May 2013 Car Rental - Best deals?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by ColoradoDis, Nov 5, 2012.

1. 2Pirates2Princesses

2Pirates2Princesses DIS Veteran

With that Budget code and coupon, will they require or ask for any documentation or a physical coupon at the rental desk?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bigfish32

bigfish32 Mouseketeer

Not that I know of. But the second discount comes off when you return the car--the 40 dollars off--so just make sure it gets applied. The first is a Travelocity code. I found the second on the April thread so I will see if I can find where it originated from.

4. khmiller

khmiller Mouseketeer

are there usually any issues with re-booking a reservation? How is this done? Do you book a new rez and then cancel the old? Just checking to make sure there are no penalties for cancelling. Thanks.

5. bigfish32

bigfish32 Mouseketeer

I think so. I don't believe there is a problem with cancelling. Check with the car rental place first. I don't think there is a problem with budget. ESP since you don't even hold it with a credit card

6. mduncan1

mduncan1 Mouseketeer

Subbing! We are going May 18th through 24th and looking for a good deal too. :)

7. jpeppers

jpeppers DIS Veteran

Book the best you can find now and then be patient because you will probably find way better directly from the company a few weeks out, I think I ended up at around $130 total last year for a week in terminal.

8. khmiller

khmiller Mouseketeer

jpeppers, how long before you needed the rental did you see this great rate?
    Thanks!

9. cabmom

cabmom DIS Cast Member<br><font color="blue">The Tag Fair

Need May 15 noon to May 21 2pm MCO. I can't find a deal! Please help! :scared:

10. mmmgood

mmmgood Mouseketeer

You can get good rates from Dollar or Thrifty starting at $230.44 inc. taxes and fees here: http://www.carrentalsavers.com/florida-car-rental.html.

Book and keep looking though, rates should come down closer to your dates.

11. bigfish32

bigfish32 Mouseketeer

Try budget using Travelocity code X474200

12. Ima Disnewby

Ima Disnewby Mouseketeer

joining in!!

my dates are May 2-6 and as my name would imply, i'm a total noob :rotfl: i'm not finding a *great* deal on anything!! i tried the KLM code and it's not working for me!! could it be because i don't reside in the US or something?!

13. bigfish32

bigfish32 Mouseketeer

I would try the Travelocity code for Budget. No idea if it matters where you live though.... Look at previous post

14. Ima Disnewby

Ima Disnewby Mouseketeer

thanks!

i tried that matched up with the coupon code from the first page but holy smokes...the insurance rate!! was just curious to see if the KLM code would make the actual rental cost cheaper so the insurance cost wouldnt hurt so much :sad2:

15. chocovrdmicears

chocovrdmicears DIS Veteran

Spent a little time seeing what I could come up with - need a rental for 5/22-6/1. So far the best price I found was with the KLM code and BJ's coupon( NDA2324BR) through National - $317. :scared: If I remember correctly I didn't find any great deals for our May trip last year until much closer so I am not giving up hope yet.

16. MarieA

MarieA DIS Veteran

Same here. We are going May 4 - 14 and have been searching for a rental for the past several months. The rates are totally outrageous. The cheapest rate I have found so far has been $350. Last year we were at WDW from 4/28 - 5/8 and I was able to get a car through Enterprise for $150 for 10 days. I think I also got that rate much closer to my travel dates. I will keep looking but if I can't get anything for less than $200, I probably will not rent a car. We are staying on property and really don't need a car, we just like the convenience of having one.

17. Tara8595

Tara8595 DIS Veteran

Subscribing - Need a good deal. Can't believe the Alamo prices are so crummy and nothing for my Tues-Sat trip in May. Booked with E-Z right now - at least it was under $200.

18. Mike2023

Mike2023 DIS Veteran

so right now I have 2 reservations, pre and post cruise.

May 9th - 16th - MCO - Port for $291.13
    May 19th - 26th - Port - MCO for $158.68

Now my question,

If the price drops how do I make the adjustment? Do I just book with the same information and then cancel this reseration? or do I change the current reservation and just update the price?

Thanks,

19. chocovrdmicears

chocovrdmicears DIS Veteran

With the exception of the KLM code (you need to call and cancel for that one)- I have always booked a new deal if a better price comes along - then just go in and cancel the old one. Never had any problems doing that - and have done it quite a bit.

20. jadephoenixx

jadephoenixx Earning My Ears

You can also email them via the contact us link to cancel a KLM code reservation. I've done it a couple of times and it takes about 24 hrs for a confirmation reply of the cancellation

21. jpeppers

jpeppers DIS Veteran

It was probably about 6 weeks out. It sucks but you have to be patient. I'm holding out for May this year now too! Good Luck!