May 2013 Car Rental - Best deals?

We have a full size booked with Dollar using the KISS2 code for 262.00. We ALWAYS use Alamo, but their prices have not moved for April. They are still almost 700.00/week.

Dollar also has decent prices with BJ's discount.

Do I need to be a BJ's member to use the code? No flames please, I'm just asking.

I'm honestly not sure - I am a member of BJ's and have used their codes before but never had to show proof of membership - doesn't mean they definately wouldn't.

Do I need to be a BJ's member to use the code? No flames please, I'm just asking.

I've used a BJ's code for the last 5 years, never once have I been asked for my membership card (i am a member), or EVER a coupon.

has anyone found a coupon code for national that does not require a saturday ?

I am trying to find a good rate for 5/16 to 5/19 with a 11am pick up and 5 pm drop off. So far I can't find anything under 200. which is insane When I paid 150 for 8 days for a minivan this past Nov

Well we switched our dates a bit - now looking for 5/22-5/30 (saved about $500 on airfare :goodvibes) - still not seeing anything under $250.

Just wanted to add - we have been this time of year for the past 3 years and have always found a great deal...but always a little closer to the dates..Don't give up hope yet!

Dollar has dropped their May prices (first week). Go to their site, plug in your dates, don't select a vehicle type....it will bring you to a page with ALL vehicles listed.....click on the "city special" icon that is tucked amongst the list of cars and prices. Still not as low as I got last year at Alamo, but took something until the prices drop again.

I decided to follow the advice of the pp (thanks!) and go ahead and book something for our week in May. Booked a minivan for a week through Dollar using the Orlando Magicard (which we have) corporate code from Mousesavers.com. The base rate is $286 ($372 total with taxes and fees). DH was happy with this rate, but I will periodically check around to see if we can get an even better deal.

I've been looking and lurking, and found Enterprise to be the best price at $283 for 11 days mid=May pick-up at Sanford, drop-off at MCO for a full size. Unless anyone has had a bad experience with Enterprise?

I tried both with dollar....with and without the orlando magicard (pick up and drop off at MCO). Without the card, but using the Dollar "city special" was cheaper. $265 all inclusive...dodge avenger, sat morn to sat evening. Am awaiting my delivery of my Entertainment book for my Alamo coupon savings; that is how I got a great deal last May. Plus oodles of other coupons for places I frequent.

I don't see the 'city special' icon when I try to book with Dollar. But my dates 5/7-11 still come back with $24/day, so with a code, it is down to $150. Not as good as usual, but better than it's been lately.

I don't see the 'city special' icon when I try to book with Dollar. But my dates 5/7-11 still come back with $24/day, so with a code, it is down to $150. Not as good as usual, but better than it's been lately.

I have the same dates as you, yet I keep getting $30/day rates. Can you tell me what code you used?

Just reserved Alamo using BJ's code 7014696 and Visa coupon AD2338FDF. $267.74. Not great but better than it has been.

I used this: promo code KISSE - from Good Housekeeping Magazine.

Wow...so strange....when I use that code (for the same dates you're using), I get a weekly rate of $260 for a mid-size (the cheapest rate they're offering me with that code). A compact is $374!

Yet when I use the Corp ID of OI1054, I get a rate of $30/day for a compact (again, the cheapest rate for that code).

Must be the times of pick-up/drop-off that are giving me the odd rates. My pick-up time is noon, but my drop-off time is 5pm.

Just reserved Alamo using BJ's code 7014696 and Visa coupon AD2338FDF. $267.74. Not great but better than it has been.

Can you tell me where you found the Visa code, I used it for a half decent reservation, and I would love to print it out. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter