May 2013 Car Rental - Best deals?

Checked rental car rates through Costco and Enterprise rates have dropped dramatically in the last 24 hours. Low- to mid-$100 for a five-day rental (depending on which car category you pick). Hope this helps someone!

Checked rental car rates through Costco and Enterprise rates have dropped dramatically in the last 24 hours. Low- to mid-$100 for a five-day rental (depending on which car category you pick). Hope this helps someone!

Thanks! I just booked a standard SUV through Costco/Alamo for $199 with tax. Not to bad for the bigger SUV.

Adding this is for 6 days out of TPA

Thanks! I just booked a standard SUV through Costco/Alamo for $199 with tax. Not to bad for the bigger SUV.

Adding this is for 6 days out of TPA

Wow..that is a great rate!! I am watching May and June threads for rates and codes. I do not have a Costgo card yet, thinking about it. Could you check June 5-16 for Orlando for me. If it is a great deal I will be buying a membership!

Wow..that is a great rate!! I am watching May and June threads for rates and codes. I do not have a Costgo card yet, thinking about it. Could you check June 5-16 for Orlando for me. If it is a great deal I will be buying a membership!

I entered your dates from noon to noon. rates include fees for 11 days

Economy 524
compact 532
intermediate 540
standard 548
fullsize 557
premium 623
intermediate suv 562
standard suv 578
mini van 562

I got a minvan through EZ car rentals for $531 (fees included) for May 18th through June 1st. Never rented through them before so I am concerned but there is close to a $200 difference between them and then next cheapest group. Anyone dealt with EZ car rentals before? Concerns?

cwasil said:
I got a minvan through EZ car rentals for $531 (fees included) for May 18th through June 1st. Never rented through them before so I am concerned but there is close to a $200 difference between them and then next cheapest group. Anyone dealt with EZ car rentals before? Concerns?

My friend and I have both use them many times and have never had a problem. They are in the airport. Quick in and out. Totally worth it to go with them for the price!

Currently holding at $313 for a mid-size through National for 10 days.
Using the KLM contract id# 8572130
Coupon ND9334SND
Already have that $$ amount factored into the budget..but really hope we see some improvement over the next few weeks. :surfweb:

Currently holding at $313 for a mid-size through National for 10 days.
Using the KLM contract id# 8572130
Coupon ND9334SND
Already have that $$ amount factored into the budget..but really hope we see some improvement over the next few weeks. :surfweb:

Keep looking. About a month ago prices were staying around the $400.00 mark, then late one night I was able to snag an eleven day reservation (May 10th-20th 10am-3pm) for $210.00 total, signing in through the Alamo Insiders, then using the Costco contract ID 7014627 and Visa coupon AD2338FDF. A few days later it was back up to over $400.00. I just checked and using those same codes that same midsize car is now $419.32, but should go down in the next few weeks.

I've been checking Dollar and Alamo and I'm not encouraged. I'm not traveling until May 31st so I know I need to continue playing the waiting game. But, I've been playing with the dates as if I was leaving in 2 or 3 or 4 weeks and they are still coming back way higher than the last few years. You would expect that people going late April-Early May would be getting the good rates by now. I'm not seeing that. :worried:

Noticed today that the Dollar rates for my dates May 25-June 4th have come down--total of $256 for a mid-size. We want an SUV, but their SUV rates are too high.

Noticed today that the Dollar rates for my dates May 25-June 4th have come down--total of $256 for a mid-size. We want an SUV, but their SUV rates are too high.

Have you priced Budget with Wendie's rates? A mid-size SUV for those dates is $311.62.

We are looking for almost the same dates - returning the 3rd. The rates this year have me worried. For the last 5 years, I've got these dates under $100 via Costco, and I don't remember them being this high at this point. We may just do without and modify our plans - enjoy the pool vs. going to the beach....

Dollar has a special on minivans. $249 a week plus fees and tax when you rent in May using Promo Code: 5CO5E. They also give 10% off if you use your AMEX

Nationwide Minivan Offer
Rent a Minivan for $39.99/day or $249.99/week at participating U.S. locations when you pick up between April 9 - May 31, 2013.

Just rebooked on Dollar for my DM and Dsis. May 1-10th. Midsize was $275, now $216. That's quite a savings. :)

Keep checking. The rates should drop as your trip nears. Do check several times a day if you can.

Interesting note-the next size car, Standard, was more than $467! More than double. If you need more space you could get 2 mid-size and still save money.

The Mid-size is the same passenger size (5) and only one less luggage 4 vs. 3. So if you can be flexible on your car size, you can save even more.

My trip is about 2 weeks away and still no drops in rates. I check often. I have some options booked, but still hoping for some better rates.

Dollar has a special on minivans. $249 a week plus fees and tax when you rent in May using Promo Code: 5CO5E. They also give 10% off if you use your AMEX

Nationwide Minivan Offer
Rent a Minivan for $39.99/day or $249.99/week at participating U.S. locations when you pick up between April 9 - May 31, 2013.

Is the code you posted for Dollar or Nationwide?? I tried it on the Dollar website and it didn't work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter