more whether via a drop charge or standard pricing to pick up @ MCO & drop off @ TPA.

For giggles, I just plugged in my dates when I just checked the rates. MCO RT was just $8 more than TPA drop.

It might just be your dates. although, in the past I've usually paid more whether via a drop charge or standard pricing to pick up @ MCO & drop off @ TPA.

For giggles, I just plugged in my dates when I just checked the rates. MCO RT was just $8 more than TPA drop.

I'm earlier in the month than you.....so perhaps the dates are the difference.

I have a perfectly acceptable $165 taxes in for a full size with Dollar (booked forever ago) so if it goes no lower, I can live with that. But yet....a girl can hope, right? :teeth:

yes, the $165 is a good rate for larger car. This was one of the first times I didn't have a nice starting point booked early. Notice you are traveling again in October. Did you find anything worth booking yet, I'm still waiting. Can't bring myself to book a rate that starts with a 3 :scared:

yes, the $165 is a good rate for larger car. This was one of the first times I didn't have a nice starting point booked early. Notice you are traveling again in October. Did you find anything worth booking yet, I'm still waiting. Can't bring myself to book a rate that starts with a 3 :scared:

Sadly, my October reservation is awful.....not quite twice my May rental, but close. Surely that one will go down before our travel dates!!!

At this point, I'd be happy with anything that starts with a 3xx. We're still in the 4-6xx range. It's for 12 nights, but still. I'd really like something that was in the $30/day range from a company I recognize.

Is this a contest? I would love a reservation that starts with a 4xx. OK my reservation is for 17 nights, but would welcome a $4xx. price tag. I got $560 for National Executive Aisle and was happy....

Well, it's barely in the $400s. I'm at 490 for a standard from Alamo. I have a minivan reserved at 450 with the VroomVroom, but I wanted a back up. We really need a minivan without having to farm out a kid or two to one of our other family members that are going.

At this point, I'd be happy with anything that starts with a 3xx. We're still in the 4-6xx range. It's for 12 nights, but still. I'd really like something that was in the $30/day range from a company I recognize.

Is this a contest? I would love a reservation that starts with a 4xx. OK my reservation is for 17 nights, but would welcome a $4xx. price tag. I got $560 for National Executive Aisle and was happy....

Well, I guess then that I will stop boo-hooing about my $165! :o

Fingers crossed that you both will find some better prices as your travel dates grow closer :goodvibes .

Costco and visa codes
May 21-26
Pick up at Orlando drop off Tampa
Midsize
$165

Okay here it goes - I'm holding on to two different reservations. We are going back and forth between a car and an SUV. We can squish :crowded: into a car but an SUV would definitely make the trip more enjoyable (especially after a long day at the park). :cloud9:

Our first reservation is with E-Z Rent a Car...I'm not so sure about them as I have not rented from them before however I was able to book a Full Size car for 15 days at $331.60 including taxes. The trick I found was to click off the reservation page and the site will give you a coupon to stay on the page to finish the reservation.

The next one I have is for an SUV. I found a really good price with Alamo using the Costco code and the Visa $30 off code. For 15 days I landed our rental for $523.76 including taxes.

We can go either way at this point - but I will keep looking to see if I can get better rates.

Down again from 271 to 257 for minivan rental 5/9-5/17 using visa and costco codes for MCO

Alamo down from $425 to $325 for a minivan for 23-31 May with Costco and Visa codes. Budget and Enterprise are also around $325 with Costco.

Just got a minivan at budget with usaa for $425 which is $10 cheaper than with the iffy Alamo vroomvroom code. So we're going with Budget.

Thanks 6Bowmans! I wouldn't have checked just now.

Hi, I've been following ... Just booked Alamo May 13-20 + 1 hr for $141 all in (standard sz) using BJ's 7014696 and Visa $30 (AD2338FDF). Don't have Costco which probably be a bit lower. Also includes free additional driver.

Last edited:
Just got my May trip down from $265 to $230 using the Costco code and $30 off for a mini van through Alamo. Really happy about this since my old reservation was using the Vroom Vroom code. Very happy to have the free additional driver!

Happy Hunting!

Alamo down from $425 to $325 for a minivan for 23-31 May with Costco and Visa codes. Budget and Enterprise are also around $325 with Costco.

Just checked again this morning and reserved a minivan for $267 on the Alamo site using the Costco contract ID 7014627 and Visa coupon AD2338FDF codes.

Just got Enterprise down to $278 for a mid-size SUV with USAA code for 10 days starting 5/27.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter