MAY 2015 Car Rentals

I got my minivan for 8 days thru Alamo for 212 total.....cant beat that! used visa code and Costco. search is done!

We have a full size booked through Alamo using the Costco travel site for $394 for 17 days, just wondering if I should anticipate it dropping any lower in anyones opinion?We leave May 10:)

We have a full size booked through Alamo using the Costco travel site for $394 for 17 days, just wondering if I should anticipate it dropping any lower in anyones opinion?We leave May 10:)
I arrive later in May, and have the same number of days and the same rate for a midsize SUV (the cheapest vehicle) that I booked at the end of Feb. I just checked and the current cheapest vehicle is a pick up truck for $555. This may be the lowest we find. I found the best rates booking over 3 months out the past 2 trips I've taken. I keep looking periodically up until the day before my trip, when I check in online so I can skip the counter.

today is Thursday:genie:, have seen some big drops

Perhaps, after raising them so high, they'll re-adjust today:rolleyes1

I'm back in the hunt, trying to start trip a day earlier...attempt at modification resulted in existing rental tripling arrrgh

Just shaved a few bones off my 8-day minivan with Alamo at the end of the May - down to $210 using the Costco code (7014627) and Visa coupon (AD2338FDF). Interestingly, the reservation on the Alamo site required that I input my Costco member number. That has not happened before and may be a harbinger for those using the code who are not Costco members.

Last edited:

Alamo is WAAAAAY Up for my 8 passenger van - just tried my dates and the same discounts ($30.00 off and VISA) is it is $258.79 more. I guess I will just stop trying to find a better deal for the first of May

I've checked and rebooked right up until the day before I picked up a car with Alamo. You just never know!

It's been mentioned before here but, if possible, make sure to play around with your pickup & drop off times.

My original res was starting @ 10 am on a Saturday. Pending the mr getting the day off work, I booked a 2nd reservation coming in a day earlier.

added a day onto the reservation, same : drop off place & time, car type, corporate & coupon codes...and it's less $ than the original one, go figure.

Thought perhaps the price had dropped on the original reservation but when I re-priced it, the rate stayed the same.

i have got a 7 passenger mini van 5/1 thru 5/9 - 350.92 - Alamo using VROOM VROOM VROOM code 299851 and $30.00 off AD2338FDF - that is the cheapest that I have found so far.
thank you so much for posting this :thumbsup2 I was able to get pick-up & drop-off at the dolphin Alamo at great prices: mid-size 5/13-21, 8 days, $209 total (economy & compact were about $200), and 10/8-18, 10 days, $250 total. dolphin p/u & d/o works soooooo much better for us, but none of the many, many codes I tried before gave a decent rate.

now, if i can just get the airfare down...........;)

Just shaved a few bones off my 8-day minivan with Alamo at the end of the May - down to $210 using the Costco code (7014627) and Visa coupon (AD2338FDF). Interestingly, the reservation on the Alamo site required that I input my Costco member number. That has not happened before and may be a harbinger for those using the code who are not Costco members.

I had to put mine in as well.

Thrifty and Dollar have nice deals currently.

Reserved a full-size car with MCO Thrifty May 4-27 for 375. No codes. Found through CarRentalSavers.

Still waiting to see what other companies do in the coming weeks.

Edit: I think I was very lucky with my timing. 30 minutes later the rates were back to normal.

Last edited:
Will be fascinating to see how that thread goes down. A lot of things have to be changed and modified, believe me.

Alamo is WAAAAAY Up for my 8 passenger van - just tried my dates and the same discounts ($30.00 off and VISA) is it is $258.79 more. I guess I will just stop trying to find a better deal for the first of May

Same here, my current reservation booked a month ago is $318 for 11 days. When I looked today using the same discount codes... it is $736 :scared1:.

So yeah, I'll just keep entering for the next six weeks and eventually I hope it will get slightly better,

Just popped in to say - I'm leaving tomorrow, and decided to check Priceline following the recommendation of another DISer. I ended up getting a mid-size car from Avis for $11 a day ($141 all in). Could've had a compact for $133, but I decided to treat myself.:cool1: So if you don't feel like you can find a great deal, try Priceline the night before you leave - you may get lucky.

Alamo dropped for me today. $300 for 11 days. I'm using the Southwest rewards code (7016105) and it's giving the same rate as Costco. Just without the additional driver so we'll deal. Southwest Rewards is free, just sign up on their website.

Well last night we decided to fly at the end of May instead of driving, so we are now on the hunt for a minivan rental for 9 days from 5/27-6/5. We have costco and have found Alamo to be the cheapest right now with the Visa and costco codes (at a cheap $600!). So I will be watching the boards and reservations obsessively till we leave. We have always had decent luck before with prices dropping as we get closer. Sometimes it is not until two days before, but any drop will be welcome.

I just rechecked May 1-9 on Alamo using the Costco and Visa codes, and it's up to $308 for a minivan from the $212 that I got around a month ago. I think I got lucky and was able to get a pretty decent rate without having to spend hours and days stalking the web for the best deal, I'm pretty happy with that rate for 8 days plus a couple of hours in a minivan. I've just checked sporadically since, mostly our of curiosity, and its always been more. So thanks so much for the great codes i got from thread!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter