1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

May 2013 Car Rental - Best deals?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by ColoradoDis, Nov 5, 2012.

1. katallo

katallo DIS Veteran

We have a full size booked with Dollar using the KISS2 code for 262.00. We ALWAYS use Alamo, but their prices have not moved for April. They are still almost 700.00/week.

Dollar also has decent prices with BJ's discount.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. chocovrdmicears

chocovrdmicears DIS Veteran

Nope - I didn't type it correctly. :blush: That's what I get for posting before enough coffee.:surfweb:

NDA2324BR

4. n2mm

n2mm aka WALTSGIRL

Thanks! I too try not to post "too early" before I've have enough coffee! :surfweb:

5. SamSam

SamSam http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Do I need to be a BJ's member to use the code? No flames please, I'm just asking.

6. chocovrdmicears

I'm honestly not sure - I am a member of BJ's and have used their codes before but never had to show proof of membership - doesn't mean they definately wouldn't.

7. JERSEYGIRLINSI

JERSEYGIRLINSI JERSEYGIRL LIVING IN NEW YORK AND LOVING EVERY MIN

I've used a BJ's code for the last 5 years, never once have I been asked for my membership card (i am a member), or EVER a coupon.

8. mick0613

mick0613 Earning My Ears

has anyone found a coupon code for national that does not require a saturday ?

9. ascardino

ascardino Mouseketeer

Subbing....we are looking for 5/17-5/25.

10. ain0004

ain0004 Mouseketeer

I am trying to find a good rate for 5/16 to 5/19 with a 11am pick up and 5 pm drop off. So far I can't find anything under 200. which is insane When I paid 150 for 8 days for a minivan this past Nov

11. chocovrdmicears

Well we switched our dates a bit - now looking for 5/22-5/30 (saved about $500 on airfare :goodvibes) - still not seeing anything under $250.

Just wanted to add - we have been this time of year for the past 3 years and have always found a great deal...but always a little closer to the dates..Don't give up hope yet!

12. deedisneydream97

deedisneydream97 Mouseketeer

Dollar has dropped their May prices (first week). Go to their site, plug in your dates, don't select a vehicle type....it will bring you to a page with ALL vehicles listed.....click on the "city special" icon that is tucked amongst the list of cars and prices. Still not as low as I got last year at Alamo, but took something until the prices drop again.

13. emelee1053

emelee1053 Earning My Ears

I've been looking and lurking, and found Enterprise to be the best price at $283 for 11 days mid=May pick-up at Sanford, drop-off at MCO for a full size. Unless anyone has had a bad experience with Enterprise?

14. deedisneydream97

deedisneydream97 Mouseketeer

I tried both with dollar....with and without the orlando magicard (pick up and drop off at MCO). Without the card, but using the Dollar "city special" was cheaper. $265 all inclusive...dodge avenger, sat morn to sat evening. Am awaiting my delivery of my Entertainment book for my Alamo coupon savings; that is how I got a great deal last May. Plus oodles of other coupons for places I frequent.

15. Tara8595

Tara8595 DIS Veteran

I don't see the 'city special' icon when I try to book with Dollar. But my dates 5/7-11 still come back with $24/day, so with a code, it is down to $150. Not as good as usual, but better than it's been lately.

16. Kim&Chris

Kim&Chris dreaming of relaxing & soaking up the warm sun at

I have the same dates as you, yet I keep getting $30/day rates. Can you tell me what code you used?

17. Tara8595

Tara8595 DIS Veteran

I used this: promo code KISSE - from Good Housekeeping Magazine.

18. gifmar

gifmar Earning My Ears

Just reserved Alamo using BJ's code 7014696 and Visa coupon AD2338FDF. $267.74. Not great but better than it has been.

19. Kim&Chris

Kim&Chris dreaming of relaxing & soaking up the warm sun at

Wow...so strange....when I use that code (for the same dates you're using), I get a weekly rate of $260 for a mid-size (the cheapest rate they're offering me with that code). A compact is $374!

Yet when I use the Corp ID of OI1054, I get a rate of $30/day for a compact (again, the cheapest rate for that code).

Must be the times of pick-up/drop-off that are giving me the odd rates. My pick-up time is noon, but my drop-off time is 5pm.

20. JERSEYGIRLINSI

JERSEYGIRLINSI JERSEYGIRL LIVING IN NEW YORK AND LOVING EVERY MIN

Can you tell me where you found the Visa code, I used it for a half decent reservation, and I would love to print it out. Thanks

21. gifmar

gifmar Earning My Ears

You dont need a coupon to use the Visa code. You just pay with a visa card.