May 2010 Pre-Trip Report--Bay Lake Tower, here we come! *TR link posted! 6/8*

I'm sooooo jealous of your snow! We live in Ga so are lucky to get a dusting once a year. We do have a 20% chance of a quarter inch of snow on Thurs. night that will melt by noon Friday. So everyone is freaking out here. The bread and milk isles of the grocery stores will be empty by tomorrow. :rotfl2:

Your ADRs sound great. We were disappointed with the ABC Commissary at HS. The Backlot Express wasn't bad and they had a decent selection.

Don't you love how the mention of snow, even flurries, causes a run on the grocery stores?!? :lmao:

Funny about ABC Commissary...but as I tell my kids...The world (or in this case World) would be so boring if everyone was just alike. :goodvibes

I bet you were happy that the Hogs won!! We're looking forward to the BIG game on Thursday night!! ROLL TIDE!!

I know what you mean--I would hate for Ally to have to miss school but we're leaving the day after she gets out no matter what!! Hee hee!! :goodvibes No turning back now!! When is the last day of school where you are? It's May 21st here!

It looks like we'll both be in Epcot the same day (Friday, May 28th)!!

Happy....shocked....it's all the same, right? My brother was actually defecting to your side during the game...He kept saying Roll Tide...:laughing:

And there's no turning back for us either! Our last day is getting out at 1:30 the 24th. A bit pointless, to me, to go back for 1/2 day on a Monday....

I knew we'd only overlap by a couple days...but I didn't notice we had Epcot in common on Friday...maybe we'll run into each other! :)

Love the snow pics. They're calling for snow here this week, but I'm not getting excited about it yet. I will believe it when I see it. We get out of school on the 19th. A day or two won't be too bad for us.

Love your hipster! I use the VB backpack. Keeps the hands free for wrangling little ones.

It is cold out there! Kids are still hoping for the big snow on Thursday, but I won't believe it until I'm snowed in under it!

Thanks! We normally carry a camera backpack and a Nike mesh backpack. I'm thinking we won't do the Nike bag this year. I'm the one who usually carries it...snacks, ponchos, water bottles, etc. go in here. But I love how the hipster will be more easily accessible. Drawbacks will be: no room for ponchos, not as easily searched as a see through mesh bag at bag check, quite a bit smaller than the backpack. There should still be room for snacks, though. :)

It is cold out there! Kids are still hoping for the big snow on Thursday, but I won't believe it until I'm snowed in under it!

Thanks! We normally carry a camera backpack and a Nike mesh backpack. I'm thinking we won't do the Nike bag this year. I'm the one who usually carries it...snacks, ponchos, water bottles, etc. go in here. But I love how the hipster will be more easily accessible. Drawbacks will be: no room for ponchos, not as easily searched as a see through mesh bag at bag check, quite a bit smaller than the backpack. There should still be room for snacks, though. :)
It is really, really cold out. It's kind of hindering my workout a little. It's hard to get motivated to run when it's 12°.

I carry the VB backpack all the time not just at Disney. I love VB bags. I would totally do the hipster if I didn't have so much to carry. At WDW I usually put the camera and everything in one bag (the VB backpack). Luckily I still use a stroller in the parks for my youngest so the stroller does most of the work carrying it around. :laughing: I really like the pattern on your Hipster. It's cute. My mom is totally hooked on VB now too and she carries the Voyager. She needs a new one, might look at your pattern for her. Hope you're having a great day!

Leanne

It is really, really cold out. It's kind of hindering my workout a little. It's hard to get motivated to run when it's 12°.

I carry the VB backpack all the time not just at Disney. I love VB bags. I would totally do the hipster if I didn't have so much to carry. At WDW I usually put the camera and everything in one bag (the VB backpack). Luckily I still use a stroller in the parks for my youngest so the stroller does most of the work carrying it around. :laughing: I really like the pattern on your Hipster. It's cute. My mom is totally hooked on VB now too and she carries the Voyager. She needs a new one, might look at your pattern for her. Hope you're having a great day!

Leanne

I would carry mine in real life, too, but I'm not sure how much it will really hold. I tend to carry around too much stuff. Actually, I get disgusted with how much junk I'm carrying around about once or twice a year and switch to a smaller purse, but then end up not having enough room and switch back! :rotfl: I went back & forth on VB for a while because some of the patterns I just really don't like, but DH found this one all on his own...and I love it! :love: There was another one with a lot of green in it I saw someone with over the weekend and he said he had also looked at it for me. It was cute, too & I love green. :thumbsup2

I do miss that about strollers. That, and you could go faster with the kids in the strollers than you can with them walking. :lmao:

I'm about to leave here & pick up kids from school, so my day will be better when I'm not at the office....

I hope you are staying warm...

It would be really hard to run outside right now. Good luck with that. :goodvibes I'm going to stick with my treadmill!

Followed you over from my PTR...and I see I already posted on the first page! Going to join in for good now. Now I have to go back and catch up. popcorn::

ETA: Ooh, love your Vera hipster! My sister actually has the exact same one and I have the wristlet in that pattern. :laughing:

Ah, the snow was fun, but it's mostly gone now. Wasn't too great for making snowmen...but snow + snow pants = really fast slide!

On to plans!

We made the last of our ADRs so here is our schedule:

May 27/Thursday
Check In
Lunch at Earl of Sandwich
Downtown Disney/Pool/Explore Bay Lake Tower!!!
Dinner at The Wave

May 28/Friday
CS somewhere in Epcot for lunch...I'm thinking/hoping for Sunshine Seasons
Dinner at Restaurant Marrakesh
We may go back to the room sometime...we may decide to go to Magic Kingdom that morning...but we'll be at Epcot for EEMH.

May 29/Saturday
This is our pool day/Richard Petty Driving Experience day!!
CS for lunch, but who knows where?!?
Dinner at Boma

May 30/Sunday
Lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table!
CS for Dinner, probably Columbia Harbor House

May 31/Monday
CS for lunch
Dinner at Yak & Yeti -- we decided to give it a try!

June 1/Tuesday
Lunch at Kona Cafe -- after reading someone's TR review on this & being at the Poly last summer I had to try Kona!
Dinner CS

June 2/Wednesday
Forgetting we wouldn't have any TS left, earlier, I now don't have to worry about a TS at HS. We'll do CS here, luckily I like them! ABC Commissary, Backlot Express or Pizza Planet.

We're also going to squeeze in a Star Wars Weekends visit probably Friday morning...

Your plans look great! We have made all our ADR's as well. Hopefully I will find some time to start my PTR soon! :upsidedow

I'm sooooo jealous of your snow! We live in Ga so are lucky to get a dusting once a year. We do have a 20% chance of a quarter inch of snow on Thurs. night that will melt by noon Friday. So everyone is freaking out here. The bread and milk isles of the grocery stores will be empty by tomorrow. :rotfl2:

Wow! I live in NW PA along the lake. It has not stopped snowing since Saturday morning! No freaking out here...just heading to the slopes for some skiing! :yay:

I'm here! :goodvibes

I wish I could have a snow day! We haven't had one yet even though we thought we would when we had the blizzard three Sundays ago. Unfortunately, we have really hardworking people in maintenance who cleared out all the snow on Sunday!!! What a thrill it is to find out school is closed!

I like your hipster! I'm typically not that interested in the Vera Bradley prints, but that one is really cute! I could definitely see myself using that. I would love to have a crossbody bag, but unfortunately it wouldn't hold everything that I carry (ex. I always carry a light jacket or thin hoodie with me because I can get really cold with the AC and then feel really sick).

The backpack I normally bring is pink. Hehe, I may have to bring a different one because then DBF can help me carry it :)

Your plans look great!

YAY for a snow day!!! We never, I mean never, have snow. Maybe once every 10 years or so, and it is not enough to stick to the ground. We'll be cold enough this weekend, just not wet! It sounds like you all had fun.

Followed you over from my PTR...and I see I already posted on the first page! Going to join in for good now. Now I have to go back and catch up. popcorn::

ETA: Ooh, love your Vera hipster! My sister actually has the exact same one and I have the wristlet in that pattern. :laughing:

:lmao: It is hard to keep up with everyone, isn't it?

Your plans look great! We have made all our ADR's as well. Hopefully I will find some time to start my PTR soon! :upsidedow

Wow! I live in NW PA along the lake. It has not stopped snowing since Saturday morning! No freaking out here...just heading to the slopes for some skiing! :yay:

I hope you find the time, too! I'll be on the lookout for it...

Ahhhh, skiing, never been, but I'd love to go someday.

I'm here! :goodvibes

I wish I could have a snow day! We haven't had one yet even though we thought we would when we had the blizzard three Sundays ago. Unfortunately, we have really hardworking people in maintenance who cleared out all the snow on Sunday!!! What a thrill it is to find out school is closed!

I like your hipster! I'm typically not that interested in the Vera Bradley prints, but that one is really cute! I could definitely see myself using that. I would love to have a crossbody bag, but unfortunately it wouldn't hold everything that I carry (ex. I always carry a light jacket or thin hoodie with me because I can get really cold with the AC and then feel really sick).

The backpack I normally bring is pink. Hehe, I may have to bring a different one because then DBF can help me carry it :)

Sometimes I wish I lived somewhere where it snowed more, but then I think about the fact that they are better equipped to remove the snow in those places, and I'm happy here where a whittle bit of snow causes a snow day! Even though more snow = more fun...Hard to sled or build a snowman...but they say the snow is coming...I'll let you know tomorrow. :goodvibes

There were several VB patterns I didn't like at all...good thing my DH has good taste! :lmao: I am worried about lack of space...

Your plans look great!

YAY for a snow day!!! We never, I mean never, have snow. Maybe once every 10 years or so, and it is not enough to stick to the ground. We'll be cold enough this weekend, just not wet! It sounds like you all had fun.

Thanks! We did have fun...but I think the kids had had enough of each other by the end of the day...:upsidedow

Hey, I saw you were going in May 2010, and I thought I would stop in and check out your plans! I think we may have a bit of an overlap on our trip! Looks awesome, and I can't wait to read along!

Your snow does make me laugh!! Actually...it makes me jealous!! I wish we had that kind of snow!! We get way more snow then that and don't get snow days. If the school kids are lucky, they'll get a "delayed start".

We got snow last night and luckily it was just light fluff that you could just brush off the windshield. I don't mind that...I absolutely hate when its thick ice that you have to scrape and scrape in the freezing cold when it hurts to hold on to the scraper!

Doesn't the snow make you even more ready for your trip? :goodvibes

Finally finished reading your other trip report! Really makes me look forward to the one you'll write here, especially after reading the lessons you learned from writing the other one. It's so true that trip reports take a lot of time, but it's so nice to have afterwards! I never finished my other TR ... I did finish the Disney-related things, but I didn't write about the trip home. I guess I was inwardly upset that we had to be home so I left it unfinished as if we were still in Florida! Haha.

Hey, I saw you were going in May 2010, and I thought I would stop in and check out your plans! I think we may have a bit of an overlap on our trip! Looks awesome, and I can't wait to read along!

Hi! It's getting closer...little by little!

Your snow does make me laugh!! Actually...it makes me jealous!! I wish we had that kind of snow!! We get way more snow then that and don't get snow days. If the school kids are lucky, they'll get a "delayed start".

We got snow last night and luckily it was just light fluff that you could just brush off the windshield. I don't mind that...I absolutely hate when its thick ice that you have to scrape and scrape in the freezing cold when it hurts to hold on to the scraper!

Doesn't the snow make you even more ready for your trip? :goodvibes

I knew you would appreciate those pictures! It does, but I do enjoy the snow/cold weather while it's here...

Finally finished reading your other trip report! Really makes me look forward to the one you'll write here, especially after reading the lessons you learned from writing the other one. It's so true that trip reports take a lot of time, but it's so nice to have afterwards! I never finished my other TR ... I did finish the Disney-related things, but I didn't write about the trip home. I guess I was inwardly upset that we had to be home so I left it unfinished as if we were still in Florida! Haha.

:goodvibes Hopefully my next trip report will be better! That's funny about leaving yours unfinished...But the trip back home is never as exciting as the trip down to Florida, is it?

I knew you would appreciate those pictures! It does, but I do enjoy the snow/cold weather while it's here...

I wouldn't mind it if it was every once in a while and didn't make the streets too bad! :laughing:

Can you believe its been in the upper 50's here all week? Maybe even lower 60's! I haven't even been wearing a jacket! Its so nice!!

I wouldn't mind it if it was every once in a while and didn't make the streets too bad! :laughing:

Can you believe its been in the upper 50's here all week? Maybe even lower 60's! I haven't even been wearing a jacket! Its so nice!!

I can't believe it! :scared1:

Yesterday and today were like that here...and just when I was thinking we might have a "proper winter" this year...

Luke had a Basketball game today and left the house in his jersey--short sleeves & shorts...no jacket or long pants...of course it was sprinkling when we got out and he didn't like his legs getting wet. :goodvibes

Hi guys! I am working on an update, but just wanted to drop by and let you all know I am still here...:goodvibes

Back in November when I started this PTR, I said I would add pictures and I intended to do a better introduction. Well, I think it's been long enough! :lmao: Like I said earlier, I'm 'B' and I'm 29. Here I am this past Halloween. Even though I am nearing 30 all that gray hair is not natural...some of it is, though. It's Halloween, remember...that mustache is not natural, either! :rotfl:

20091113_271.jpg

Yup, still 29 here, really and truly. (But just for 2 more months) I really have mixed feelings on this whole 30 thing. Yikes! :scared1: Let's not dwell on that, ok? Monday thru Thursday I work in an office. I don't really have a job title (that I know of...who knows what they refer to me as...). I answer the phones, help walk in customers, pay the bills, get the mail, accept deliveries (the one not requiring a fork-lift!), do the billing, do the banking, empty the women's room garbage that mysteriously gets filled with various giant sized drink cups that were not mine even though I am the only woman in the office, DIS when I get a free moment, etc. On Fridays I help my husband out in his office. I do a lot of work for him as well, during the week...I'm his 'mobile office' :goodvibes Luckily, I am off work at 3:00 and am able to pick up my kids from school, take them to any activities, or just go home and spend some time before cleaning, laundry, and dinner kick in!

Max is my DH. He spends his time working, watching football, and thinking about Disney World! :rolleyes1 Or hanging out in his chair--the only time he can multitask. :rotfl2:

20091113_111.jpg

Allison is our 9 year old daughter. Her first trip to WDW was when she was 3 years old. I will have to get some pictures up from that trip! She loves all things girly. :cutie: Her favorite ride is Tower of Terror. Hopefully, she's getting on Everest in May.

20091113_104.jpg

Luke is our son, he will turn 8 in February. He first went to WDW when he was only 1 1/2. He tells me his favorite ride is Tower of Terror. (smart kids!) He says he's going on Everest in May. We have our fingers crossed...I've only been on it once. He is taking his cues from his Daddy:

20091113_118.jpg

We also have a Margot in our family. When we got her as an early Christmas gift for the kids in 2006 we thought we were bringing home a miniature dachshund, but she outgrew that distinction pretty quickly! You may not be able to tell her size very well from this picture, though.

20091113_110.jpg

Our Disney story:

My DH had taken a trip to WDW with his family in 1986 or so...The rest of us went for the first time in July 2003. We fell in love with it! We have been able to (made it a priorty to) go back every year since then. DH & I took a trip by ourselves in 2007 for our anniversary. We also felt that 'going to Disney World' was something that was becoming normal for the kids. When you are 7 and 5 and have been going every summer since you can remember, surely you would think that. We wanted them to realize what a big deal it is to go to Disney World, and also to make them miss it and really be excited to go, so they skipped a year! We are so excited about being new DVC owners and going back in May. :yay:

Thanks for the introductions! :wave2: My DH is already starting to fret about turning 30 and he is only 28!

I finally started my PTR if you would like to check it out!

Thanks for the introductions! :wave2: My DH is already starting to fret about turning 30 and he is only 28!

I finally started my PTR if you would like to check it out!

I think that's the age I though sounded old! :laughing: 27, nah, 28, old! Now old is 30, but I'm sure in 10 years I'll look back at myself and laugh!

Thanks for letting me know about your PTR--I'm going over there now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter