May 19 - 24, 2014 San Diego to Vancouver

We're booked on this cruise...it'll be our first and we're so excited! We were supposed to go on a MR one last October, but I got pregnant right after we booked so we had to cancel. Travelers will be me, dh, dd (7), ds (5), and baby dd (18 months). Dd will be missing a bit of first grade too :)

I'm very excited for this cruise and have fingers crossed that I'll be able to persuade DW not to have me cancel it before the PIF! It'd be our 2nd cruise (in between 12nt Mediterranean cruises this July and next) and looked like a relatively economical way to earn some CC credits. Getting to enjoy the ship during the at sea days while spending some time in SF sounds delightful.

After reading about everyone doing B2B cruises, I booked this cruise yesterday to go along with our Alaskan cruise. We are so excited to be on the ship for 14 nights. We went to Alaska out of Seattle last year and loved it.

After reading about everyone doing B2B cruises, I booked this cruise yesterday to go along with our Alaskan cruise. We are so excited to be on the ship for 14 nights. We went to Alaska out of Seattle last year and loved it.

We are with you on the B2Bs... This is the third leg of our MAMAW (Miami-Alaskan Marathon On Wonder) cruise. Did the Inaugural Alaskan back in '11 and loved it.. :woohoo:

Is it too early to ask about FE's? Just wondering how it all is organized...can you tell I can't wait?

Is it too early to ask about FE's? Just wondering how it all is organized...can you tell I can't wait?

Not to early to ask at all. This thread hasn't been very active so far, but it seems that things are picking up.

I am not good at organizing this sort of thing, have enough trouble keeping myself straight, let alone a bunch of other folks, so as soon as someone offers to organize, I will be glad to put a link to the info on the main thread on the first page.

Welcome to all the new peeps-guess I hadn't checked in here in a day or so. Yay, our group is growing . :goodvibes

taaren, maybe you will be able to share any thoughts you have on hotels in San Diego near the port.

VowRenewal13, glad you decided to go with the B2B. Like you, my sil and I are most excited about 14 days on the ship. 7-days is the longest cruise we have done so far.

Huney--how exciting for you and your family, your first DCL cruise. You are in for a wonderful vacation.

rounderjd, boy when you decided to cruise, you jumped on it big time, two meds with a CA coast in between. Just don't bring up this one too often and maybe DW will forget about it before it is too late. ;)

ppartekim, you are going to be on that ship so long, they may start mistaking you as a Cast Member.

Again, welcome aboard everyone.

I'm very excited for this cruise and have fingers crossed that I'll be able to persuade DW not to have me cancel it before the PIF! It'd be our 2nd cruise (in between 12nt Mediterranean cruises this July and next) and looked like a relatively economical way to earn some CC credits. Getting to enjoy the ship during the at sea days while spending some time in SF sounds delightful.

how did you get your tags side by side?

I just finished updating the Whose Sailing list, and I hope I now have everyone on there that has checked in so far. If I have missed anybody or anything, please let me know. :)

rounderjd, boy when you decided to cruise, you jumped on it big time, two meds with a CA coast in between. Just don't bring up this one too often and maybe DW will forget about it before it is too late. ;)

Sounds like a plan -- I definitely shouldn't let her know I've subscribed to this thread! If we didn't live so far from the regular US ports, I'd certainly be in trouble.

how did you get your tags side by side?

I tweaked the bbcode settings so there were just the image tags with no spaces between them: (replace left parentheses with left brackets)
(img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1374735620.png[/img](img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1400482805.png[/img](img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1405321202.png[/img]

Important Dates:

Feb 3, 2014
On-line check-in, excursions, Spa & Palo Dining available for San Diego cruise if final payment has been made
March 5, 2014 - Final Payment for San Diego cruise is due.

How does that work? Is the Feb 3rd excursion booking just for platinum members or anyone who has paid in full? And if you pay in full to book, is the itinerary fare still refundable without penalty utility March 5th? Thanks in advance!

How does that work? Is the Feb 3rd excursion booking just for platinum members or anyone who has paid in full? And if you pay in full to book, is the itinerary fare still refundable without penalty utility March 5th? Thanks in advance!

I am going to have to check on those dates. Somebody gave me that date, so I will confirm, as I am not Platinum myself. Could be that is the Platinum date, so I will find out the other dates and get those posted as well. One way to find out exactly what your dates are is to go the DCL page and pull up your reservation. Final pay date should be the same for everyone. It is interesting to me that the final pate day for the San Diego sailing, which happens before the Alaska sailing, is after the final pay date for the Alaska sailing. I don't know if sailing out of Vancouver is considered "international" or not, but that could be the case.

Yes, my understanding is that you can get a refund up until final payment is due. I think they make the booking dates earlier so that people will go ahead and pay so they can book spa, dining and excursions and not wait until the last minute. :confused3 Once your final payment is due, then the penalties begin, and I have thankfully never had to deal with that either.

OK, rounderjd, dates in the information post have been updated. I calculated these dates myself, so if anyone sees something not quite right, please let me know as I have been known to make a mistake or two or three.

Sounds like a plan -- I definitely shouldn't let her know I've subscribed to this thread! If we didn't live so far from the regular US ports, I'd certainly be in trouble.

Sounds to me like you already are and you haven't had your first sailing yet. It will only get worse after that.
:thumbsup2

I am sure you know about reshopping your future sailings while onboard, right? Sometimes it saves money and sometimes booking early saves, just depends, but it is worth the time to check it out. Even if the cost of the cruise is not any less, you might gain some onboard credit that you don't already have.

RweTHEREyet said:
I just finished updating the Whose Sailing list, and I hope I now have everyone on there that has checked in so far. If I have missed anybody or anything, please let me know. :)

Where can you view the list?

Where can you view the list?

Yes, what ppartekim said.

Ya know, I check this thread often, and I usually look for the "View First Unread" at the beginning of the thread to see if I need to update anything, and that is no longer showing up for me when there are new messages. Guess I will just check to the end of the thread every day.

Yes, what ppartekim said.

Ya know, I check this thread often, and I usually look for the "View First Unread" at the beginning of the thread to see if I need to update anything, and that is no longer showing up for me when there are new messages. Guess I will just check to the end of the thread every day.

Have you tried "subscribing" to the thread? Then you just check your subscriptions for any new posts. I have subscribed to each of my cruise threads and just leave my subscription page open and refresh it now and again to see if new posts have arrived.

Does anyone have any recommendations on hotels in San Diego. Have never been to California and am looking for a clean place in a safe area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts